Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds at Arsenal

I have received a tenner from one of our sponsors so we can run an extra match bet for the Arsenal game on Tuesday. All posters are welcome to take part. Just post your very best suggestion from the options listed on Bill Hill or Bet 365. (Result, goalscorer, HT/FT etc.) 
Now I know loads of you are going but I need a volunteer who will be available on Tuesday afternoon at around 4pm to make the final selections. Who ever steps forward will get nothing but support from everyone on here. Who wants the job...

I will go for us to lead at hot but arsenal to win, 16/1 with BET 365!

I am around Tuesday as I am off for 2 weeks so if you can’t get anybody else I’d be happy to have a go as I’ve never done before

If the odds are worth it, over 3.5 goals. Or combine with an Arsenal win for better odds.

I think it''s shock time in the "League Cup" so I''m going for HT/FT Draw/Norwich. Best of luck Baldyboy and thanks to our sponsor for your generosity 💛💚💛💚💚

It is a huge honour Nutty, I will try not to let you down and put some money in the pot.

Get the suggestions in folks please!

We''re in great form and I''d love to see a good result, but I think even if they rest half their 1st XI, they''ll still be too much for us, and I would have to think a 2-0 loss is sadly on the cards.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Molly WindleyHanley is cup tied i think you will find.[/quote]Good bet then, guaranteed to get your money back  [:)]Let`s try that with Vrancic first goalscorer and City to win @81.0

I''m going and annoyingly am very optimistic about the match, it''s the hope that kills you.

However, I do wonder whether the cup final mentality vs (frankly, for them) an unwelcome fixture might play into our hands. I''m not saying we''ll win, but I like the idea that we might start strongest and so get the first goal, so Norwich to score first would be my pick.

I put my post on the other Arsenal thread oops

I ll try again

More than 2:5 goals is all I can think of to suggest. 

Good Luck baldyboy

Diane wrote the following post at 23/10/2017 3:59 PM:

"More than 2:5 goals is all I can think of to suggest. "

I would go with that, tough one to call, but Norwich were 9-1 last time I looked, has to be good value at that price.

Good Luck baldyboy 👍

I''d go with Arsenal to win with a -2 handicap. Probably around the 7/4 mark.

Worth remembering that whatever we pick is going to be based on the result at 90 minutes unless we specifically nominate an extra time or penalties method of victory.

Currently:

Extra Time Victory: Arsenal 7/1 Norwich 33/1

Penalties Victory: Arsenal 19/1 Norwich 22/1

Good luck Baldy et al.

Thanks Duncan. Good to know because I don''t think we''ve ever had a fixture like this on Rays Funds before.
I have no idea what team we will put out just two days after Sunday''s game but one player I expect to feature is Mario Vrancic so I''ll go with him to score anytime.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I''d go with Arsenal to win with a -2 handicap. Probably around the 7/4 mark.

Worth remembering that whatever we pick is going to be based on the result at 90 minutes unless we specifically nominate an extra time or penalties method of victory.

Currently:

Extra Time Victory: Arsenal 7/1 Norwich 33/1

Penalties Victory: Arsenal 19/1 Norwich 22/1

Good luck Baldy et al.[/quote]We won some money for the PUPs in a similar way last season with a one-off bet on the eventual outcome of the second leg of the Leicester City-Sevilla tie in the Champions League, because of very tempting odds on the possible extra-time outcomes. From memory it was seven pounds on Leicester to win the tie in normal time (which is what happened) and a pound each on the four extra-time possibilities. Provided Sevilla didn''t win in normal time it guaranteed a decent return.

Arsenal to win and both teams to score at 13/10

But for something more outlandish, City to win to Nil at 20/1

Best of luck Baldy Boy

Norwich to go through to the next round (not the same as Norwich to win).

This isn’t easy as there are some good shouts here, still time for other PUPs to get some suggestions in please!