Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Our fans behaviour at Arsenal

I was shocked by the behaviour of our fans last night. I was sitting in the upper tier next to the Arsenal fans. When we scored several of our supporters started goading the Arsenal supporters who not surprisingly responded. The Arsenal fans had been fine until our lot started problems.

It got worse as the game went on and one of our idiots tried to climb over the fence to get at them. A surprisingly large number of our fans spent more time watching and goading the Arsenal fans than they did watching a wonderful game.

If you are reading this you are morons and I don''t want you supporting our club. Go somewhere else to relieve your anger issues.

Having seen what I saw in the presence of young children it didnt surprise me to hear that Anthony Ogogo was abused.

There will always be those who getting over excited, imagining they have something to ''prove''. An embarrassment to all given there was no real grudge about this game and I expect almost every City supporter was treated ok at the Emirates.Shame that such a magnificent performance on the pitch and incredible support off the pitch was marred by these herberts.Similarly there were a number of arrests after the game against the binners where a number of young farmhands tried to attack the police. A clear warning to not drink on an empty head.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]I was shocked by the behaviour of our fans last night. I was sitting in the upper tier next to the Arsenal fans. When we scored several of our supporters started goading the Arsenal supporters who not surprisingly responded. The Arsenal fans had been fine until our lot started problems.

It got worse as the game went on and one of our idiots tried to climb over the fence to get at them. A surprisingly large number of our fans spent more time watching and goading the Arsenal fans than they did watching a wonderful game.

If you are reading this you are morons and I don''t want you supporting our club. Go somewhere else to relieve your anger issues.

Having seen what I saw in the presence of young children it didnt surprise me to hear that Anthony Ogogo was abused.[/quote]

Have you ever been to a football match before?

I thought our fans behaviour was pretty tame to be honest. The Arsenal fans in the lower tier (mainly kids admittedly) were goading us after they scored far more than we were goading them.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]I was shocked by the behaviour of our fans last night. I was sitting in the upper tier next to the Arsenal fans. When we scored several of our supporters started goading the Arsenal supporters who not surprisingly responded. The Arsenal fans had been fine until our lot started problems.

Having seen what I saw in the presence of young children it didnt surprise me to hear that Anthony Ogogo was abused.[/quote]

Have you ever been to a football match before?

I thought our fans behaviour was pretty tame to be honest. The Arsenal fans in the lower tier (mainly kids admittedly) were goading us after they scored far more than we were goading them.[/quote]

Yes I have been to a football match before. I''ve been to around 60 away grounds and seen about 1500 Norwich matches. This was the first time I''ve seen our fans behave like tha since the 1970''s. The one who tried to climb into the Arsenal section was a complete moron. The woman next to me who had a 10 year old child with her was terrified and told me she wouldn''t be taking him away again.

I really don''t understand the mentality of someone who spends upwards of £50 to go to a match just to scream abuse at the oppositions fans and hardly bother with watching the football.

Unfortunately this seems to have become a norm & woe betide you if you actually wish to watch the match. Even more so if you want to/have to sit. Certainly last season there were vastly more songs about opposition fans than supporting our team. Happily this trend seems to have been reversed thanks to new songs

I have very little interest in our opponents fans but for some it seems more important than the game

Unfortunately at London away games its quite common you''ll get groups of blokes who''ve drank all the way down on the train and in the City and generally become an irritation!

[quote user="kingsway"]Unfortunately at London away games its quite common you''ll get groups of blokes who''ve drank all the way down on the train and in the City and generally become an irritation![/quote]Oi....that''s a bit '' London-ist ''.I''m reliably informed by my travelling companions that I''m quite good at doing that all over the country [:D]

I was in the upper tier - but on the Arsenal side, about 10 seats away (only got tickets on day of match).

From my view it looked funny rather than goading.

And I have to say when Arsenal finally did something and scored hundreds who had until that moment been docile and showing no support for their team immediately stood and started hand gesturing the Norwich fans.

I don’t mind that, what annoys me is it the context of it being an undeserved equaliser, their fans appeared to be oblivious to what a bunch of lucky bastards they were!

[quote user="kingsway"]Unfortunately at London away games its quite common you''ll get groups of blokes who''ve drank all the way down on the train and in the City and generally become an irritation![/quote]
Happened to one of the fans I was with, asked a pair of clowns 2 rows in front to sit down, they ignored him so he put his hand on the guys shoulder to get his attention. Cue about 5 minutes of shocking verbal abuse and threats, I can only imagine how intimidating it would have been to the parent of a child or someone on their own, luckily he was in our group. The guy had obviously had a skinful as he made his way up the steps to find a standing spot, fell over about 4 times on the way up. Knob.

I think people need to get a bit of a grip. Sounds like a few idiots which out of 8,800 is hardly uncommon in football?!
If anything it sounds like we were very well behaved in comparison to pretty much ANY OTHER CLUB which would bring that amount of fans away from home.
Non-issue.

Club in unity for the first time in years, yet some sad acts are just dertimened to keep creating a divide between supporters.

Oh how wonderful it would be to be like you.

