Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Worst refereeing performance ever?

A result that cannot be changed but who reviews a performance like that? Worse than Simon Hooper and Mr Ilderton.

What a proud incredible performance from the lads. But how can you beat a team with officiating like that?

Just incredibly one-sided decisions and such key ones.

I think this is the first time in all my years watching football that I''ve ever genuinely believed the referee made the decision to cheat. I don''t know if it benefits the sponsors to keep Arsenal in the competition or what, but that went far beyond incompetence. Robbed our lads of their moments tonight. Shame on him.

A nobody referee getting his big night out at the Emirates. Providing Arsenal win there can be no controversy as that was the expected result.

Literally gave Arsenal every foul possible yet we weren’t getting anything. Wilshere escaping a yellow in the first half, Iwobi suddenly a wrestler and throwing Reed to the floor went unpunished

If the penalty incident was the other way then it would almost certainly have been given

And from where I was sitting, the ball didn''t go out for a corner, it should have been a throw in.

Madley is a Premier League referee. However the latest in a long line of incompetents Mike Jones, Andre Mariner, Jon Moss to name just a few. Only 3 that can be considered competent. But really you didn''t expect fairness in a game against Arsenal at the Emirates.

Whatever inspiring performance from the lads back to the bread and butter.

It’s not Bobby Madley, it’s Andy Madley. Having a quick look it seems he has never reffed in the Premier League, but did ref the League One play off final

[quote user="dj11"]And from where I was sitting, the ball didn''t go out for a corner, it should have been a throw in.[/quote]
The TV showed a goal-line angle - it was a corner, can''t complain about that one, but the rest of his reffing was bull.

The worst display by an official that I''ve seen since Chelsea were eliminated by Barca from the Champions League a few years back.

Mr A Madley''s record reffing us is interesting. Sunderland h this season Fulham h Brighton a last ..that''s 3 defeats & don''t get me started on his brother & the home game against Middlesbrough

[quote user="dj11"]And from where I was sitting, the ball didn''t go out for a corner, it should have been a throw in.[/quote]

I was bang in line with it. There second goal came from a corner which was clearly a throw on. Really annoying and the worst refereing performance I''ve seen in years. Having said that, we made enough chances in the first 15 minutes of the second half to have killed the game.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"][quote user="dj11"]And from where I was sitting, the ball didn''t go out for a corner, it should have been a throw in.[/quote]

I was bang in line with it. There second goal came from a corner which was clearly a throw on. Really annoying and the worst refereing performance I''ve seen in years. Having said that, we made enough chances in the first 15 minutes of the second half to have killed the game.[/quote]
Having seen it several times, including a goal line view in slow-mo, you are wrong. Annoying as it is, you cant argue with reality (unless you''re a Trump supporter or Brexiteer, in which case, you can and will)

I’m not too fussed about the corner/throw. I have seen multiple sources say it was a corner so that’s good enough for me. But it’s the itty bitty stuff that frustrates me.

He simply did not referee fairly. How many free kicks were given because we were simply stronger? It seemed as though all an Arsenal player had to do was throw his arms out during a challenge and that was enough.

I maintain the ref wants to make it to the Premier League so did not dare upset the big bits in their big stadium on his big night

Shocking refereeing. I agree with everything everybody is saying, and as kick it off said, the TV replays clearly show it was a corner, so that debate can be put to bed.

You can not argue that the referee certainly had a shocker particularly with two decisions he failed to make. But did it cost us the match? Personally I don’t think so. Our finishing, or lack of it, did. We pulverised Arsenal at times and played some of the best football I have seen us play in several years, and had we taken those chances created should and could have been 4\5 goals up with the game over well before the young lad who turned the match upside down was introduced.

At this stage I would say we are now better off out of this cup, but at least Farke and his boys gave it a go, something other managers at city failed to do in recent years. He is building something pretty special here, and the next two matches at home are now crucial to our season. Six points, and a return to the premiership looks very promising after that display. Little doubt every supporter in that stadium in green and yellow can be proud of their team and manager, and as he states, they will get their rewards.

Unfortunately, the youngster scoring two goals from the bench will have the ''meeja'' wetting their pants, and will deflect the spotlight from the cheat wearing black.

You''d like to think there is a referee''s panel that would decide that he''s ''not fit for purpose'', and that he''ll be picking up his p45 next week, but they all get away with this outrageous bias time and time again.

Sorry guys, I don''t agree at all! The referee will be marked well because he got all the big calls right, whether we like it or not.

It was definitely a corner. Nelson was not through on goal - he was running across the line when he was carved up and there was another defender who would have got across. Husband dived, I''m afraid, when he should have stayed on his feet and given a 3 yard pass for a tap in.

The biggest mistake he made all night was that Wilshere should have gone for two yellows.

People get carried away with the occasion, including Daniel Farke. We were so unlucky, but the reason we lost is as others stated, that when we were bossing the game early in the second half we didn''t score the second goal, and we had several gilt edged chances. Plus that Klose lost his area/man on two occasions but I''m not levelling criticism at a guy who played his heart out - the lad was fresh, fast and very skillful and took both goals very well.

Unfortunately that''s the difference between a good Champs team and a second string top 6 PL team. Not the referee.

