Sign in to follow this  
Budapest Canary

Wolves thread

City XI: Gunn; Pinto (c), Hanley, Klose, Husband; Reed, Trybull; Vrancic, Maddison, Murphy, Watkins

Subs: McGovern (GK), Martin, Zimmermann, Jerome, Hoolahan, Stiepermann, Cantwell

I guess everyone''s at the game, but there.

It feels strange to see big John playing for the opposition.

Most of the fixtures are big match ups tonight at the top and bottom of the table. Interesting to see who comes out on top.

The good period is over. With sloppy players like Husband, Murphy and especially Vrancic we can’t be successful. The way the give away the ball is like children. This will be 0-4

Three crosses and we couldn''t handle any of them.

Of course they got their crosses in. We cannot get it past the first man.

the goal is a catastrophe. Very unprofessional goal to concede. At the moment the look like they are back to the lack of quality against Millwall.. can’t see this team score goals

Husband playing utterly shyte again. Vrancic also poor. Watkins doing an OK job up top on his own. No worse than Jerome so far. Maddison getting bullied tonight.

[quote user="kick it off"]Husband playing utterly shyte again. Vrancic also poor. Watkins doing an OK job up top on his own. No worse than Jerome so far. Maddison getting bullied tonight.[/quote]

When isnt Vrancic poor apart from the odd great pass? Doesnt tackle, slows attacks down, wanders about.. crap signing end of.

I shall scream if another cross hits legs or doesn''t get there.

What is the point of careful build up only to waste it with one of the basics of the game.

Take away Gunn, Klose and Maddison and there is nothing to applaud

Sounds like the experiment/exhibition team has met someone serious in Wolves tonight. Great we have improved the defense in recent games, but we''ve lost our cutting edge.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]but we''ve lost our cutting edge.[/quote]Not sure that we''ve actually had a cutting edge all season, hence 14 goals in 15 games

What Vrancic is doing on Championship club pitch I don’t know. So far in this game and most of the other games he is really poor. Gives away the ball all the time. Frustrating that he is given a go in the team. Substitute him before we are out of the game.

We’ve sacrificed positive attacking football for possession... and and slowing attacks down which means no goal opportunities. Vrancic is utterly cr@p. He needs to change the setup, and we desperately need a striker in January. Bar Jacob Murphy, how was this team basically around the top scorers in the division last year?!

Too many changes, too little threat. Like a morgue here at CR. Poorest half in a long time Wolves could be out of sight.

Strange selections followed by poor play against a team who know we don''t cross the ball so they just allow Pinto and Husband room and that ends the attacks.

And Josh is making Ryan Bennett look good!

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="KiwiScot"]but we''ve lost our cutting edge.[/quote]Not sure that we''ve actually had a cutting edge all season, hence 14 goals in 15 games[/quote]I meant from when Alex Neil was in charge

[quote user="he"]What Vrancic is doing on Championship club pitch I don’t know. So far in this game and most of the other games he is really poor. Gives away the ball all the time. Frustrating that he is given a go in the team. Substitute him before we are out of the game.[/quote]Is he worse than Brellier?

I really like Farke, i think he is a good coach who will learn quickly but he has been handed a squad which does not have sufficient cover in key areas and I feel he has not managed the workload of certain key players very well. I don''t know how much more intense the training regime is but we seem to be picking up a lot of what could be "fatigue" related type strains, our two main strikers have both been burnt out and tonight''s game (and likely defeat) shows why the derby home game was so important and why it should have been prioritised over that Arsenal cup game. He needs to learn from this and manage the workload better. For now we just need to try and get something from this and Bolton and limp through to the international break.

Not a single effort on target at home is a rather damning stat. However we are a mid-table side so losing to Wolves, if that is the final outcome, is nothing to beat ourselves up over.

We have nothing up front when Oliveira doesn''t play so let''s hope our new scouting and recruitment teams come up with some cheap never heard of them free scoring German strikers this January.

Was he handed the squad Jim?

Surely he has a say in the signings?

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Not a single effort on target at home is a rather damning stat. However we are a mid-table side so losing to Wolves, if that is the final outcome, is nothing to beat ourselves up over.

We have nothing up front when Oliveira doesn''t play so let''s hope our new scouting and recruitment teams come up with some cheap never heard of them free scoring German strikers this January.[/quote]We''ll be knackered next season when Oliveira leaves!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]And Josh is making Ryan Bennett look good![/quote]Says it all. If Ryan Bennett is capable of keeping our "attack" quiet then we really do have big problems