Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Team for Bolton

That''s mine, but I would prefer Olly, if fit.

That damn Carabao Cup has derailed our season and rather self-inflicted as well.

If we can get back on track with three points in this game we will surely go into the break on a high.

Wounds will then heal, rest will be valuable.

If we can come out of the block as we did after the last internationals then we could be in good shape for the return of the long-term injured and a new striker during the next window.

Perhaps DF will have had time to address the home attacking form the way he did the defensive frailties last time around.

Personal reasons apparently.

I''d go with

Gunn

Hanley, Klose, Zimmerman

Pinto, Trybull, Vrancic, Wildschut

Maddison, Murphy

Jerome

Mix it up a bit.

3-5-1-1 would be a nice change

Gunn

Hanley

Klose

Zimmermann

Pinto

Stiepermann

Maddison

Reed

Trybull

Hoolahan

Jerome

Subs

McGovern

Martin

Husband

Wildschut

Murphy

Watkins

Olivera/ Cantwell

That looks a decent starting line up.

But I do wish the reference to the Cup match could be ignored. It is not pertinent to blame the coach for taking a strong team to Arsenal and blame the last two defeats on that.

We had/have a number of injuries and squad rotation is not the best option at the moment. I am not his biggest admirer but Tettey''s absence seems to be a big contributor to me.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]That damn Carabao Cup has derailed our season and rather self-inflicted as well. .[/quote]100% this. An absolute crazy decision to play most of our best players in 4 rounds of this totally useless competition that we were never going to win in a million years.Get the Farkeing priorities right

@ BroadstairsR wrote:

That damn Carabao Cup has derailed our season and rather self-inflicted as well. .

Have to say, it was refreshing to have a manager take a cup run seriously, whatever cup it is. I still wouldn''t swap the win at 1p5wich for something out of the last 2! get a win Saturday (won''t be as easy we would like) and the run starts again.

Sorry i don''t agree with you on that one, we should be playing our best available team in every game. Ok we were the underdogs, but we have nearly 9,000 fans there ( me being one of them ) so why not play your best team, and give the fans some entertainment, which I think they did !!

From the press conference, Oliveira has gone to Portugal to sort out his injury (don''t understand why he has to go there when the medical team at Colney have everything at their fingertips). But, if it gets him fit for after the international break, that''s fine.

Yanic''s available and DF talked about dealing with Bolton being direct, so I''d go with a stronger team (no Vrancic, Murphy or Husband to handle that):

Gunn

Zimmermann Hanley Klose

Pinto Trybull Reed Stiepermann

Wildschut Maddison

Jerome