Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Worst refereeing performance ever?

I do agree we are best off out of this competition now and have gone out in a manner that will not hit confidence and indeed may help it as we played very well.

Ref was shocking, even Ray Parlour said this morning that it was a penalty, and that Wiltshere was lucky. Think maybe the Ref wanted Jack''s shirt after the game ?, think he was the ref at our game v Reading when Watkins was given a straight red card (right decision) but failed to show reds to 2 Reading players before hand that were just as deserving !

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Ref was shocking, even Ray Parlour said this morning that it was a penalty, and that Wiltshere was lucky. Think maybe the Ref wanted Jack''s shirt after the game ?, think he was the ref at our game v Reading when Watkins was given a straight red card (right decision) but failed to show reds to 2 Reading players before hand that were just as deserving ![/quote]Is this correct - the same ref?  Questions of his ability definitely need asking then.  If he favours home teams, consciously or sub-consciously he needs to be pulled up about it.  For me the ref was cowardly in his decision at Reading - and last night - so if it was the same bloke, I hope the club complains, because he needs to be put right.   Farke said we accept it and move on, fair enough - but that shouldn''t stop a complaint being made by the club imo.  

Just because Farke said we accept it in a radio interview doesn''t mean the club won''t do anything in private with the authorities. Won''t change anything though.

The ref who sent Watkins off at Reading (rightly, but also should have sent at least one Reading player off too) was the ref on Sunday at Ipswich - Tim Robinson.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Ref was shocking, even Ray Parlour said this morning that it was a penalty, and that Wiltshere was lucky. Think maybe the Ref wanted Jack''s shirt after the game ?, think he was the ref at our game v Reading when Watkins was given a straight red card (right decision) but failed to show reds to 2 Reading players before hand that were just as deserving ![/quote]Is this correct - the same ref?  Questions of his ability definitely need asking then.  If he favours home teams, consciously or sub-consciously he needs to be pulled up about it.  For me the ref was cowardly in his decision at Reading - and last night - so if it was the same bloke, I hope the club complains, because he needs to be put right.   Farke said we accept it and move on, fair enough - but that shouldn''t stop a complaint being made by the club imo.  [/quote]

definitely appears a bit of a homer:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-boss-jaap-stam-11764286

What a shame that we were punished by such a crooked refereeing performance. It reminded me of our recent seasons in the prem, witnessing the clear bias of refs who were too content favouring the big teams. Don''t rock the boat, curry favour.

Never feels good to moan about the officials but I share Farke''s anger at what took place. Yes - Murphy, Vrancic or Oliveira should have made it 2-0 and - yes - that ball did go out for a corner after looking at replays. I''m sure the referee (who appeared to overrule the linesman) could tell with his augmented sight at the time.

However, there is no question that Elneny deliberately brought down Oliveira as the last man. That is a red card all day long.

There is also no question that we should have been awarded a penalty. Husband was brought down in the box with an arm across him and a knee in the back of his leg.

In both cases, the referee had clear enough sight to make the correct decision. The linesmen were also able to support him in making that decision but did not intervene or were simply ignored.

Wilshere, who made a series of nasty challenges, and the guy that swung Reed around, bizarrely escaped cards. Not to mention Maddison, who had another composed game, was offered no protection by the referee.

Questions were also raised about the new substitution rule, which obviously needs to be clarified. Even if Arsenal were in breach, they will no doubt escape punishment.

In summary, we were not just hard done by, we were cheated. Of course, all will be forgotten and no action will be taken. Arsenal might even go on to win the cup and take the plaudits. I very much hope they do not, as they deserved to crash out against an overall excellent Norwich side.

I would accept maybe one of the two key decisions to go against us as in all fairness you have to watch them several times to confirm how you feel about them and the ref doesn''t get that at the time. HOWEVER, there were so so sooooo many times in the game the ref did nothing when he should have, not just for us. I''d say a Sunday football ref would do better but I can''t after the recent refereeing I''ve seen.

Some outstanding performances from us defensively last night. Must be some walking wounded today!

Watching the 2nd half on a stream, the two main mistakes leapt out at me immediately with no need for a replay.  When Oliveira was through and brought down by the last man, I was expecting a straight red, in exactly the same way as when Marley lunged in against Reading I expected the ref to pull a straight red.  Similarly when Husband went down in the box at the end, there was clear contact and I fully expected a pen, even though it was Arsenal away, because it looked so clear.

Disappointing and a reminder of how annoying it is when you''re playing against the bigger Prem teams.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Sorry guys, I don''t agree at all! The referee will be marked well because he got all the big calls right, whether we like it or not.

It was definitely a corner. Nelson was not through on goal - he was running across the line when he was carved up and there was another defender who would have got across. Husband dived, I''m afraid, when he should have stayed on his feet and given a 3 yard pass for a tap in.

Biggest laugh of the day...

The biggest mistake he made all night was that Wilshere should have gone for two yellows.

People get carried away with the occasion, including Daniel Farke. We were so unlucky, but the reason we lost is as others stated, that when we were bossing the game early in the second half we didn''t score the second goal, and we had several gilt edged chances. Plus that Klose lost his area/man on two occasions but I''m not levelling criticism at a guy who played his heart out - the lad was fresh, fast and very skillful and took both goals very well.

