Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

iFollow

Just reading about iFollow on the offy site and was wondering if the streams abroad are better quality than the dodgy ones some people watch here at home (only know about this after reading about streams freezing, buffering etc by people on here).Then I thought, if games are streamed around the world then it stands to reason some unscrupulous sorts will look to stream them back to the UK. My curiosity compelled me to google some dodgy sites to see but I didn''t find anything.However, reading recent match threads it appeared to me several people were watching the games in some way and they didn''t live abroad so I can only assume they had access to iFollow even though they are home based.So, how are people watching our games in this country.(not interested myself you understand, just asking for a friend). [:$]

ifollow works fine overseas. VPN connections reduces connection speed and something else to go wrong.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Just reading about iFollow on the offy site and was wondering if the streams abroad are better quality than the dodgy ones some people watch here at home (only know about this after reading about streams freezing, buffering etc by people on here).Then I thought, if games are streamed around the world then it stands to reason some unscrupulous sorts will look to stream them back to the UK. My curiosity compelled me to google some dodgy sites to see but I didn''t find anything.However, reading recent match threads it appeared to me several people were watching the games in some way and they didn''t live abroad so I can only assume they had access to iFollow even though they are home based.So, how are people watching our games in this country.(not interested myself you understand, just asking for a friend). [:$]

[/quote]Dear worried of NorwichIt''s quite natural for someone of your age to have such concerns, especially at such a difficult time of the weekMy advice would be to try sleeping with your hands above the sheets, or if not boxing gloves can helpI have sent you some information by PM, which might help in this matterMarjorie

The quality of iFollow from the UK is pretty good. Sounds like HP has pointed you in the right direction on how it''s possible. I found solution on another teams forum so surprised you didn''t come across it whilst googling.

HD picture but there are some issues with radio commentary syncing to live feed (last week had some weird alternative commentary when clicking on the ''home audio'' option. It was Norwich bias but not radio norfolk. and I''ve found picture is awful over WiFi, I have to plug my laptop into router to get HD. It''s a tiny bit laggy then but id give it a 9/10.

Hi Lapps,

You need a VPN and tell it you''re in Germany or the US or somewhere. Register with ifollow for free, then you can access the match centre at ifollow and buy the game as a one off. Costs £5.

Am at match so won''t need it today, but works well.

LDC

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hi Lapps,

You need a VPN and tell it you''re in Germany or the US or somewhere. Register with ifollow for free, then you can access the match centre at ifollow and buy the game as a one off. Costs £5.

Am at match so won''t need it today, but works well.

LDC[/quote]

I tried that but it would not accept my card as it was an English address. How''d you get around it ?

[quote user="ron obvious"]LDC, what do you do about payment? Does it matter if it comes from a UK bank account?

just idle curiosity of course :-)[/quote]Dear Ronald of NowherePlease tell your friend that there s nothing relating to your problem that you should be embarrassed about.Lots of grown men having these feelings and urges once Saturday comes alongPerhaps if he was to follow the advice given below there would be more clean sheets and less frustrationhttps://www.randomlists.com/random-addressesMany other sites now offer this discreet and totally anonymus service, allowng for a non UK address to be acquired(as to your other concern I would suggest your friend get''s the donkey''s consent firt)

Marjorie

Great quality. A shame about the commentary being some half bored monotone chatting to himself, but I''m happy to see every game now and give the club a bit of dosh at the same time. I always favoured paying for a service over illegal streaming, and now it''s an option it''s worth the $140 a season. Happy days!

I tried that but it would not accept my card as it was an English address. How''d you get around it ?

It shouldn''t matter where your card is registered (it didn''t for me) just ensure your VPN is switched on before you make the payment.

PM me if you need more info. I''ve watched a few away games on it so far.

SR

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Great quality. A shame about the commentary being some half bored monotone chatting to himself, but I''m happy to see every game now and give the club a bit of dosh at the same time. I always favoured paying for a service over illegal streaming, and now it''s an option it''s worth the $140 a season. Happy days![/quote]

Spot on money going to the club is much preferred to illegal streaming! Enjoy

If there is no comms with the picture, open up another tab and select listen live. Leave the tab open and then open up watch live, that way you get Snorfolks comms. You can pause both picture and comms so you should be able to align the two with a bit of fiddling.

Still not been able to get it, wonder if others in UK with a vpn have? I''m outside UK and have tried both with and without VPN (changing geolocation) without success. It has always worked before. Have deleted cookies/multiple browsers etc

I use iFollow from overseas and it''s been pretty flawless so far. When the club sync Chris Goreham over the top of the video, it''s actually pretty awesome.

[quote user="Salford"]I use iFollow from overseas and it''s been pretty flawless so far. When the club sync Chris Goreham over the top of the video, it''s actually pretty awesome.[/quote]My experience too, using it in the US. On Saturday the video and Chris Graham commentary became slightly out of sync, but that''s the only glitch. It''s a great boon to us plastics. Still, our views on games remain worthless because of course we aren''t actually there .........................

Anyone else using Ifollow notice a weird string of numbers popping up on the screen just after Derby''s second goal? They were quite faint but definitely there and moved around the screen every few seconds. No idea what was up with that!

After KIO''s kind PM, I am using it and delighted with it. I use my UK debit card for game payment of $7US and I find that I can use a free VPN and switch it off after the game has progressed and I still get coverage.

Surely this has to be the future. I imagine every exile would be prepared to pay to watch and the club would receive an income they would not have had.

The match day pass rather than a season one has been a bonus.

Andy. Happens every game. No idea what it is. I assume it''s just the ID of the feed - similar to what happens if you watch a screener version of a movie on one of the pirate sites.

For free VPN users, you can turn your VPN off as soon as you''ve made the payment. That way you get less lag while watching the game.

For audio issues, go to the settings icon at the bottom, yo can select home/away/ and another option that I forgetlike auto. I find that the commetary starts to lag after a while, but if I quickly select ''away'' and then back to ''home'' it sorts itself out.

SR

I was in Majorca at the weekend so decided to give it a whirl.

To start with it wouldn''t work, it just wouldn''t let me buy a game pass but I have a UK subscription for the commentary. I created a new account and was then able to buy a pass using my UK debit card. So if you''ve already paid for a UK sub, try a new account! I may try again tonight using my work laptop as our company VPN connection thinks we''re in Germany.

I always prefer going to a game and get to as many as I can, but I''d happily ''officially'' pay this in the UK. It''s got to be the future, rather than fight the pirates just offer the supporters what they want!