Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Vrancic

[quote user="king canary"]@LDC

I agree with that but I don''t see the need to force Vrancic into it too. The problem is those three all want to occupy the same space and can get in each others way. It has been a key issue for Everton this year, trying to force three natural ''number 10''s'' in Rooney, Klassen and Sigurdsson into one team that negatively impacts all of their performances and the general team structure too.[/quote]My thought is that Vrancic would play deeper as more of a playmaker (where some have said he is happier anyway), allowing the three in front of him to do the damage.   I suppose in an ideal world we would have just one defensive midfielder which would allow an extra player further forwards, but history and experience has shown the way forwards for us at the moment, in the form of two DM''s.  My main thought is that with Oliveira, Maddison and Pritchard, we have a quality goal threat. Murphy and Wildschut would be options, but neither yet has shown the goal scoring touch in the league that we need from them.

Murphy has shown far more of a goal scoring touch than Vrancic to be fair.

I think in an ideal world you can play Vrancic next to Trybull when we''re at home against teams that want to sit deep. I do think playing him further forward removes a needed goal threat and it isn''t a great surprise that in this recent run of form 5 of our 7 goals have come in games he hasn''t started.

Tbf it isn''t a great stat-correlation is not causation and all that. For some reason though Farke has generally saved Mario for home games and our wins have come away.

For me he is a nice little player with an excellent range of passing but a bit too slow and static to play in the attacking midfield trio we currently like. What he isn''t though is good enough to try and force the team and shape to fit around him.