Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Things that have happened since Ipswich...

Seen quite a few of these on Twitter so thought we might all like to play along.
Premise is simple. Two categories. Since they beat us, and since they put the stars on their shirt.
Name something that has happened (either in your life or in world news) since Ipswich last beat us, and since they won a "star".
Since they beat us:
I moved to Turkey, moved back again, started university, completed a university degree, did 4 years working and now working on my post-grad.
Since they won a star: 
The Amiga was released. Rubik''s cubes came into fashion. "Thriller" hit the radio....

Since they beat us - Ironman has had 2 sequels, Captain America has foiled Hydra, we have also seen the Avengers assembling and the Guardians of the Galaxy saving the universe twice.Since they last put a star on their shirt - The Soviet Union is no longer a thing, Harrison Ford has featured in over 40 movies and the Chicago Cubs have finally won the World Series.

Since they "won" a star:

Modern Football was invented (1992 - back pass rule introduced)

[quote user="ron obvious"]Since they beat us - I''ve acquired 4 grandchildren![/quote]Some who are now grandparents in suffolk were not even born then.CD''s have come and gone, as has Prince Charles''s marriage.. and his wife.Likewise a few popes, the mini metro... and you did not need to wear a seat belt either.There was no Channel 4, and there was still only 2 points for a win, plus Alan Brazil was still under 19 stone.A reply to binners from the year of their last star

When their last star was earned in 1981, I was still at school!

I''m now in my 50''s!

I did chuckle when they played an ELO track before the game cause that''s the era they seem stuck in!

[quote user="kingsway"]When their last star was earned in 1981, I was still at school!

I''m now in my 50''s!

I did chuckle when they played an ELO track before the game cause that''s the era they seem stuck in![/quote]

Dedicated to their defence

My daughter was born, and she has just been promoted to Squadron Leader in the RAF. She hasn''t got three stars, but she does have three rings/stripes according to which uniform she is wearing.

Since they last beat us they havent been out of the same division. And their history has become even further in the past.

err, I think the OP was talking about 1981the stars on the shirts etc