Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Strictly Come Dancing's Ed Balls and his world of spin

If truth be told AN had plenty of decent transfers in among the poor ones - he got Pritchard, Maddison, Ivo, Nelson just to name a few and there''s not one manager in the world who has a perfect hit-rate. I don''t suppose his record was any better or worse than many. There''s plenty who home in on Jarvis but I''ve said before that few moaned when he signed.

One unfortunate aspect for him was the length of contract that several high earners were on - Bassong, Turner et al were a drain on resources in the end and we couldn''t ship them on - this was a legacy he inherited rather than created, but something we don''t thankfully have to the same extent any more.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]The story implied that his notice period was increased from 1 to 2 years.

Balls dances around that. In any event his compensation will have been linked to his salary so adjusting his wages does impact on compensation.

Why the hell would you give any improved contract terms to a man who has just failed and overseen relegation with barely a whimper? Its incompetence.

Its not modest remuneration for someone who is not a CEO (and indeed wasn''t ever referred to as the CEO until they retrospectively decided he was in order to justify the payment). Indeed its about what he would have earn''t in 1 year as an MP.[/quote]

So all of my previous posts on Balls and his incompetence proved as true. No surprises then but of course the blinkered lefties will back him to the bitter end.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Politics has sod all to do with it - you are the blinkered one, and you come across as a complete tool.[/quote]

So Balls did a good job in granting Alex Neil an updated contracted after relegation, thus rewarding failure ?

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I was under the impression that Alex Neil got an improved contract after winning promotion, to head off him being poached, in the way that Lambert was, have I got that wrong?......[/quote]

He did apparently but with a relegation clause that would subsequently reduce his salary. Balls deemed this as unfair so scrapped that clause.

I''m not so sure it was EB who granted the contract, it may have been McNasty before he was got rid of, which I have a feeling had EB fingerprints all over it. I may or may not agree with EB politics but I can assure you he is an insightful, intelligent, deep thinking and canny individual. Imo anyway.

[quote user="Ray"]I''m not so sure it was EB who granted the contract, it may have been McNasty before he was got rid of, which I have a feeling had EB fingerprints all over it. I may or may not agree with EB politics but I can assure you he is an insightful, intelligent, deep thinking and canny individual. Imo anyway.[/quote]

Balls has admitted it was him that updated Neil''s contract. This insightful man was also one of the team that lead us to the infamous 160 Billion annual deficit. Trusting him with financial affairs of our club was always thus going to be perilous and I warned of that on his appointment.

He may have admitted it but I suspect the negotiations were well advanced before he took over/rubber stamped them.

Further more he is not in charge of the financial affairs of the club, on a day to day basis Steve Stone is and ultimately the board and as far as I am aware the Chairman only votes in a hung decision?

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Ray"]I''m not so sure it was EB who granted the contract, it may have been McNasty before he was got rid of, which I have a feeling had EB fingerprints all over it. I may or may not agree with EB politics but I can assure you he is an insightful, intelligent, deep thinking and canny individual. Imo anyway.[/quote]

Balls has admitted it was him that updated Neil''s contract. This insightful man was also one of the team that lead us to the infamous 160 Billion annual deficit. Trusting him with financial affairs of our club was always thus going to be perilous and I warned of that on his appointment.[/quote]apologies to all - his nonsense is normally confined to the brexit threadsomeone must have left the gate open or something as he is now ranting at full pitch on herehowever a comment from the National Audit Office might qualify some of his guff"the amount of cash currently borrowed by the government to support banks

has risen by £7bn [to a total of £124bn] since December 2009"

I was under the impression that Alex Neil had a clause in his contract that reduced his salary upon relegation and that reduction was much higher than the players reduction of salary, so Alex Neil had his contract amended by the Board to bring his reduction in salary in line with the players reduction in salary, or have I got that wrong?.......

Balls was acting CEO for free when McNally resigned. The Chairman role came later.

Anybody know what his expenses were ?

So Rhubarb, claiming that all politicians may be incompetent where money is concerned justifies the decision to put Balls in charge of our precious financial dwcisions ?

As I said, lefties will be out in force defending Balls.

[quote user="paul moy"]Balls was acting CEO for free when McNally resigned. The Chairman role came later. [/quote]So Ed Balls was acting CEOthenChairman ?

[quote user="Rhubarb"][quote user="paul moy"]Balls was acting CEO for free when McNally resigned. The Chairman role came later. [/quote]So Ed Balls was acting CEOthenChairman ?[/quote]

I see you neatly edited my post to omit the reference to his expenses......

No, I edited your post to put only the bit I was asking about (with no answer, what a surprise)now why not do us all a favour and use a browser that does not clog up the quote with nonsensical mumbo jumboor if you can''t why not just cut and paste the relevent bitas I did

To get the facts straight,

EB was appointed Chairman 27th December 2015

McNally''s resignation was accepted on 9th May 2016

So EB was Chairman for over four months before he stepped in to cover as CEO.

Slightly OT, but rumoured to be going on I''m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

[quote user="Rhubarb"]No, I edited your post to put only the bit I was asking about (with no answer, what a surprise)now why not do us all a favour and use a browser that does not clog up the quote with nonsensical mumbo jumbo[/quote]Sounds about right for this forum [:D]

[quote user="ec-p"]Slightly OT, but rumoured to be going on I''m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.[/quote]Can we put Paul Moy into that. But without the cameras.And in a real jungle?