Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Who's the better club now?!?

Bloody hell supporting them must be tough. Especially second half, aimless hoofs from journeyman footballers.

I told Lincoln Canary and co before the game we''re a much better club than Ipswich on and off the pitch. That much has been proven...yet again.

Was genuinely concerned today as I didn''t think we had the obvious individuals that would provide the quality to make the difference as with previous years....or that the gap in quality between us and then would be as great as in recent years.

No .we weren''t at our best nor is this maybe as good a side as before but they still couldn''t beat us.

Once we scored I felt as relaxed that we wouldnt concede as I ever have a Portman Rd.

If only our defence was as well drilled last season..

This was the most concerned I''d been about playing them in years and I thought they were decent in the first half. Second half though they reverted to type and just hoofed it.

It does feel like we''re the forward thinking, forward moving club while they continue to sink into the mud.

Agree with King... But on the quality front: We''ve got Madders who is ten times better than for instance our ex-player in their midfield! Wildschut was running rings round their rightback... I mean...

I am not a big McCarthy admirer and I do wonder why so many say he does wonders.

His style of football dictates who he brings in, not the other way round.

As we found out so many times last season, relying on the keeper or CB''s to create by hoofing it up the pitch is limited.

I think they could do better, coaching wise and their dwindling crowds seem to prove that to me.

I couldn''t care less really but it is just an observation about a team in our league.

But..but...but...

They have more stars on their shirt than us!

What they don’t realise is it doesn’t matter what’s on the shirt. It’s whats in the shirt that counts - and in that respect we are miles ahead of them

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I am not a big McCarthy admirer and I do wonder why so many say he does wonders.

His style of football dictates who he brings in, not the other way round.[/quote]I''d have to disagree on that one KG.You can''t expect a side that are easily spending a total of less than 2-3 mil in the summer. to play top quality, attractive, technically strong football.Maddison alone (who we initially bought as a prospect) cost more than their entire strike force did, and their midfield is crying out for a player of similar quality, but Evans won''t release the funds to make it happen, thus MM has to go for a more direct approach because of the lack of funds.I''m not saying he isn''t somewhat inclined towards a more physical and direct game, but if you look at many of the clubs he''s managed, finances have almost always been an issue and he''s usually done pretty well under limited circumstances.I almost hope they do sack him, because virtually nobody else is going to do much on a shoestring budget, or be as willing to work under the rules Evans has in place, and thusly they''re more likely to get relegated and then we can all have a good chuckle at their ''history'' when they''re in L1 and still struggling... [:D]

Fair dos Indy you make some valid points but I don''t ever remember MM saying something was his fault or he brought in the wrong player. And other clubs try and play it smarter with just as little finance as him. Barnsley for instance got promoted but still had to sell rather than improve.

I believe he disguises his shortcomings by this "y''know like" attitude. People don''t dislike him and tend to make more allowances with him than others.

I think McCarthy is a decent manager and the only reason they''ve not fallen further over the past few years. With the same budgets and a different manager (if he goes at the end of the season) then they''ll be very lucky to do any better.

This from the EADT,"What yesterday did was highlight a lack of DNA and direction about the

club. Norwich, now unbeaten in nine, have built an identity of German

efficiency under new head coach Daniel Farke in a matter of months. It’s

hard to know what Ipswich are."
And McGoldrick wants to leave.http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/david-mcgoldrick-says-he-faces-big-decision-over-his-future-1-5247687

[quote user="TCCANARY"]This from the EADT,"What yesterday did was highlight a lack of DNA and direction about the

And McGoldrick wants to leave.http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/david-mcgoldrick-says-he-faces-big-decision-over-his-future-1-5247687

[/quote]

Would you have him? Cheeky January bid? If we could offload Naismith to Rangers Id take him.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]This from the EADT,"What yesterday did was highlight a lack of DNA and direction about the

[/quote]

Would you have him? Cheeky January bid? If we could offload Naismith to Rangers Id take him.[/quote]No, he''s not got anything to offer us, we should be looking for better (and younger) players than him.

Sounds like the paupers will be having another clear out, even Mad Mick sees his contract end next summer.As to McGoldrick he might benefit by having his head on the right way up. That way headers might not bounce off at silly angle all the time.As to what Ipswich Town is now.... nothing more than it has been for the last decade. Some sort of tax avoidance scheme that also coughs up a  bit of wonga now and again.A bit like having a former London ''gangster'' living in a bedsit you own, whilst you claim housing benefit for him.

I regrettably have to say the first 10/15 minutes they looked good, much like their early season form.

Fortunately they then returned to type and proved once again they aren''t cut out for anything more than being a mid-champ team!

The whole MM thing i get. I think in his own style he is a good manager. That being said I definitely wouldn''t want him here.

He works a small miracle keeping them in the Champs each year with the resources that he''s provided with. I do have to question how long he''ll be able to keep it up though. I think the moment he leaves the club will free fall and i will find great pleasure in that!

[quote user="Andy G"]I regrettably have to say the first 10/15 minutes they looked good, much like their early season form.

Fortunately they then returned to type and proved once again they aren''t cut out for anything more than being a mid-champ team!

The whole MM thing i get. I think in his own style he is a good manager. That being said I definitely wouldn''t want him here.

He works a small miracle keeping them in the Champs each year with the resources that he''s provided with. I do have to question how long he''ll be able to keep it up though. I think the moment he leaves the club will free fall and i will find great pleasure in that![/quote]A farmhand with a bit more svavy than most posted this tofay"......and the deceitful owner pretending he puts in 5 mil a year when the real

answer on a net basis is closer to zero. It needs a new manager and a

new owner before I will return, pure and simple. This is not Ipswich

Town as we knew it, it is a financial con-trick with the kind of

football and tactics that would disgrace most Sunday League teams."
The not too bright farmhands flocked to poorman road yesterday in the belief that this was their best chance of getting one over their wealthy neighboursSadly (for them) this season is the most likely chance they have had of going down.Compare the two previous 8 match results for the two clubs.18points for us and 6 points for them - and all of those six points came in games against the bottom twoRIPswich