Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Your Team for Wolves?

Gunn

Pinto Klose Zimmermann Husband

Reed Trybull

Wildschut Maddison Steipermann

Jerome

Two wide players, get the ball into the box for Jerome to attack. Try and be more direct and put their defenders under pressure. In the last 2 games it has taken us to go behind before we go direct and look like scoring

Think the team is more or less going to pick itself i.e. "Who''s not on the treatment table at the moment?"

Time to give Hanley a start instead of Zimmerman and also Watkins in for Wes and Wildschut for Josh Murphy too

Need to try freshen some things up. I''d potentially go to 3ATB and add Hanley into the back line. Stiepermann and Pinto could work pretty well with a bit less defensive responsibility.

Maddison has played just about every minute of the last few games so i''d plump for Wes and Josh and try use the middle. Trybull and Reed pretty much picks itself at the moment as we have no available alternatives other than youth players. It''d have been a good time to have Ben Godfrey around but he''s developed well at Salop in all fairness.

While wolves are looking like the best team in the league I am not convinced that for home games we can sustain either 2 dcms or accommodate both wes and maddison as it completely stifles our creativity - currently, and for all their good performance, trybull, reed, maddison & wes are simply not creating enough chances.

The criticism of zimmermann and klose for saturdays goal is disproportionate to the solidity we have seen for the last 2 months and we should continue allowing that partnership to develop rather than bring Hanley in.

I would look to go 433/4321 aiming to stay solid at the back but bring a wider and pacier attacking 3 up top.

Gunn

Pinto Zimmerman Klose Husband

Trybull Maddison Steipermann

Murphy Wildschutt

Jerome

Definitely need some fresh faces and legs.one would imagine that Husband, Watkins & Wildchut will come into the reckoning. Real pity that Pritchard, Naismith, Tettey etc are out of action but it is what it is and we just have to get on with it.

Fresh faces, same formation for me:

Gunn

Pinto, Klose, Hanley, Stiepermann

Reed, Trybull

Wildschut, Hoolahan, Murphy

Jerome

Subs: McGovern, Zimmermann, Husband, Vrancic, Watkins, Maddison, Abrahams.

[quote user="king canary"]                    Gunn

Pinto, Zimmerman, Klose, Husband

Reed, Trybull

Yanic, Maddison, Murphy

Watkins[/quote]

Yep, that would be my team too.

king canary''s team but with Stiepermann for Wildschut  [:O]
                   Gunn 

Pinto, Zimmerman, Klose, Husband 
               Reed, Trybull 
  Stiepermann, Maddison, Murphy 
                  Watkins

I realise most will think this crazy, but we need something different playing at home without Pritchard.

Wildschut needs to play. There''s nobody better at beating defenders at the moment and we need that.

Can’t believe people think Watkins should be up front tomorrow!

The one time I saw him up front in the Cup v MK Dons he was poor, we are playing a team 2nd in the League so we need a recognised striker up top, the problem isn’t Jerome it’s the bloody system we currently play of no support for Jerome or too many passes to get the ball forward!

I saw him play upfront against Brentford and he played very well...

I want to see him given a go as Jerome just doesn''t look capable of offering a threat right now.

[quote user="Sooty57"]Think the team is more or less going to pick itself i.e. "Who''s not on the treatment table at the moment?"[/quote]Much will also depend on how Farke sees Wolves. Where they threateen and where there are ''weak''.What is obvious is that teams are now looking to crowd the box when we attack so we have an almost a circled wagon train whilst we hit the ball across field outside of the box with attempts to get the ball down to the touchline to hit it behind that defensive group.Wolves will certainly feel they can win this which should mean a more open game.That will require ''runners'' Murphy Wildschutt... but we will have to wait and see

[quote user="lincsy88"]Sorry Baldyboy, when did we play MK Dons with Watkins?[/quote]

My bad, it was indeed against Charlton

Watkins was absolutely Farkin carp on Saturday worst player on the pitch by a country mile . Possibly through lack of playing time , but against Wolves is not the time to take that chance .

Marvellous how the armchair fans always pick someone who is not playing as if they will be the saviour ,, get along to some games and try to get a feel of things ? Just a thought .

I think that something different is needed. We have improved results by playing six players at the back. This has worked wonders away from home.

At home this set up will at best lead to 1-0 wins but more often to draws or defeats. Pushing one of the defensive midfielders higher up the pitch has not really worked.

If we fail to score first we seem to have little clue how to get back into the game.

On Saturday Farke threw the dice and went all out attack when he brought on the subs. I''d been screaming for this at half time. Unfortunately, Nelson got injured our defence crumbled and we always looked like losing the game. Although at 1-1 I still had hope.

What can we do to get wins at home? Please someone solve this problem.

Oh and can more fans shout their support for the team. I''m losing my voice in the ''river end.'' Someone help It''s simple just repeat the word yellows as loud as you can when we have a corner.

Wish I could afford to go to away games, home games have mostly been disappointing.

Enough ranting from me, tomorrow is a new day and I''m looking forward to beating wolves a team I''ve always hated.

OTBC

Pinto possibly injured too, I''m told. Our hope that''s not true.

Gunn; Pinto (c), Hanley, Klose, Husband; Tettey, Reed; Vrancic, Maddison, Murphy; Watkins. McGovern (GK), Martin, Zimmermann, Jerome, Hoolahan, Stiepermann, Cantwell.Paying the price of playing our best players in the Joke Cup when there was no need to.Chickens coming home to roost