Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Big Timm Klose

One positive from tonight was Klose''s performance, I thought he was immense at the back. Countless tackles, blocks, interceptions and headers won. Hanley looked really off the pace in the first half, but improved slightly in the second. Would expect to see Zimbo and Timbo back in formation on Saturday.

Yup, I thought he had a good game. Showed a bit of fight and determination. As did Pinto.

Hanley did alright and he''ll get better with games.

[quote user="GJP"]Yup, I thought he had a good game. Showed a bit of fight and determination. As did Pinto.

Hanley did alright and he''ll get better with games.[/quote]We just need to stop ''ball watching''.The zonal marking shyte seems to have been abandoned but we are still not marking tight enough.How many did we have in and around the box when their player flicked it on to score ?And thank god Gunn is as good as he is.

Goals conceded at set pieces are almost always down to individual mistakes irrespective of whether the marking system is man to man or zonal. Either system succeeds or fails depending on how well it is executed. Boly finding himself free in our box last night resulted from an on-pitch lapse on someone''s part, not the system. 

With the goals, from corners, conceded against Arsenal and Wolves, and the zonal marking, could Gunn be a whole lot better/dominant, in the six yard box?

THat was how we played the last 10-15 mins last night. As an offensive set up it looks good, but we have to have more width and penetration from the forward midfield players and striker(s) if it is to be successful. Wolves had the same set up and look how well it worked for them. I accept they had better players in the midfield for them.