Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Spot on Darren Eadie

Love his response to the binner trying to defend their performance and saying that was the only way we were going to score.

''Only takes one''

@nuff said

Eadie was right though. Our go came because Stipermann overlapped, and Wildschut got in the box and it forced Ipswich back. You do sometimes need to commit numbers forward even if it could leave you exploded.

It''s about knowing when to commit an extra man forward though. Those that complain we don''t bomb forward all the time would then criticise the defence when we concede. We got the balance spot on as the score line shows.

I''m very encouraged as it''s still very very early in Farkes reign and the team will continue to improve and learn his way.

The thing is we do overload sometimes, when it''s sensible and we don''t when it''s not worth it. That''s why we''re not conceding, the structure doesn''t concede clear cut chances, they always come from an individual error, so we''re logically minimizing that risk.

We had attack attack attack under Alex Neil and how did that go? You need to be smart, the goal is to win and keep picking up points, you get nothing more for scoring more goals.

Problem is that we have Jerome up front who really doesn''t look like scoring. We need Oliveira fit and playing and a replacement for Jerome in January. Great performance overal though

Completely agree with that. All men back for defending is obviously working, but we also need to support the attack quicker. Jerome is committed and holds the ball up superbly, but just doesn''t look the scoring threat he did 2/3 years ago. We have Nelson, but that''s one position we could improve on in January in case of injuries. Looking great though! OTBC!!

I agree we do not always commit enough men forward, but there were several occasions today when we had 4/5 men in and around the Ipswich box, but the final pass or shot was not good enough. The Germans are one of the best teams in the world at defending a 1-0 lead and I believe Farke has instilled that ethos into the current Norwich side. Last season we would have conceded a goal as soon as we were put under any pressure, this is not the case this season. I will settle for solid defending and a 1-0 win anytime. Olivera is almost back to full fitness, Pritchard is making good progress and we still have the January transfer window to come.

People keep saying Nelson will replace Cam once he''s fit, but although they are both strikers they play very differently. Nelson is better at scoring but he doesn''t do what Jerome does for the wider team. I can see Farke playing Nelson less than people expect when he''s able to do 90 minutes.

That 4-0 defeat at Millwall might just turn out to be one of our most important results of the season. Farke has realised the limitations of certain players, we now have 2 CBs who can deal with the direct stuff and 2 DMs who can stop teams playing through us. It might not be pretty at times, but it''s effective. Start winning at home and top 2 is very much on.

I don''t think Eadie was being over critical. He was stating the obvious.

But at the moment, apart from seeing plenty of goals, the system is working.

I think it is harder for Jerome to play this system than Oliveira as he can be marked easier with our more patient build up.

On a really good run aren''t we. Farke doing a great job.

Darren''s advice will surely be given the weight it deserves.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]Love his response to the binner trying to defend their performance and saying that was the only way we were going to score.

''Only takes one''[/quote]

Super Eadie! Super Eadie!

OTBC! Stuffed the binners (yet again)!