Sign in to follow this  
ncfc fan

Minutes silence today

I was at the Watford match yesterday, they had about a minute of bagpipe music and then a minute''s silence. I didn''t see anyone eating but there were still people drinking in the bar area. Disgraceful behaviour.

I guess the 26k at Carrow Rd yesterday can now either have a long lay in or do something more exciting on Remembrance Sunday now they have done their duty. Hurrah.

Me, I’m just glad I read this thread before I went to the game otherwise I imagine it would have gone something like this.

Few beers, tumble in to seat all jovial and excited trying to make out what is being said over the tannoy. Oh, minutes silence!

“Why”

“Remembrance Day”

“Eff Off, it’s not even November yet”

Whistle! Silence whilst thinking what is this for, can’t be for Remembrance. Whilst impeccably remaining silent not once actually remembering, only thinking wtf. Whistle! Clap, clap.

“What was that for”

“Remembrance”

“Yeah right - don’t talk ess.aitch.one.tee”

Watch game

Eat chips

Read pinkun

“Oh it was for remembrance”

Was it actually for remembrance? I was there and quiet but I don’t really know what for. That minutes silence might have well been in contemplation of what we could have done with the money we wasted on Naismith for all I know.

There is a risk of fools devaluing meaningful traditions.

TG wrote:

There is a risk of fools devaluing meaningful traditions.

And don’t you win first prize!!

The fact is dear chap that the military were there inside and outside the ground selling their poppies, the money from which helps those maimed in conflict!

Think on buddy before ridiculing their efforts.

And as I previously said, even more so as you state you served, shame on you even more, and if you think your last post is funny, think on.

Too much thinking City 2nd, you can do too much of that and lose sight of reality.

I’m wondering if you took your high horse into battle? If so you must have been a frustrated officer dear chap, although something tells me that a 6 month stint at RAF Coltishall might have been too much of a stretch.

Now if it comes to thinking on, you might want to consider the ball ox that you have just spouted. At no point have I ridiculed the efforts of those that were selling poppies, and I never would. Shame on you for implying such like. That is an absolutely disgraceful thing to do.

Also there was no real attempt of humour on my part, merely a low form of wit, which I think is acceptable given certain circumstances.

It is unlikely that I would win first prize in a fool devaluing meaningful traditions because as I may a big big fool I do uphold meaningful traditions, hence my opinion. So if you are in charge of dishing out shame I would suggest you are not fit to referee. I know only too well of all the things I need to feel shame for, and thinking that there shouldn’t be a minutes silence for 11th November in October isn’t one of them.

I guess I should be pleased really cos now I have a free day so I can bring forward Christmas. That was a tiny attempt at unfunny humour, some may say a little bit of sarcasm.

Oh and be careful getting down from that soap box, you don’t want to be jolting that mind and forget that a lot of people fought for freedom of speech.

The most fitting Remembrance Day song from my dearest lost friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szjv8TF8TGM

(No clcky from Chromebook.)