Sign in to follow this  
Ray

with a fully fit squad, what's your formation and team?

For me, 3 4 2 1

Gunn

Martin, Zimmerman/Hanley, Klose,

Pinto, Tettey, Trybull, Stiepermann/Lewis

Pritchard, Maddison,

Oliveira,

Subs,

GK, Hanley/Zimmermann, Lewis/Stiepermann, Murphy, Wildshutt, Reed, Jerome (sorry Wes)

Yep, a decision not lightly made, but rather than just take the mick Westcoast why not suggest your own formation and team?

Surely I''m not the only one on here wistfully thinking that far ahead or may be I''m deluding myself in even considering a time with no injuries?

GunnPinto, Zimmerman, Hanley, Klose, StiepermanTrybullPritchard, MaddisonOliveriaMatthews, Martin, Raggett, Wes, Jerome, YanickI like the idea of 3 c/b with fullbacks that can make a back 5 and push forward more to support the midfield, thought Wolves did it brilliantly last nite, 

Not micky taking Ray, just a gentle bit of ribbing :-) and I meant it about Murphy. He has a lot to learn and Naismith has a lot of relevant experience to pass on to his benefit. I hope it is happening off the pitch even if not on it.

Seems like you''re full of confidence Lessingham, only putting ten out there?

Ribbing/micky taking, you call it tomato I call it......

Agree re Murphy, needs help, although imo this should include psychologically too, the body follows the brain.

I do think we''ve got the players for 3 at the back so I''d ape the formation Chelsea play with their 3-4-3

Gunn

Hanley, Zimmerman, Klose

Pinto, Trybull, Tettey, Steipermann

Maddison, Pritchard

Nelson

If we wanted to be a bit more attacking you can put Wildschut in one of the wingback roles.

If we stick with this formation though I''d say...

Gunn

Pinto, Hanley, Klose, Steipermann

Trybull, Tettey

Wildschut, Maddison, Pritchard

Nelson

Gunn, pinto, Zimmerman, Klose, Stiepermann, Tettey, Trybull, Pritchard, Maddison, Murphy, Oliveira.

Bench of McGovern, Hanley, Lewis, Reed, Wes, Yanic, Jerome

Oh look Ray has started a thread just so he can mention how ''his mate Russ'' should be in the starting eleven despite all the evidence proving otherwise.......

I feel for you, I really do. Which is my choice and nothing to do with whether you care or not.

Usually get all sorts of permutations on this sort of thread but there is actually quite a consensus for once (Ray''s inclusion of Martin being a notable exception).

Personally I would go exactly as King Canary has it.

As Hairy says, from those that have posted a formation/ team quite a consensus, with the exception of my inclusion of RM and Lessingham''s decision to field only ten players, love that optimism Lessingham.

My main concern is that come January, if we are not there or there abouts there may be two or three who will no longer be wearing the yellow and green shirt!

Kingo''s first team is what I think too. I''d probably play Hanley in the centre of the three at the back though.
Although I wouldn''t imagine that eleven would all be fit at the same time very often...

If Kingo''s selection was the one, then I agree Nutty, however I think injuries may well be second to ''still here''.

I can imagine there may well be enquiries for;

Klose

Oliveira/Pritchard (if fit)

Maddison

Pinto

And may be a a few others?

The question is how to keep attacking width with defensive solidity while accommodating two from the 5/6 no 10s... 3241 may work best with the players we have if we ever find that elusive all fit Valhalla

Gunn

Franke Zimmermann Klose

Trybull Thomson

Wildschut. Pritchard Maddison Steipermann

Oliveira

Pinto, Lewis, Murphy, Jarvis all as wing back options for wildschut and Steipermann, depending on the game Wes Naismith for maddison and Pritchard. Taken your pick from Martin Hanley or franke as 3rd cb I chose the latter as the one with longer term potential.

4141 could also work, perhaps once Lewis returns to full fitness.

Must admit I forgot about Thomson, sloppy on my behalf but makes it a more interesting conundrum.

All we can do is hope that Louis can recover and gain the strength to allow him a decent run of games - unfulfilled talent at the moment.

3-5-2 for me

Gunn

Hanley

Klose

Zimmermann

Pinto

Lewis

Thompson

Tettey

Pritchard

Maddison

Murphy