Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Questions Needing Answers

Just where do the FA get these officials from?

Why is it that the biggest and most important games are ruined by rank amateur officials?

Why do referees lack the courage to make decisions that are unfavourable to the biggest clubs, especially on their own grounds? On these occasions, a home player is never going to be sent off and an away side is never going to get a penalty.

You sometimes wonder what is going on before the game. Is the referee having *** with the entire Arsenal board?

Are brown envelopes being passed around?

Do referees come under pressure from the big clubs'' big commercial partners? Are these clubs unknockoutable? If Murphy is punched to the ground in the penalty box will the commercial pressures dictate that he is sent off for diving?

When the FA appoints officials for these sort of games, do they do a trawl of all the Arsenal supporters within a 1.5 mile radius of the ground?

Why is it that whenever a decision needs to be made in favour of the visiting team, the referee starts ******* in the opposite direction?

Is it:

1. An enfeebled mind?

2. Cowardice?

3. Commercial pressures?

4. *** with the owners before or after the game, or both?

5. Rank incompetence?

6. Rampant corruption?

Any answers?

You''ve missed the Football League AGM Vinnie, it was in June. Never mind, you can ask our board at this years upcoming AGM which I know you won''t miss. [:D]

Why does pig mince constantly post up such drivel ?is it ?1. An enfeebled mind?

err, that''s it

[quote user="Rhubarb"]Why does pig mince constantly post up such drivel ?is it ?1. An enfeebled mind?

err, that''s it[/quote]

Okay so you agreed with every refereeing decision last night?

Play the post not the poster.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Rhubarb"]Why does pig mince constantly post up such drivel ?is it ?1. An enfeebled mind?

err, that''s it[/quote]

Okay so you agreed with every refereeing decision last night?

Play the post not the poster.
[/quote]

Perhaps you could point out where I stated that

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Popcorn GIFs | Know Your Meme[/quote]blimeylooks like someone is making a pig of himself

old fellow, I do hope you were not thinking I was referring to you in any way ?goodness me, noI was that chap munching so fast on the food I was commenting upon

[quote user="Big Vince"]Just where do the FA get these officials from?

Why is it that the biggest and most important games are ruined by rank amateur officials?

Why do referees lack the courage to make decisions that are unfavourable to the biggest clubs, especially on their own grounds? On these occasions, a home player is never going to be sent off and an away side is never going to get a penalty.

You sometimes wonder what is going on before the game. Is the referee having *** with the entire Arsenal board?

Are brown envelopes being passed around?

Do referees come under pressure from the big clubs'' big commercial partners? Are these clubs unknockoutable? If Murphy is punched to the ground in the penalty box will the commercial pressures dictate that he is sent off for diving?

When the FA appoints officials for these sort of games, do they do a trawl of all the Arsenal supporters within a 1.5 mile radius of the ground?

Why is it that whenever a decision needs to be made in favour of the visiting team, the referee starts ******* in the opposite direction?

Is it:

1. An enfeebled mind?

2. Cowardice?

3. Commercial pressures?

4. *** with the owners before or after the game, or both?

5. Rank incompetence?

6. Rampant corruption?

Any answers?[/quote]

I''ll answer your post vinnie.  A mixture of 1 and 2.    Feeble minded refs can easily be intimidated by large crowds, unless they are very strong minded and will take the easy option if possible. The bigger the club, the more they are intimidated.

To be honest, I feel there is a bit of over reaction to last nights result. I guess that is natural after a decent performance that was so close to taking us in the QF of a major competition.

Overall, I didn''t see it as a brilliant game. Arsenal were pathetic at times. We played good, neat defending and attacking and I think the two CB''s are adjusting very well and we are improving each game, especially away.

We did manage to hit them on the break several times and with better finishing would have been more than one ahead.

Three times we reacted poorly at set pieces and twice it proved costly.

Some of the refereeing was poor to say the least. His lack of punishment on Wilshere was annoying as one tackle was sheer revenge. But I did mention after the Sheffield United game, that things could come back and bite us.

I am certain, if it had been the other way round with the Oliveira incident, we would have been peeved at a sending off. He didn''t at that stage have a clear scoring chance.

"A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box. As long as the foul is judged to be an honest attempt at taking the ball, the defender will only be shown a yellow card."

That is the current rule I believe.

We did OK last night but to be fair Arsenal were not at full strength. We had the opportunities to probably win the game but missed those opportunities and we got caught at set pieces.

Overall, I think we look to be getting better each game. But we must start scoring when given the chance especially as we could get caught out at home.

I think you just about summed that up right keelansgrandad.

Great effort from the boys everything heading in the right direction... Definitely think we''ll be a force to be reckoned with come second halve of the season.

Keeping free of injuries the future looks good to me!

Noticed tonight that Spurs v West Ham was reffed by Mike Dean, considered one of the ‘top’ officials.

Arsenal v Norwich got somebody who had never reffed in the Premier before and was clearly desperate to not upset the big boys.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"] He didn''t at that stage have a clear scoring chance.

"A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box. As long as the foul is judged to be an honest attempt at taking the ball, the defender will only be shown a yellow card."

That is the current rule I believe. [/quote]If that is the wording of the law then I have to agree. It was not a red card.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Why can''t people just play the post, which was a reasonable one?[/quote]Because every other thing he posts is trolltastic horseshít, perhaps? Some trolls are so obvious they don''t deserve the benefit of any doubt.