Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Russell Martin

Amazing how the ignorant on this forum pick on Russell Martin, 500 professional games including International appearance''s. 100% NCFC

Give the guy a break he is a really nice man who does not deserve the comments from some on this forum

Totally agree Ron. I like Pinto, but he has been the weakest link defensively IMO. Although, I did feel it was a blatant foul on him before they hit the post.

Nope, not that weak, obviously. Fine margins though; a few good opposition chances have come from that side in recent matches, but haven''t been taken.

Well beyond a joke.  I wouldn''t be surprised if the persistent scapegoating of him has affected his career. Difficult for a player - especially the captain - to stay confident and on top of his game when he knows a section of fans will boo him for every little mistake he makes, or blame him for every goal against.  He has had shameful treatment from a section of "fans".  

Big fan of Russel Martin but became a scapegoat and it is difficult to turn fans perceptions on what they see (or think they see).

Had he done a couple of the things Pinto did today I estimate there would be 5 or 6 threads on it.

Either way, our defence looks good at the moment.

Nobody, because he''s injured. I do remember some half-wit blaming him for someone else''s mistake though, which was odd considering he wasn''t even playing in that game ...

[quote user="ron obvious"]Nobody, because he''s injured. I do remember some half-wit blaming him for someone else''s mistake though, which was odd considering he wasn''t even playing in that game ...[/quote]

He''s not injured, playing regularly for u23 games.

Farke has chosen not to select him for the squad.

You''d have to guess he''s fifth choice centre back now then, as Franke and Hanley both made the bench today.

Maybe he''ll get some minutes against Arsenal? Zimmerman came off with a knock and Hanley is cup tied.

Not surprised that Russ was in the away win watching with the fans, top man, top professional, one of our ncfc family

No coincidence that since his omission from the starting 11 we are a better more organised outfit. Should have happened a couple of years ago.

As for a coaching role? We aren’t a charity as Hucks has found out!

["Canary Utd II"]No coincidence that since his omission from the starting 11 we are a better more organised outfit. Should have happened a couple of years ago.

As for a coaching role? We aren’t a charity as Hucks has found out!

The change inform is due to Farke realising tthat in this League you have to compete, win the ball, stop the opposition and defend as a team with holding midfielders like Tetty and Tryball covering the back 4!

Messrs Klose and Zimmerman have been great but I suspect we still wouldn''t have been far out with Martin in the team following the previous paragraphs ethics!

Martin still has much to offer our team, certainly at rightback where hes our only cover for Pinto whho like others have mentioned makes mistakes that Russell Martin would be crucified for!

Hilarious, absolutely brilliant. Not bitter at all, just pointing out an obvious fact. It really is that simple.

I didn’t start this thread, but results speak for themselves!

If you attribute our turnaround in form completely down to Russell Martin not being in the team then your football knowledge is limited to say the least!

Trust Canary Utd to ruin a good thread with his anti-Russ dirge. We’ve just won the Derby and this thread was highlighting that Russ was in the crowd. He’s a good professional and good club man. F off if you don’t like it 👍🏻

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]We spoke to Russ at H/T today, confirmed he is not injured, now waiting on his chance to get back in selection.[/quote]Given the Zimmerman injury doubt and Hanley being cup-tied he may get a game tomorrow.

I don''t think anyone''s arguing that RM isn''t a great guy or hasn''t doesn''t done a great job for City over the years. He is simply no longer good enough imho and whilst I don''t think it''s directly attributable it''s difficult to overlook that fact that we have hardly conceded a goal since the Millwall game.

I''m sure Martin knows the score. He has been in the game long enough to know why he isn''t playing.

Don''t think he will be hammering on DF''s door.

[quote user="Tootingyellow"]I don''t think anyone''s arguing that RM isn''t a great guy or hasn''t doesn''t done a great job for City over the years. He is simply no longer good enough imho and whilst I don''t think it''s directly attributable it''s difficult to overlook that fact that we have hardly conceded a goal since the Millwall game.[/quote]Why dissmiss the change in formation? The move to two holding midfielders is more significant than the personnel changes, no-one is saying the same about the other defenders from that game.

Hang on, are we still supposed to be making RM the scapegoat? Like, even though he''s out of the team, whilst we''re winning, we''re going to simply say it''s because he''s not in the team?
I suppose if you''re blind and deaf you could get away with not attributing anything towards a completely structural change, formation change, mentality change and instructional change but then again if you were blind and deaf it''s unlikely you''d know RM wasn''t in the team anymore anyway.