Sign in to follow this  
Van wink

Benno

Nice to see him again, bit dissapointed with the booing when his name was announced, mainly by the numbskulls from what I could see.

He''s not played much for Wolves and certainly wasn''t challenged in his defensive work last night, but he will be a Prem player next season and rightly so, assuming they keep him.

Have to say the stick he got on here last season was appalling!

Assuming they go up, he''ll be a squad player at best and more likely they''ll let him go.  I think being honest, he''s a reasonable Championship CB but that''s it.

A decent player for us who never really fulfilled early hopes.  By the end I think he''d got too comfortable and his salary had probably edged up when we were promoted to the Prem so had reached a higher level than his performances really justified.

Cant remeber hearing any boo''s VW, Ruddy got a bigger chear than Benno did, but certainly around us he got a decent round of applause !As tilly said, dont think him or Ruddy have had many an easier night than that at the Carra.

Totally agree Tilly, commented at the time about how Ruddy’s white kit didn’t even need to be washed as there wasn’t a mark on it!