Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Eddie

Our undoer last night (well him and the ref).

Would anyone be happy with us bringing him in on loan in jan to help cover for cam and Nelson? Tonight was prime example that we needed another man up front to come on for Nelson who was knackered. It would keep them on their toes as well.

Someone like Eddie is quick, strong and knows where the goal is and just like Gunn, needs more exposure to the senior game. I doubt he would demand to be playing every game given he’s only just burst onto the scene and he’d be low risk, high reward for us.

Arsenal are not loaning out many youngsters this season as Wenger wants them to play the Europa league games.

Nketiah has been on the bench for the last couple of rounds and Wenger intends to keep him at Arsenal for the season.

Looks a decent prospect, but then there have been quite a few young players to look great in the League Cup games for Arsenal but never really kick on.

By the time the end of jan rolls round, it’ll be the “important rounds” of the Europa and carabao won’t it tho and Eddie will be back with the kids?

I don''t think Wenger sees any of the Europa League games as ''important rounds'' - pretty much plans to play kids and reserves in every game.

Can''t see Eddie being allowed out on loan this season. Wenger has also stated that he feels loaning out isn''t always the best idea for young players and that it is a bit of a ''last chance'' for them. He prefers to keep them in house now and develop them personally - Iwobi for example never went out on loan

I loved the fact that when the annnouncer read out the names of the subs before the game, he didn''t pronounce Eddie''s name properly.

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I loved the fact that when the annnouncer read out the names of the subs before the game, he didn''t pronounce Eddie''s name properly.[/quote]

The announcer before the game thought Arsenal were playing Ipswich

I would have him but would Arsenal loan him to us as he will be a second striker so how much game time will he get ? unless he went on a goal scoring run he would not be 1st choice in front of Nelson

it would be better for Arsenal to loan him to a lesser club where he is 1st choice and plays every game like Gunn does for us