The corner fair enough, but the foul on Nelson was a clear cut red - the fact that there was another defender not too far away was irrelevent. Nelson already had a clear sight of goal and his next or second touch could have been shot into the top corner. That was a clear goal scoring opportunity by any measure.Husband may have made more of it than he should but it doesn''t alter the fact that he was fouled as he went past the defender - watch the replay for the elbow in the face - a straight red if one of ours had done it. Plus of course if the ref had really believed it was a dive then he strangely forgot to produce  the appropriate yellow card.So he didn''t get the big decisions right, although to be fair they are difficult ones. What is harder to explain is why he got so many smaller but more straightforward ones wrong. Overall he was extremely poor throughout the game IMO. Not going to say he was the worst ever, in fact I would say he was depressingly fairly standard. It seems to me that unless and until the F.A. start to use the technology available to improve the decision making of referees, then the technology will simply continue to highlight just how poor referees tend to be, or perhaps how impossible it is for one individual to referee the modern game fairly.

I can guarantee you this guy will have got a glowing assessment, as he is earmarked as an up and coming future Prem ref like his brother.

Assessments are the reason I quit refereeing as them guys are just as bad as the refs having been refs themselves.

Until the FA stops using dinosaurs and start monitoring these guys properly sadly nothing will change.

Too many modern refs want to make the game about themselves rather than like the old days when you hardly noticed refs

Sorry sngfc you are wrong. Another ref to scared to make the calls against a big team. There is clear contact on Husband. It might be ''soft'' as Ian Dowie apprently said but he does pull across his neck. No one is ever going to convince me if that was at the other end that it would not be given Also if he considered Husband dived the the idiot ref stuffed up by not booking him. As for Wiltshire the petulant retaliatory dive in on Trybull when he thought(wrongly) he should have had a free kick 20 seconds earlier was a yellow bordering red all day long. Just a talking to.

As to the foul on Nelson to me it looked as though even after being fouled he got into a position to have a shot. It Maybe yellow but again if it had been the magnificent Zimmermann?

As I have argued with others,just because we are fans does not mean we are always biased & wrong. Had this argument with a ref apologist last year who insisted I was biased &ref got it all right. Then had a conversation with the assessor who without prompting highlighted all the things I thought the ref that day had got wrong& said he had had a poor game.

As to your rather condescending comment about a good Champ side losing to a second string top 6club. Arsenal were able to field fresh players a considerable number are current

or recent internationals, most of ours had done 90 minutes at Ipswich & the most creative player on the pitch had been kicked into submission.

Stark reminder of what we''re in for if we get promoted again. These useless f*cking refs panicking and just going with whatever benefits the big club.
Imagine if we''d kicked Walcott like they kicked Maddison repeatedly?
Husband penalty was blatant - not only was he pulled there was then an arm across the face.
They could have easily been down to 10 men either from Oliveira racing through or Coquelin or Wilshere getting two yellows for persistent fouling.

I think possibly it was one of the worst ever and its such a shame it had to come on a night when the team put in such a great shift.

Their players were leaving their foot in all night and not getting booked. I''d have to see it again but there was one particular tackle on Maddison i thought was a possible red as well. Wilshere could have had 3 yellows.

Throw in the blatant red card and the penalty decision and its clear we were very hard done by. We still could have won if we''d taken our chances and scored the second in the second half so its not solely down to the ref that we ended up losing but it doesn''t half make it harder when you get a c*** like that.

[quote user="sgncfc"]Sorry guys, I don''t agree at all! The referee will be marked well because he got all the big calls right, whether we like it or not.

It was definitely a corner. Nelson was not through on goal - he was running across the line when he was carved up and there was another defender who would have got across. Husband dived, I''m afraid, when he should have stayed on his feet and given a 3 yard pass for a tap in.

The biggest mistake he made all night was that Wilshere should have gone for two yellows.

People get carried away with the occasion, including Daniel Farke. We were so unlucky, but the reason we lost is as others stated, that when we were bossing the game early in the second half we didn''t score the second goal, and we had several gilt edged chances. Plus that Klose lost his area/man on two occasions but I''m not levelling criticism at a guy who played his heart out - the lad was fresh, fast and very skillful and took both goals very well.

Unfortunately that''s the difference between a good Champs team and a second string top 6 PL team. Not the referee.[/quote]

I''m sorry but I think you are talking absolute nonsense about those decisions, except the corner. Clear red and clear penalty.

Several shocking decisions against us, anyone who thinks those decisions would have been made the same way if they''d happened to Arsenal is utterly blinkered.

I can accept the corner for the final goal was given correctly but I suspect at the other end it would have been a throw. 

The worst single one was Oliveira when clean through, watching it several times he beat the defender for pace, there was another defender who was a couple of yards further back so to say he "would have covered" is crazy - he was worse placed than the defender Oliveira had already beaten.  The defender Oliveira had gone past fouled him deliberately because otherwise Oli had a clear run on goal with no one to cover.  Which is a textbook red card nowadays and unbelievable it wasn''t given.

Similarly for the penalty there was a clear push in the back, it would have been given at the other end all day long.

So did those decisions cost us the game ?  Well, Arsenal would have been down to 10 men when we were still in front with plenty of the game to go - given how poor they were looking, there''s a good chance they would have not equalised.  And if that wasn''t given, the penalty at the end would have given us a very good chance of equalising.  So I''d say there''s no doubt they did cost us the game.

I guess at the end of it, we could do without the fixture pile up that staying in this ridiculously-named cup would give us, and losing as a result of bad decisions away at Arsenal will probably strengthen the team''s self-belief and team spirit.  But it''s still annoying and as has been said, a reminder that if we get back up this season, we can look forward to being shafted regularly by the refs again.

PS as well as Wilshire not being booked on several occasions since when was it acceptable for a player to grab an opponent around the neck and hurl them to the floor like Iwobi did, with zero provocation. That should have been a red on its own but he did''t even get a yellow for it.

In the interests of balance i thought trybull was lucky not to get a second yellow about 2 mins from the end of extra time when he clattered their player by the corner flag.