Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Home Form

Now 4 without a win, but far more concerning is each game has had the same pattern...

Pass sideways every time

No movement up top

Statues waiting for the ball to feet

Getting caught by long balls

Lack of any penetration

Not working opposition keepers

Missing any chances we make, gifting easy goals

Too easy to play against

Jerome everywhere but in the middle

Possession doesn’t win games, goals do

Wes and Jerome both weak links. I''d rather see Vrancic or Yanic instead of Wes. Too lightweight for big boys like Derby. Jerome has been ineffective for a long as I can remember

Conceding the first goal is the main problem but we created enough chances again, should have had the first goal either through Stiepermann or the blatant pen.

We''re just not taking our chances. In all of these games we''ve had clear cut chances to score, but they''re not hitting the back of the net.

Wes is now a second choice inclusion. Jerome looks ineffective up front and needs to be replaced in January. Missing Pritchard and if Madden has an off game we don''t create.

The off colour performance that was bound to come. Bethnal was quite right raising concerns about this, just not at the races today. Easy to point fingers at many players ( good job you didn''t come on Vrancic or you would have been first in line with the arm chair critics) but collectively we were out of gas. Leave it there and move on as far as I''m concerned.

Wolves is now a vital home game if we are to push for auto promotion. 9 points from 7 homes aint good enough I''m afraid, and the style of play that goes with it is actually quite boring to watch

Do we really need to have two defensive midfielders baby-sitting the defence when playing at home?

Results are suggesting Norwich need a different approach to formation and tactics at Carrow Road.

When we switched to one holding midfielder we looked defensively suspect.

Personally, at 1-1 when Oliviera had to go off I would have brought Vrancic on to play alongside Trybull.

I thought we seemed to have found a new attacking rhythm for the first 10 mins. or so; knocking it around patiently to the half way line then rapidly accelerating on goal. Pinto had some storming runs first half as well.

Ultimately we ran out of steam - mentally as much as physically. You need enormous concentration to keep track of their runners & judge when to close down & when to fall back. And of course the first thing to go when you''re knackered is skill.

Still fine margins, ifs & buts though. I find the ref''s decision inexplicable (at least I hope I do).

Shame Tettey''s injured, his physicality in midfield would have been handy.

Nevermind. We go again. :-)

As soon as Reed went off and we went to one holding midfield player we started getting caught on the break as the game was much more open. Derby threatened several times before their second goal eventually went in. We learnt some harsh lessons at the start of the season which we sorted out by putting that defensive shield in front of the back four.

It might not be edge of the seat stuff but it has brought us big improvements. Today, just like against Hull, we should have gone ahead with the good chances we created. Once we take the lead we are very tough to come back from. It''s the missed chances that are costing us points at home not the holding midfield players.

Ron calls it how I saw it. It''s the mental tiredness more than physical. But this was third game in 6 days after the derby and then Tuesday''s sapping 120 mins at The Emirates. I thought Zimmermann and Stiepermann coped better than some of the players who have played here more. Maybe that''s something in their make up. I''d have taken 1-1 but the players wanted to win. They gave it their best shot and left nothing on the pitch. I was proud of them and thought they deserved a better reception at the end of the game.

Worryingly we go to the well again on Tuesday but at least we then have a break.