Sign in to follow this  
Budapest Canary

Wolves thread

There were some very poor performers last night as identified by others, but Wolves looked quality; quick incisive passing (forwards) and cynical when they needed to be. Everything we''re not, but that''s what £millions buys you. We did very well to keep it to two tbh. Vital we bounce back at Bolton, but no pant wetting required just yet.

PS hope Jerome enjoyed his rest ;)

Trying to look at this objectively, there is clearly an issue with the way we play at home versus the way we play away, marked by the obvious difference in the points accrued home and away. I understand the "onus" is on the home team to attack, maybe its time to play as if all our games are away games and the home fans need to understand that....if it starts to yield more points.

We are a work in progress, that much is clear, in my opinion we are not that far away from being every bit as good as Wolves were last night, an injection of pace and a decent striker should do it.

Turning to the refereeing, I though the ref last night was weak and inconsistent, I am not trying to say that it cost us points or excuse our performance, however it is beyond me how one player (for example their No:7) could commit so many fouls (I assume they were fouls as the ref gave a free kick each time) without getting a booking, I lost count before the yellow card was shown. My concern with this kind of refereeing is a player is going to get seriously injured because the ref has not reigned an offender in with a yellow card after say three or four fouls..........

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]The last three games we’ve been as poor from set pieces and defending as last season, but the goals have dried up so there’s no chance of getting anything from a game once we go behind by more than a goal.[/quote]Hardly, I think what you really mean is "the one goal per game has dried up"[/quote]

Making plans, re-read my post; I referenced defending from last season, so it’s pretty evident in referring to the goals from last season too.