Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Deluded Binners

Did anybody see their banner showing our club badge behind the Ipswich badge, with words about us living in their shadow.

I almost choked when I saw that. They really are a deluded bunch!

OTBC! We stuffed the binners (yet again)!

No, that would be demeaning ourselves and sinking to their level.Our position (and theirs) in the table will say all we need to know.At the moment we are all they have, unfortunately (for them) that doesn''t apply the other way round.For those interested the photo is on the Pinkun website, orhereIt rather suggests the impoverished farmhands ran out of money because the back end of the donkey has been cut off - rather as it was at 59 mins play yesterday

245 people jump off a bridge together

Saw that headline and feared the worst. Less than 14K next game?

[quote user="Adams Family"]Wouldn''t it be good to have a banner made up to hold up in the Barclay when they come to Carrow road in February! Any ideas ?[/quote]Let them get side tracked with thier stupid banners and airplane slogans, we''ll concentrate on performing on the pitch where it matters.

Watched the game and saw the sign then heard the commentator mention twice about ipswich being in our shadow. Pity whoever was holding up the sign probably won''t be watching the game back to hear it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]No win against us since 2009....not sure what their dextinction of a shadow is?[/quote]Perhaps it is this kind of shadowone that reflects where our lot livewonderful land(loud music)

They think they''re as big as us, yet in two AWAY games we will have taken 75% of their average home attendance. That''s beyond embarrassing.

You really couldn''t make it up, I''ve never seen such a deluded bunch of supporters, and I''m not just saying that because it is Ipswich - they really do seem to think they are a big deal in football don''t they? I saw one of their lot mention the other day that under Sheepshanks they were the "blueprint for all clubs to follow" - HAHAHAHA! Going into administration twice and screwing over local businesses, such an admirable example to follow. And where do they get this notion from that they are everyone''s second club? Who really gives a toss about them? They are so irrelevant now, country-wide, and we are clearly now the bigger club with the better following and the best recent history (oops that trigger word, history) Maybe they can go and fire up their VHS and cry into their "Destruction Derby" tape from 1998 as they love their history that much!

Let them bring their signs and banners from 1978 - as said above, we''ll do our talking on the pitch and turn them over again and again. Love it.

I have just visited TWTD for the first time since the game and rather belatedly as I usually love a bit of schadenfreude at their expense.

The clamour against McCarthy''s tenure is almost universal whilst most want Evan''s to sell .... just like that.

What is there to sell exactly though? Whilst not quite understanding the concept of "buying a debt," the local council owns the site, if not the infrastructure, the Marcus Evans group owns the training ground and the playing staff are not particularly valuable by comparison. Goodwill is dissipating by the week.

I suppose the statues might fetch a few bob and a local pawn shop might take on all those trophies (assuming he had the room on his shelves that is.) Nothing else seems worth a light.

We all have our grumbles at Smithy at regular intervals but at least our club now has assets in abundance, both on and off the pitch.

Would love to have the shadow banner to share with my local tahn fans - anybody have a pic of it I can use??

Since they got their last star the derby fixture hasn''t been to kind to our poor (meant both figuratively and literally) neighbours down the road. In the 49 games played in all competitions we''ve won 23, drawn 10 and lost 16 and out scored them 63 goals to 53. Not sure how big a shadow that''d cast, maybe I should phone talk sport tomorrow morning to ask Alan Brazil?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I have just visited TWTD for the first time since the game and rather belatedly as I usually love a bit of schadenfreude at their expense.

The clamour against McCarthy''s tenure is almost universal whilst most want Evan''s to sell .... just like that.

What is there to sell exactly though? Whilst not quite understanding the concept of "buying a debt," the local council owns the site, if not the infrastructure, the Marcus Evans group owns the training ground and the playing staff are not particularly valuable by comparison. Goodwill is dissipating by the week.

I suppose the statues might fetch a few bob and a local pawn shop might take on all those trophies (assuming he had the room on his shelves that is.) Nothing else seems worth a light.

We all have our grumbles at Smithy at regular intervals but at least our club now has assets in abundance, both on and off the pitch.[/quote]I owe you £10,000 and am paying off interest at 6%You sell that debt to someone else and I now pay themThe usual reason is you want that debt off your ''books'' so may take a lower price than the original £10,000. the buyer may consider the me a bad payer so will pay less.What the gormless farmhands never grasped is what is owed, at the same rate, does NOT change for themWhen Evans was handed the club the simple farmhands were over exciting themselves about £12m being ''hinvested; in the playing squad. If they had bothered to read the letter Shystershanks sent out they would have seen that the money was to be used for metting ongoing paymenst - which they couldn''t.Hence they still haven;t grasped why it has all gone tts up

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]Would love to have the shadow banner to share with my local tahn fans - anybody have a pic of it I can use??[/quote]I posted up a link earlier6th post on this threadclick where it says here

Their supporters AGM thread which Milne attended is worth a read
[url]https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/416614/supporters-club-agm--live-blog/#123[/url]

Read the bit about their academy, which was amusing. Their pitch to parents of prospects seems to be "you''ll get a much better chance of progression here because we''re a bit sh*t".

But tl;Dr after that, lots of complaints about catering and running out of beer. Their version of "warm sausage roll-gate". Did I miss any gems?