Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

"It is as it is!"

Where do you people go when City are doing well? Do you have a special safe place?

I agree it is as it is - and that is that we are a work in progress competing with 23 other works in progress, all in it together.  On any one day any team can be beaten by any other in this league with no exceptions.  What "is", is that we are up there within reach of the play offs so no reason to be pessimistic.  Also what is, is that we have players coming back from injury who can make the difference and a coaching staff who have already shown their ability to change things around for the better. So we can adapt, learn and we can improve. Yes. It is what it is. [Y]

LDC - not sure how many home games you have seen, but I certainly haven’t seen an ‘ability to change’ at home. Every game is a repeat of the last, people say we age not scoring enough goals but now we are not even making the chances. We get one or two (if we are lucky) clear cut chances a game - if that doesn’t go in we end up defending for our lives as we know conceding just one is probably enough to stop us winning

Yes we try and change the personnel, but the slow build up play, the lop sided formation with one winger doesn’t change.

The fact is we will almost certainly lose another load of players in the summer as well if we fail to get promoted - Maddison, Pritchard, Oliveria etc

I''m positive and feel that if we can remain solid and in contention until the January window then we will be in with a shout by the ending of the season once weaknesses have been addressed.

Unfortunately a "shout" would now more realistically seem to be a play-off place, but then anything could happen.

I firmly believe that the next window will see a few notable changes in the playing personnel. Webber and Farke do not seem to be the sort who the hang around waiting for things to improve. They are decisive and not afraid of upheaval when perceived necessary.

We will see a couple or so stalwarts out, but it''s anybody''s guess as to who.

The strike force will be improved big time and in time for us to push on.

The Arsenal game has cost us dearly. I expect us to come out of the next international break refreshed, repaired and revitalised as before. Key players will be fit for the challenge.

We are not run by fools. Changes for the better are inevitable.

Re the next window, I’m not sure we will see much change. To change you need money which we now clearly do not have. So unless we sell to raise funds, we won’t have that money. Looking at the squad, the only players of value are Oliveria and Maddison (not inc. Pritchard). Selling either will make us much weaker, replacing Oliveira would be somewhere close to 15milion as well

Who really knows how much money we can make available?

''Make available'' being the operative phrasing.

You also seem to discount a lot of our squad value-wise. Are Klose, Pinto, Murphy, Trybul, Windshutt and others worthless then?

Not that I would wish too sell them, but your estimation is way off the mark.

With the system we play we could have Shearer or Linrker at their prime and we would still be goalless.

I forgot Klose, I would add him to the list of ‘higher’ value.

And my point was we are not going to make wholesale changes to the squad in a January window. We would be selling 4 or 5 players for the same value as 1 Oliveria or Maddison which would be ridiculous in a January window

As for what we can ‘make available’, the accounts this morning don’t make great reading & suggest there isn’t a lot to ‘make availabe’. Did we spend the money we did have on Hanley in the summer?