Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

How many at Poorman Rd?

Let''s have a guess at the crowd size at the upcoming binners game.......

Ground capacity 30,300.Biggest gate last season 25,684 (Newcastle).Norwich last season 23,350.Ave attendance last season 16,980.Ave attendance this season to date 15,777.

On the upside, tickets are only £30 this time as opposed to £37/43 last year.Downside, it''s on TV and it''s a 12 noon kick off so that''ll keep a few away.

I think a lot will depend on next weekend. If they lose at Sheff Utd and we beat Hull putting us back above them in the league, I can see the gate falling below 20k. However, if the fortunes are reversed then I think they''ll probably get around the 25k mark.

I''m going for 21,500.

[8]Marcus Evans we love you.[8] [<:o)]

Someone asked about their game last season v Newcastle - think it was a ''special'' one in memory of Bobby Robson (I guess for both clubs), I think it had reduced entry prices too, so was a near sell-out.

As for the game v us in a couple of weeks, I reckon it''ll be 24,500 or thereabouts.

I think their loyal support will fancy their chances this season more than other any in recent times, so that will attract a few extra. 19,000 i''m thinking, big pay day for Suffolk.

To clarify why i think 19,000, Ave attendance this season to date 15,777 (according to Lapps) ave away support so far this season at Poorman Rd will be around 1,000 we will take 3,000 so thats 2,000 over average making it 17,700 i think they will find an extra 1,000 or so and that will be it, 19,000.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Let''s have a guess at the crowd size at the upcoming binners game.......

Ground capacity 30,300.Biggest gate last season 25,684 (Newcastle).Norwich last season 23,350.Ave attendance last season 16,980.Ave attendance this season to date 15,777.

On the upside, tickets are only £30 this time as opposed to £37/43 last year.Downside, it''s on TV and it''s a 12 noon kick off so that''ll keep a few away.

I think a lot will depend on next weekend. If they lose at Sheff Utd and we beat Hull putting us back above them in the league, I can see the gate falling below 20k. However, if the fortunes are reversed then I think they''ll probably get around the 25k mark.

I''m going for 21,500.

[8]Marcus Evans we love you.[8] [<:o)]

[/quote]

Don''t agree with the question.

Don''t give a hoot about any other club''s attendances.

Should be asking by how many points will Daniel Farke win the league this season and how much of their own money will the SS put in to avoid relegation next season???

I couldn''t care less if it was played in front of one man and his dog! All that matters is the result and performance on the pitch. Pretty confident that we will come away undefeated again

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]To clarify why i think 19,000, Ave attendance this season to date 15,777 (according to Lapps) ave away support so far this season at Poorman Rd will be around 1,000 we will take 3,000 so thats 2,000 over average making it 17,700 i think they will find an extra 1,000 or so and that will be it, 19,000.[/quote]We only were given an allocation of just a touch over 2,000 Lessingham.

lincolncanary How on earth were we not the biggest attendance at Poorman road last year?! Did they let Newcastle have more tickets?This might explain''The game is a season ticket holder promotion game, where season ticket

holders can purchase up to four additional adult tickets for just £10

each''
It was also on Easter Monday, NUFC were top of the table and there was all the guff about Bobby RobsonMuch will depend on the new two results for both clubs, as it could mean that we will be above them when we head to poorman road. Previous comments on twtd have been that they are not going to turn up to see themselves beaten, yet again.Had this fixture been in Aug, they may have well won. Harvesting would also have been over if it were late Aug and many a red faced rustic would have been sat smiling watching our demise.

If you have never been in The Station Hotel Diane you will understand why they always designate it a Norwich Fans pub. Without us in there it would take about a tenner on a match day. Complete dump with disgusting toilets.

They are getting very excited on TWTD apparently they have sold out the entire lower section of one stand bless em.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/415611/congratulations/#16

[quote user="First Wazzock"]One of them thinks it will be 26,582

Yeah Right![/quote]It''s probably the same bloke who does their accountsIf there are more than 5000 empty seats then the paupers only have themselves to blame when there is diddly squat for the playing squad. Another 5000 farmhands coughing up £30 each would see them £150,000 better off. Factor in kids and concessions and you are still looking at around £100,00023 home games would easily have another £2m to spend.What use is a ''glorious history'' if you can''t be bothered to turn out to make it a glorious present ?

Some of those blue seats won''t have had bums on them for ages.

I advise would be occupants to check for stagnant water, rust and cracks as they may not be quite comfortable enough or even safe. Also, be careful not to slip on the accumulated moss as you walk to your allotted place.

It might also be appropriate to take a can of 3-In-1 along in order to oil the hinges as they are likely to be rather stiff.

Having said that the whole ground is apparently falling to bits and a major overhaul is long overdue. Let''s hope that the extra noise from the Norwich fans doesn''t cause a roof to collapse or something equally horrendous.

"I''d like to revise my prediction to 23500."

Why is that then CA? And why is it important?

It''s a derby game and their most important home game of the season so far and probably ''til the season''s end. Anything other than a sell-out would be embarrassing surely and would forebode badly for their future, in financial terms if nothing else.

The away end is sold out and apparently there are many canaries booked into the various home stands (they have so many stands I''ve lost track.)

Every blue seat on show on my small screen will be a nail in their coffin, imo.

The end of season average is what matters most and it looks like being a massive 10, 000 below ours. Work that out in income.

The doom-sayers on here seem to think our support will degrade with increasing Championship membership. I do not happen to think that way. Div. 1 showed the extent of our innate support and we will, imo, forever need ground expansion even if it is only for the bigger games. Our support and catchment has solidified to that extent, as I see it.

Our bedrock of support is better than it has ever been. The ITFC support is going in the opposite direction and crumbles by the season. We even get most of the so-called borderland support nowadays because we evoke interest as a football team and have far better in-ground facilities.

NCFC embraces the 21st. Century. ITFC lives in the past.

Hic!

Let them have a payday. It won''t be repeated.

(P.S. Perhaps all those travelling to the poorhouse should take along a packet of Homebase Moss Killer (£3.99) as some of the walkways might be slippery.)

My comments on this last thread (above) have now been picked up by the dope of TWTD (also a laughing stock amongst his own) who seems to be smarting from the put down of yesterday to the extent that he now needs to scrape the bottom of the barrel with the thread he entitles something about us being deluded (he cannot do originality it seems.)

Those having read his nonsense (supported by the usual half-wits) will agree that he needs to be reminded that our last home gate was 25, 666, whilst theirs was 15, 256 (prior to two numbering in the 14, 000 odd.) even though at that point they were above us in the league and also that our season ticket sales number 22, 000 consistently which is some 10, 000 or so more than theirs (which seem to be a secret.)

This combat is fun. I just wish my opponent was a little bit brighter.