Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Derby Match Thread

Wow, talk about a game to take your chances!

Very frustrating. Both teams playing extremely tentative football.

We really need to start taking our chances in games. The experience of Nugent saw him take the only chance he got all half.

That was a fuccing penalty all day long. Carson won ball but before he tackled he had both hands pulling murphy back. Sick to death of these useless cuuunts ruining the game. That''s twice in the space of 45 on pitch minutes we''ve been shafted out of clear pens.

Should never be losing this. Zimmermann horrific mistake for the goal. Thought gunn''s positioning was a bit suspect too tbf.

I''m amazed at that penalty decision.  Carson beaten by the speed of Murphy, so puts hands all over the player - yet no penalty presumably because he managed to kick the ball. It''s a lottery as to wheher you get these decisions. That''s two this week where you would think most referees would have given them.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m amazed at that penalty decision.  Carson beaten by the speed of Murphy, so puts hands all over the player - yet no penalty presumably because he managed to kick the ball. It''s a lottery as to wheher you get these decisions. That''s two this week where you would think most referees would have given them.  

[/quote]How can that NOT be a penalty? Tripped by a tackle from behind, never mind Carson''s hands. Darren edie saying he can see why the ref didn''t give it. I can''t.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 28/10/2017 11:09 PM:

lake district canary wrote:

I''m amazed at that penalty decision. Carson beaten by the speed of Murphy, so puts hands all over the player - yet no penalty presumably because he managed to kick the ball. It''s a lottery as to wheher you get these decisions. That''s two this week where you would think most referees would have given them.

How can that NOT be a penalty? Tripped by a tackle from behind, never mind Carson''s hands. Darren edie saying he can see why the ref didn''t give it. I can''t.

Carson got a foot to the ball but that isn''t an excuse for his arms all over Murphy just before it.

Massive goal there. Great header from big Timm, the cross from Stipermann was a thing of beauty.

Nelson made of glass though. Massive shame.

Couldn’t have gone much worse this week, should have played the kids vs Arsenal. Nelson Crocker and we wouldn’t have lost that one today.

Not too disheartened by that. Pi55ed off with Shambolic reffing again but we''re going to lose some games this season realistically and quite a few had played 300minutes in 6days. We didn''t take our chances again though which is a concerning theme at the moment.

Many games this week, but this was really a weak and gutless performance. Lack of decision making. Lack of effort. Defence was weak too today. We will get a new home defeat against Wolverhampton I’m afraid. Cameron Jerome not capable to create something by himself. It all showed on his and many others body language. One can see the players when the ball is played to them the get surprised and they always was on the back foot. Very dissappointing for a team who competing to get promoted.

What do you expect Jerome to do when he''s playing as the lone striker? Chase his own fecking flick ons and beat 2/3 opposition players?

Numerous times he made good runs between CBs, particularly in the first half, and wasn''t picked out.

One of the worst performances I''ve ever witnessed from Wes today.

Looks a poor decision to take Reed off instead of him; floodgates opened after that. I was very surprised at the time.

Totally agree Ian, Wes was terrible today, so many misplaced passes, nothing came off for him yet Reed who''d been solid and pretty decent gets hooked. Poor.

I wonder if there''s a new rule, when a City player goes past a defender/keeper and dragged back within the box, it''s not a penalty? But then it was frustrating game, and after missing all those chances in the first half (+ the ungiven penno) I had the feeling that it''s going to bite us in the back. Wolves might come a bit soon.

[quote user="lharman7"]westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 28/10/2017 11:09 PM:

lake district canary wrote:

I''m amazed at that penalty decision. Carson beaten by the speed of Murphy, so puts hands all over the player - yet no penalty presumably because he managed to kick the ball. It''s a lottery as to wheher you get these decisions. That''s two this week where you would think most referees would have given them.

How can that NOT be a penalty? Tripped by a tackle from behind, never mind Carson''s hands. Darren edie saying he can see why the ref didn''t give it. I can''t.

Carson got a foot to the ball but that isn''t an excuse for his arms all over Murphy just before it.[/quote]It''s surely irrelevant that Carson gets a foot to the ball; he brings Murphy down from behind with Murphy still in a position to recover the ball and score?
Overall, similar response as kick it off; disappointed not to take a point after levelling but we aren''t by any means the finished article and we''re going to drop points/lose matches.   

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Only play the fringe / youth in all cup games.

Fresh legs and minds are needed for league games.[/quote]

Hindsight''s a wonderful thing. Pre-Arsenal, everyone was praising Farke for picking a strong team and "going for it".. cant have it both ways sadly.

Also, I don''t think it''s borne out by the facts. We had numerous chances in the first half, and should have had a penalty. I don''t think we looked particularly jaded.

Those moaning about the performance today need to get a grip. Lack of effort, really? What I saw was a team who looked absolutely dead on their feet for the last 20 mins due to the effort they put in playing 3 really hard matches in a week against a team who last played a week ago.

"Hindsight''s a wonderful thing. Pre-Arsenal, everyone was praising Farke for picking a strong team and "going for it".. cant have it both ways sadly."

Read my postings under my OP "The Carabao Cup."

We lost today''s game at the Emirates.

Once we had a realistic chance of top six or better that Cup competition became irrelevant. The league is our one and only concern.

We love DF but, as with his defensive strategy he has to "learn," the unimportance of these cup games and "unlearn" the need to win every game.