Just because the club needs unity and togetherness doesn''t excuse loutish behaviour by fans.  We''ve all been at matches and seen the odd few act like pr*cks due mainly to alcohol and the inability to control themselves as a result.   They presumably think their having a great time, but really they are just letting the club down.  Togetherness is a wonderful thing for a football club - but act like a drunken yob and you''ll be treated like one.

We had 9,000 fans there for god''s sake. As Hogesar has said any other club taking that amount of fans to an away game and you would undoubtedly get some trouble and groups causing problems.

We have one stupid old man shouting something racist at Ogogo (some old blokes from Norfolk are a bit racist shock - not excusing it but out of 9,000 people you will tend to get the odd racist) and a few others making gestures at the Arsenal fans and rather than discussing another great performance by the team instead we''ve got national news headlines about our fans (as opposed to fan singular or some stupid old t**t) racially abusing someone and people are laying into our fans for their behaviour. On the whole our fans are amongst the most docile and well behaved in the country and I bet if you ask the Arsenal stewards what they thought of "our fans behaviour" then they would say that it was one of the easiest matches they''ve ever had to control.

You weren’t at the match Lakey so maybe you shouldn’t be commenting on our fans’ behaviour at it.

Every Norwich fan I came across was good natured and represented our club well. Don’t let an incredibly small minority tar the reputation of the rest of us.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]You weren’t at the match Lakey so maybe you shouldn’t be commenting on our fans’ behaviour at it.

Every Norwich fan I came across was good natured and represented our club well. Don’t let an incredibly small minority tar the reputation of the rest of us.[/quote]

I wasn''t commenting on the match. I was commenting on other people''s remarks about how you shouldn''t highlight problems that fans cause.

[quote user="king canary"]The difference in your reactions to this thread and the Ogogo thread are...interesting LDC.[/quote]

No difference. Both commenting on what other people have written and trying to get to the heart of the matter.  If people report things at the match with a sensationalising account then the truth needs to be brought out.....and loutish drunken behaviour is not exclusive to Tuesday night''s match.

No, in this thread you''ve accepted that this happened and criticised fans for being drunken yobs.

In the Ogogo thread your immediate reaction was to play it down ''only one fan not fans'' and criticise the OP for apparently sensationalizing it.

Have to say virtually every match i go to i see / hear 2 sets of fans goading each other, mostly through stupid songs, but rarely do we ever witness any fighting at a match or afterwards (Sheff Utd apart) and a few farmhands trying at Poorman road. I would suggest by the amount of half & half scarves seen around on Tuesday night that there were a lot of non regular fans present, hence the shock at what was seen / heard.

I''ve tried in both threads to get to the truth of both situations. It''s up to those who were there to state the case and for others to comment on it. If there was drunken yobbish behaviour then that is not good for the club. If there was one rather than a few abusing Agogo then that is one fan not many. It''s about getting to the truth of these reported situations, not just going along with whatever is said. I wish more people would try and get to the truth than just lapping up what is served up on social media as if it is gospel.

Fans goading fans?

Does this not happen at Carrow Road as well? I remember walking out of Wembley and it happening?

As Lessingham said I have never actually seen any fighting, apart from Swansea in our promotion season where stewards decide to let fans out directly on top of the away coaches

Anthony Ogogo was racially abused by a Norwich City fan - this is a fact.

It’s ok though, there were a few drunkards (like every other football club) and this is definitely a lot worse.

You couldn’t make it up.

@ LDCFans goading fans?Yes that happens every match, amazing how many want to tell us what we do with our sisters or how we are just a small town in 1p5wich or the like, but after the match have walked along Riverside and these visiting supporters actually seem quite Normal. Sheff Utyd was the worst i have seen in many a year.The Agogo incident i hope is just one bigot (have not witnessed that sort of racist behaviour by our fans in years), and i sincerely hope the club does identify the person and take the appropriate action, those days should be long gone.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@ LDCFans goading fans?Yes that happens every match, amazing how many want to tell us what we do with our sisters or how we are just a small town in 1p5wich or the like, but after the match have walked along Riverside and these visiting supporters actually seem quite Normal. Sheff Utyd was the worst i have seen in many a year.The Agogo incident i hope is just one bigot (have not witnessed that sort of racist behaviour by our fans in years), and i sincerely hope the club does identify the person and take the appropriate action, those days should be long gone.[/quote]

Rogue baboon was talking about fans goading fans.  I was talking about drunken yobbish behaviour which is not something I like seeing anywhere, let alone amongst our own fans. 

At no point has ldc condemned the actions of a racist NCFC fan. This incident has been reported by Anthony himself, as well as the national media. Norwich City and the authorities have been in contact with Ogogo and there is an ongoing investigation. There is nothing sensationalist about it at all, it is not hearsay or social media gossip - it’s a fact.

Meanwhile, ldc has been very quick to condemn “drunken yobbish behaviour”. There have been no reports anywhere of anything excessive or out of line with any other hand of football in this country. There is no social media disdain or indignation. The reputation of our club has not been tarnished in any way because of the actions of any drunk NCFC fans and conversely there has been no negative media coverage.

Your stance on these matters has painted you in a very poor light I’m afraid.