Sign in to follow this  
Commando Canary

Anthony Ogogo

Ok, first, we don’t know what was said. Second, it was one person, not “fans”. If he was abused then the person that did it should have a lifetime ban, but let’s not get too carried away without knowing anything yet.

Who is getting carried away FenwayFrank? Yes, Fan, not Fans, but does that make it okay? Just so you have an understanding of the law, here it is.."Any incident/crime which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by hostility of prejudice based on a persons race or perceived race"or"Any incident which is perceived by the victim or any other person to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a persons religion or perceived religion"

I’m just making the point that you’re saying it’s shocking and embarrassing, do you know what happened ?

If you’re going to go by the letter of the law then most of us could say we’re being abused on a daily basis.

I never said it’s ok, I said if it has happened then the culprit should be banned for life.

Anthony Ogogo identified one of our fans as racially abusing him (after saying how proud he was of our support last night). Now we need to find the moron and people need to come forward if they know who it is and with evidence to get the idiot away from our game for good.

IF you were to pick on someone whether it be racial abuse or just for a fight... surely A BOXER is the worst choice you could make? Does this not say all we need to know about this racist? Clearly not one of ''Norfolks Finest''!

Don''t know anything about this incident but I was shocked by the behaviour of our fans last night. I was sitting in the upper tier next to the Arsenal fans. When we scored several of our supporters started goading the Arsenal supporters who not surprisingly responded. The Arsenal fans had been fine until our lot started problems.

It got worse as the game went on and one of our idiots tried to climb over the fence to get at them. A surprisingly large number of our fans spent more time watching and goading the Arsenal fans than they did watching a wonderful game.

If you are reading this you are morons and I don''t want you supporting our club. Go somewhere else to relieve your anger issues.

Having seen what I saw in the presence of young children it doesn''t surprise me that Ogogo was abused.

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is a huge difference between "fan" and "fans".  Immotive and unecesseary. If there was a lone fan abusing an Arsenal player say so, not sensationalise it.

[/quote] Really Lake District Canary? Interesting view and opinion. ONE fan is to many! I really don''t get your point? or perhaps I do!!!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I’m just making the point that you’re saying it’s shocking and embarrassing, do you know what happened ?

If you’re going to go by the letter of the law then most of us could say we’re being abused on a daily basis.

I never said it’s ok, I said if it has happened then the culprit should be banned for life.[/quote]Yes Fenway, if an upstanding citizen has gone public and said he was racially abused by someone, and that particular person was a City fan, whether or not i know the specific details IS shocking and embarrassing. Interesting point of view you have!!!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I don’t think you get anyone else’s point of view at the moment. Comes across as guilty until proven innocent.[/quote]I think i get your point fully Fenway, I really do!

No place for it, hopefully the offender is found and banned.

Articles suggest Agogo was in the Arsenal end? Not that it matters just thought it odd, as tickets were £10 and not hard to come by with 3,000+ extra released?

Also, why do articles always say he was in the NCFC academy? I know people the same age who said he may have had a trial but never got in, so seems strange the media always claim he was a part of our academy.

I hope anyone who witnessed it and knows who it was shops the person!

I don’t know how anybody can defend these actions at all

[quote user="jeagle"]No place for it, hopefully the offender is found and banned.

Articles suggest Agogo was in the Arsenal end? Not that it matters just thought it odd, as tickets were £10 and not hard to come by with 3,000+ extra released?

Also, why do articles always say he was in the NCFC academy? I know people the same age who said he may have had a trial but never got in, so seems strange the media always claim he was a part of our academy.[/quote]
Agree, hope they find the offender and give a lifetime ban. 
I would think he was in the Arsenal end either in corporate hospitality, or with mates - I don''t think it was a financial concern or lack of availability.
No idea about the academy thing, but the media are hardly renowned for reporting nothing but the truth, just general journalist hyperbole I guess.
Fenway - You don''t need to know the "details" - racial abuse is racial abuse, and I don''t think Ogogo is making it up about our fans for no reason. Why would he paint the fans of the club he supports in a bad light if it wasn''t true. I find racial abuse shocking and disgusting, if you''d rather wait for the "details" then that''s your prerogative, but I don''t see any reason to hold off condemning it.
LDC - Did you actually assume he was an Arsenal player? He''s one of us.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2017-10-25 2:17 PM:

There is a huge difference between "fan" and "fans". Immotive and unecesseary. If there was a lone fan abusing an Arsenal player say so, not sensationalise it.

Sorry LDC, but fans or fan......there is no protection. One is all that is required to commit the offence, and there is no place for it within, or among, city fans whatsoever. I hope the club identify this idiot and he gets his come uppance!

dylanisabaddog is absolutely right. The behaviour of a tiny number of our fans last night was disgusting and they should be banned. Two or three of them refused to sit down and abused the Arsenal Stewards when asked to sit.

[quote user="kick it off"]LDC - Did you actually assume he was an Arsenal player? He''s one of us.[/quote]Yes, apologies.  I don''t follow boxing at all. I prefer sports to be non-violent in nature.

According to Ogogo, the idiot appeared to be in his seventies and believed Ogogo was an Arsenal supporter and more or less told to get back to where he came from.

Pathetic, inaccurate and maybe something that may have further repercussions.

If the old fool is a season ticket holder then give him his money back and tell him not to come back. His loss then.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="kick it off"]LDC - Did you actually assume he was an Arsenal player? He''s one of us.[/quote]Yes, apologies.  I don''t follow boxing at all. I prefer sports to be non-violent in nature.[/quote]Keen on a spot of pole dancing then LDC ? [;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="kick it off"]LDC - Did you actually assume he was an Arsenal player? He''s one of us.[/quote]Yes, apologies.  I don''t follow boxing at all. I prefer sports to be non-violent in nature.[/quote]Keen on a spot of pole dancing then LDC ? [;)][/quote]

Never say never!  http://bozzer.me/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/348D596000000578-3606095-image-a-12_1464070155189.jpg

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]According to Ogogo, the idiot appeared to be in his seventies and believed Ogogo was an Arsenal supporter and more or less told to get back to where he came from.

Pathetic, inaccurate and maybe something that may have further repercussions.

If the old fool is a season ticket holder then give him his money back and tell him not to come back. His loss then.[/quote]
Wouldn''t give him his money back. 

I guess if you do not condemn this outright and question why a black NCFC fan would say this, it says a lot about you as a person and your stance on such issues.

Oh well...