Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Arsenal v Norwich

How do you see this going folks? Personally, I think we''ll give them a good game and I''d imagine it''ll be a bit more open than today''s derby win where we had to scrap a lot. I think we''ll see some good expansive football from both sides. Can we win? Absolutely. They''re a class team but seem very inconsistent, and as they''ll likely be playing a few youngsters, rather than Sanchez and Ozil, that surely can only be a good thing for us. Nelson Oliveira to start, and he''s certainly more than got the beating of Rob Holding so could be interesting. James Maddison is taking everything in his stride and seems completely unfazed - I won''t be surprised at all if he catches Arsene Wenger''s attention, and have a feeling he''ll get a goal against them as I think he''s undeniably real Premier League quality - reminds me very much of a young David Beckham. Mind you, they''ll likely play Giroud and Wilshere and they''ll be keen to replicate THAT goal against us from 2013(?). Just hoping Stiepermann, Zimmermann and others who appeared to pick up knocks today will be fit - a similar side to today but bringing in Oliveira for Jerome would be my pick though I can''t see Hoolahan playing 2 games in 2 days. Think it would have been fairer to Arsenal and ourselves if this fixture was played Wednesday but never mind. See you there 👍#OTBC

I would agree, but I doubt Nelson''s fit for more than a cameo. His groin was playing up again today apparently.

But we should still give them a run for their money. I''d start with Wes - he''s still got the class to discombobulate the Gooners.

Should be a good match; when all''s said & done we''re both sides who like to play proper footie. OTBC!

Good post, Ron 👍. I was under the impression in my then drunken haze at the end of the match that Jerome was feeling the effects, that''s why I suspected Oliveira may start Tuesday - didn''t know his groin was playing up so much today, perhaps that''s why he started warming up and then never came on. Just hope we can put one of our stronger sides out and give it a real go, I''m loving it that Farke is taking the cup competitions seriously as well - never liked this ''let''s concentrate on the league'' nonsense, it''s not harming us so far this season, and has arguably improved us as the team gels together 👍

I had got in my head that this game was Wednesday as us and arsenal played today does this happen very often? Seen like there''s no reason to not have this game on Wednesday?

Anyway as for up front surely Jerome won''t start as we need him at his best for the league and with Oliveria still injured who else can play up top?

Sky picked another London game for Wednesday so our game played on Tuesday at the request of the Police.

We should put out a team of kids. Big games coming up and we can''t afford any more injuries

Wouldn''t normally agree with putting out kids, but in this scenario we risk knackering our players for Saturday Andrew with another game just three days after that the schedule is pretty tough.

Team I would go with:

McGovern

Martin

Franke

Klose

Husband

Phillips

Reed

Murphy

Vrancic

Mourgas

Abrahams

Mixture of youth and experience in there that would give it a go

Would only make a handful of changes for this one. Winning breads confidence and we are on a good roll at the moment so lets try and keep the consistency going and reward the players that have been doing so well.

Gunn

Pinto

Franke

Klose

Husband

Trybull

Reed

Vrancic

Maddison

Murphy

Oliviera/Abrahams (depending on how fit Nelson is).

I think tomorrow''s line up will be -

Gunn

Pinto

Franke

Klose

Husband

Reed

Trybull

Vrancic

Maddison

Murphy

Jerome (if not injured).

The team I would like to see providing the knocks yesterday were insignificant -

Gunn

Pinto

Zimmermann

Klose

Stiepermann

Reed

Trybull

Wildschut

Hoolahan

Maddison

Oliveira.

News so far -

Oliveira trained today and is feeling much better - and Jerome is available thankfully. Zimmermann''s knee slighly swollen but sounds like he may make it ''a tough guy says Daniel Farke''. Russell Martin will be travelling with the squad.

Tottenham at home Wednesday police would not entertain both North London teams on same night.

Arsenal will play Europa League team will we get a result absolutely no chance. Yellow tinted glasses methinks.

Nelson should not play any part far more important games to come.

For me, this is what it''s all about, the derby wins, and the numerous times we''ve beaten the ''big boys'' in the past when we were never given a chance by many. We''ve been beaten by teams that were never expected to beat us too, and that is the beauty of football.

We''ll be playing an Arsenal team with a few quality players and some talented youngsters. It''s very likely they''ll be facing exactly the same tomorrow night.

We are the underdogs, but we have EVERY chance.

I always go in The Twelve Pins when I go down there. Not traditionally an away fans pub buts its right outside Finsbury Park tube station, is a decent size with sky sports TV and always has a decent selection of beers on.

Sorry my last post was in the wrong thread.
Looking forward to this one, any ideas what the team could be tomorrow, Farke sort of hinted it would be a strong one with Zimmermann and Nelson likely to be involved?
38 coaches tomorrow leaving CR between 2:15pm and 3pm so should be down there in plenty of time

Saw this interview on twitter with Jon from Along Come Norwich and an Arsenal fan, thought its worth a read
[url]http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/arsenal-a-the-preview[/url]

I suspect Farke''s going to give it a right go and I''m with him. A good performance and possibly even a sneaky win would lift the club. If Zimmermann & Stiepermann are fit to start, Josh & Watkins are unavailable and Nelson is still struggling, I''d go for:

Gunn

Pinto

Zimmermann (or Hanley if CZ is unfit and GH not cup-tied)

Klose

Husband

Reed

Trybull

Wildschut

Maddison

Stiepermann

Jerome

Wes, Oliveira & Vrancic (possibly Josh?) off the bench assuming unforced changes (which is unlikely due to bumps & bruises from Sunday). You never know what might happen. This squad are gelling well, morale is high, we''re difficult to score against... could see this going to extra time, maybe even a shoot-out! OTBC!!!

Not much changed, Farke doesn''t think like that in excess. He wants to win everything.

With Zimermann getting a knock Hanley will get acclimatised.

[quote user="Jarders"]I had got in my head that this game was Wednesday as us and arsenal played today does this happen very often? Seen like there''s no reason to not have this game on Wednesday?[/quote]Spurs have West Ham on Weds night. Whilst they are no longer at White Hart lane Mr Plod will also have Evertonians coming in at Euston heading across town to ChelseaYes, Weds would have been better for both clubs, but given the large number of kids going to the game I think it best we are out of it on Tuesday night

Apparently, and this is from an Arsenal fan, Olivier Giroud has been spotted out ''on the razz'' tonight 😝. Now either he''s not playing tomorrow, or is just expecting us to be a walkover!

If we were to win wouldn''t it be great if we drew the binners in the next round.

Well, our injury list is extensive:

Zimmermann - tonsillitis / swollen knee (could play)

Stiepermann - tonsillitis (could play)

Martin - on the road to recovery (could play)

Thompson - long term: achilles

Jarvis - currently in LA

Pritchard - currently in LA

Oliveira - groin, toothache (bizarrely linked?!, but could play)

Murphy - broken toe (could be fit)

Tettey - months out?

Alongside Hanley (cup tied) and Watkins (suspended - last game), we really are down to the bare bones.