Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Just For A Moment Put Rivalry Aside.

Well said Tilly, there’s a lot more to life than football and family is number one in my opinion. This young man served this nation with honour too, RIP Christopher Butcher

What a terrible thing to happen. No one wants to outlive their children.Our fans never wanted his father to play well for his club it was a different story in his England shirt. He did more often than not.Let''s all show our understanding if there''s an announcement at Sunday''s game.

Tragic consequence of his armed service. We must try harder to help these lads cope with what they have been through. They deserve our thanks and best help as a minimum. And so do his family.

Rivalry doesn''t come into it for me.

Butcher for Ipswich was like Holt for us and part of the game.

But this story is tragic and beyond football except with Terry Butcher having such a profile it gets greater attention.

Perhaps the publicity will help raise awareness of the problems veterans face. My sincere condolences.

Wonder if they might do something for the family at the game on Sunday, if so I know all the ncfc fans will join in

Lovely moment for Terry Butcher, and his family, with the applause before the game.

The cameras showed the big man, in the crowd, as the applause went round the ground, and it obviously hit him (again) at that moment.

Lessingham - See Crabby''s post, they announced it before the game & there was a round of applause

[quote user="Diane"]Lessingham - See Crabby''s post, they announced it before the game & there was a round of applause[/quote]Yes they did make an announcement but the City fans were in full " OnThe Ball City " voice at the time so it got drowned out for the most part.