Sign in to follow this  
Diane

Guardian interview with Farke today

Theres an interview in the Guardian today which gives interesting background info about him
[url]https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/23/norwich-city-daniel-farke-arsenal-carabao-cup?CMP=share_btn_tw[/url]

Great read Diane, well done. Particularly like this extract;-"He dismisses claims that such an approach is too idealistic for the

Championship. “People say the same thing in Germany: the second league

is a fighting league, it’s not so much about philosophy, it’s about

winning headers and duels and getting the second balls,” he says. “Yes,

you have to do all those things. But when everyone does them, there must

also be a difference between teams. Our quality on the ball should be

the difference. That’s what I try to implement. If you are always

hunting and chasing, you get exhausted. The idea is to exhaust the

opponents, not yourselves. And I believe in this even more here because

you have a higher workload and no winter break.” "

A good article. maybe this will calm a few of the doubting Thomases"“I came over several times and had many discussions with Stuart Webber

and also many other people. And I realised I wanted to come here. I have

this feeling that the club and the city are open-minded and they want

this time of change. They want to implement a new structure and I really

felt honoured I should be allowed to be responsible, together with

Stuart Webber, for leading this change. You are the club’s first manager

from outside Britain or Ireland, you are a non-native speaker and there

are high expectations. The supporters are addicted to this club and

they want to be back in the Premier League as soon as possible. It’s

such a big challenge and that’s the reason I wanted to join. It is the

most interesting task I’ve had.”I also think (shoot the heretic) that we are now operating at the level that befits us.We maybe ''little old Norwich'' but that doen''t mean not doing things right. Not building on our strengths and not thinking that money alone is the answer.Farke has come from a very thorough learning of the game - especially off the pitch.One of the complaints from many younger players si that they are not getting the chance at PL clubs and are left to ''rot'' in the reserves, or if lucky on the bench. I doubt either Gunn or Maddison would have exchanged yesterday for a place on a PL bench. Read what Maddison has to say about going to the Emirates.That suggests that we will be able to attract those promising younger players who want to play, and in the right enviroment as wellta for the link

On possession football though, that goal Sunday was absolutely immense as a whole team goal, even Gunn played a part!

This isn''t Reading-esque possession is everything nonsense, it''s effective, smart, getting the basics right first then worrying about how we move the ball about.

I don''t think I''ve ever wanted a manager to succeed with us as much as Farke, love the man!

I was told by an Arsenal fan that he saw his first piece of Daniel Farke speaking on Sky on Sunday morning before the derby. He told me as soon as he saw the interview he wanted him to replace Arsene Wenger. I feel we are starting to get noticed again.

Great interview, very interesting and an highly intelligent man. He knows his sh1t alright. I''m a massive fan and hope we keep him, Stuart Webber and all the other key components in place because you sense there''s something special happening at Carrow Rd right now.

Thanks Diane. That was a really interesting article.

It is clear Farke is increasingly popular with supporters and I have no doubt the players feel the same plus; for our best young players he has to be the right person to build their careers.

James Maddison will benefit massively from working with such a forward thinking and grounded coach. A football coach and a life coach too.

Indeed it is a fantastic read and I echo the thanks to Diane for posting.
I found it most interesting  that Farke wanted to be a SD and reluctantly became a coach. I can''t imagine a British footballer retiring with dreams to become a SD because the concept is so new here. And let''s be honest quite unpopular with loads of fans as we saw on here when this new regime was getting poor results in August.
If this Webber/Farke revolution continues the elephant in the room about their appointments will become to huge to be ignored.

Refreshing that the Guardian has something interesting & factual to read on this occasion. 

So much for the "poor man''s Wagner" tag as some opposition fans tried to suggest. A very intelligent man who also seems to excel in man-management skills.

I can see good times ahead if we can hang on to this chap. I just hope he doesn''t see promotion to the Premiership as ''job done'', and moves on to the next challenge.

[quote user="Jools"]Refreshing that the Guardian has something interesting & factual to read on this occasion.  [/quote]Well done you for regularly reading it so as to know.

ps I''m sure if you asked nicely they could put up some stories about how the EU killed Princess Diana, how working on an allotment can give you cancer and eating foreign muck can cause a house price fall

Good article. Slightly marred by Sheff Utd fans comments trolling below it. Shame, I feel I''m starting to dislike them as much as I dislike Wolves and the binlords.