Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Workload on squad

Farke’s press conference he said Pinto was unable to train on SUNDAY! Surely the players should have not been training yesterday after the workload of the last week!

Is it any wonder we have had so many niggling injuries this season as it seems the players are being worked harder than ever and are not used to it?

I''m sure it wouldnt have been an over strenous session, merely him bringing the squad together, checking up on indidual knocks and strains etc. Seems the work the squad are doing together is bearing fruit in terms of unity and team spirit, i''m sure pinto was there but didnt partake in any light exercise.

It’s called active recovery.

Anyone who knows a little about fitness will know that active recovery, I.e light jogging and stretching, can shorten the recovery time compared to sedated rest. The circulation of blood flow with light excercise causes toxins to be flushed out. The key is to get the right balance so that you don’t cause further inflammation.

Having done a fair bit of endurance sport, I can vouch it works if done correctly.

LincolnCould I suggest you ''modify'' you name as it is impossible to quote as it is - why not just Lincoln which you are known as ?As to the recovery that was the advice I was given after the marathon a few years backIt is also heartening to see such commitment from the players.We are certainly not carrying any passengers this season