Sign in to follow this  
Woodman

Press conference and team for Derby

I reckon Watkins hasnt really done anything wrong and as a willing runner will give our starting eleven a bit of an energy boost. Of course, if hes trained poorly or whatever Farke wouldnt pick him.

We haven''t seen the best of Watkins yet. Imo there is a lot more to come from him. At the moment I have a sort of blind faith that Farke is going to get the best out of everyone, a bit like I used to have with Lambert, it feels good but has to be tempered with some realism.😀

I think he has improved every game he has played, he looked awful the first time I saw him, kept falling over and giving the ball away but it is dangerous to form an opinion too early........unlike many on here! I think he will be a valuable squad member, versatile and quick.

Correct Rufus.

Perfect example would be fans like Lincoln who declared the likes of Zimmerman and Husband were not good enough and wouldnt be.

Don''t get me wrong happy to have him as a squad player and am sure he will play a role I''m just saying I don''t think his performances thus far justify a starting role in the absence of an injury crisis. We have Wildshutt to play the wide role who shouldn''t be knackered as he hasn''t played that much.

Red Rufus wrote the following post at 27/10/2017 8:24 PM:

I think he has improved every game he has played, he looked awful the first time I saw him, kept falling over and giving the ball away but it is dangerous to form an opinion too early........unlike many on here! I think he will be a valuable squad member, versatile and quick.

👍

I agree with Jim. Not sure about Watkins yet. Difficult because I want him to get game time to have a proper chance to shine but don''t want to risk a result. However as someone said before, Farke is building trust in his judgement so if Watkins gets in that fair enough now we have a credible manager again.

Watkins will have a role to play and I''d imagine he''ll make the bench this week. However he''s not really done much so far aside from a red card.