Unfortunately that''s the difference between a good Champs team and a second string top 6 PL team. Not the referee.[/quote]

The performance night bordered on corrupt. Simple.

But I am not surprised as it happens so often.

We go Saturday

[quote user="Angry man"]Or both[/quote]

Or neither. I just disagree with you - it''s allowed. The Arsenal players would never have said it was a penalty. Husband dived - look at the video. And Nelson wasn''t through on goal - look at the video.

Bias is one thing; blindness another.

The Arsenal players told Farke!

"Blindness"? Mmm. Oliveira would have been in on goal, with no defender, either in front of him, nor at the side of him. The other defender was behind NO. Re Husband, those challenges have had penalties awarded for them, for a LONG time, and it''s the (consistent) norm

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Angry man"]Or both[/quote]

Or neither. I just disagree with you - it''s allowed. The Arsenal players would never have said it was a penalty. Husband dived - look at the video. And Nelson wasn''t through on goal - look at the video.

Bias is one thing; blindness another.[/quote]The Arsenal man was the "last man" no question = red card.  And you can see in the penalty incident at full speed that Husband is being impeded and then the arm comes up around his neck.  Penalty, whether he went down easily or not.

You obviously have no idea mate, at any level of football the players will say the truth as they walk off the pitch. They know the truth, unlike most referees who have never played the game!

Asian Company spends £ millions on sponsoring League CupAsian Company is only interested in Asian audience, hence draws being made in the middle the night in the UK.Asian Company wants to sell more of it''s product in Asia.Asian fans only interested in watching top 6 PL teams.Asian Company would not want a Champs Club in the latter stages as this would mean a smaller audience, less exposure, less sales.It stinks.

Clear red card and clear penalty. Our players were robbed of a deserved victory. Video evidence needs to be introduced to stop this bug club bias, Refs are scared of punishing them for fear of the repercussions if it’s the wrong decision

The sad thing about it all, is it reminded me of just what your up against in the prem, hard enough playing against teams such as the Arsenals and Man City''s of this world, but when the ref throws his hat into the mix it becomes an extremely frustrating experience. I guess all comes down to in the referring world a big decision against a big team is very different to a big decision for one.

I have just posed the question asking why Elneny wasn’t sent off on a FB Refs Forum, the answer I got will upset many people on here but is the actual correct decision in that it wasn’t a clear goalscoring chance as the other defender was coming across to cover Elneny too.

I know it’s not what people want to hear but it is correct in law, however, I do agree that if it had been at the other end, Klose on Walcott for example, I’m sure it would have been red.

We may not like it but Madley actually applied the law correctly and no doubt got a pat on the back for it from his assessor

I’m not at all convinced by that arguement. Oliviera was the front runner and had a clear run at goal. The other arsenal player was behind both, so the player that bought him down was the last man stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity

No he didn’t have a clear run at goal, watch the incident again, he was 30 yards from goal with a defender coming across to cover so can you categorically state he would have had a goalscoring chance? If he was in the penalty area it is different but he wasn’t so I can fully understand why it wasn’t a red card having been a ref myself.

It is very easy to get emotive as a fan when the decision doesn’t go your way but these guys have a split second to see it and being miked up will have been advised by his assistants also.

If you flip the decision on it’s head, Klose brings down Walcott in the same position, with Pinto coming across to cover, and the ref sends off Klose would you be happy? I doubt it.

The problem with posts like these are that a lot of fans don’t actually know the laws of the game, they think they do but in fact they don’t, and in fact a lot of the laws and sub laws are open to individual interpretation instead of actually being clear cut.

The actual law regarding red cards is as follows:

Red cards are used to send a player off the field, and can be issued for the following offenses:

Serious foul play

Violent conduct

Spitting at an opponent or any other person

Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (the goalkeeper being an exception)

Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offense punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick

Using offensive or abusive language and/or gestures

Receiving a second caution (yellow card) in the same match

So there you have it an OBVIOUS goal scoring chance is the statement, so sorry folks but Mr Madley got the colour of card correct as it wasn’t an obvious goalscoring chance due to where it was and the covering defender coming across

He was in front of both defenders with a clear path ahead to goal. The player that bought him down was Arsenal’s last man. If he had made it to the goal from that situation is irrelevant as it wasn’t allowed to play out. He may be faster in a sprint than the so called covering arsenal player who was already behind play, the arsenal player may have caught up, Oliviera may have tripped over his laces, who knows? But Oliviera was ahead of all play with only the keeper between himself and the goal when he was fouled. Red card

I’d say a one on one with the keeper is a fairly obvious goal scoring opportunity

[quote user="splutcho"]I think this is the first time in all my years watching football that I''ve ever genuinely believed the referee made the decision to cheat. I don''t know if it benefits the sponsors to keep Arsenal in the competition or what, but that went far beyond incompetence. Robbed our lads of their moments tonight. Shame on him.[/quote]

Dont you remember this happening at Arsenal before? Arsenal dead and buried, no ideas, arguing amongst themselves, Bassong and Turner immense. Then the referee stepped in. I cant remember who the official was but that was the clearest example of the referee changing a game by giving a mystifying penalty out of the blue to save them