Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Nelson’s trip to Portugal

Apparently gone to see a dentist to help get to the root of his injury problem?

What has a Calf injury got to do with somebody’s teeth?

Can somebody explain please?

Baldyboy,

I could, or more to point my wife could, but couldn''t do it justice on here. Best to Google it. Suffice to say there is a connection.

Hope that helps (a bit?)

But Portugal? We do have doctors and dentists here. I must have missed Portugal''s tenure as a centre of medical excellence.

The Portuguese are very well equipped I can assure you, plus it is his home country and he probably feels more emotionally comfortable seeking the advice and treatment from his own countrymen/culture. As long as it gets sorted who cares where it gets sorted.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Apparently gone to see a dentist to help get to the root of his injury problem?

What has a Calf injury got to do with somebody’s teeth?

Can somebody explain please?[/quote]
Perhaps he''s got "baby" foot and mouth disease....or possibly living with a cow. I know this is an offal attempt at an explanation but perhaps someone else has a better idea.

Perhaps he has a long-term family friend who''s a dentist he completely trusts, maybe he''s using the official Portuguese international team doctors, who knows.

I''m sure there''s a very good reason as to why he''s been allowed to go there. As long as it solves his injury problems and gets him back to firing us into the play-offs I have no problem where he goes!

Interesting to hear the potential links between his teeth and muscular problems though

Pity my old school dentist has passed on, his name was Butcher Hogan he stood about 4''11" in his socks, every schoolkid dreaded the sound of him dragging his footstool across the floor

Your teeth and gums affect your body in a big way. A gum infection can cause heart attack quite easily.

yep... nerve damage can impact all over the body - it is after all an interconnected nervous system.. and I have personal experience of this...

Couple of year ago I ruptured a disc in my lower back, which put pressure (via ejection of Nucleus Pulposus into the nerve channel) on my sciatic nerve in the right side - the obvious symptom of this was excruciating, and constant pain in my right calf/thigh (felt like a constant tearing/shredding sensation)... but i also got occasional pins and needles type feelings in my fingers and jaw..

All better now - yay!

[quote user="If wed only kept Howie"]yep... nerve damage can impact all over the body - it is after all an interconnected nervous system.. and I have personal experience of this...

Couple of year ago I ruptured a disc in my lower back, which put pressure (via ejection of Nucleus Pulposus into the nerve channel) on my sciatic nerve in the right side - the obvious symptom of this was excruciating, and constant pain in my right calf/thigh (felt like a constant tearing/shredding sensation)... but i also got occasional pins and needles type feelings in my fingers and jaw..

All better now - yay![/quote]I just recently started getting the lighning bolts down my leg after, ironically, trying to get fitter and a bit more exerise into my life. I think it may have been down to not warming up properly/wrong exercise. Any recommendations of what to do/not to do?

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="If wed only kept Howie"]yep... nerve damage can impact all over the body - it is after all an interconnected nervous system.. and I have personal experience of this...

All better now - yay![/quote]

I just recently started getting the lighning bolts down my leg after, ironically, trying to get fitter and a bit more exerise into my life. I think it may have been down to not warming up properly/wrong exercise. Any recommendations of what to do/not to do?[/quote]

Remedial massage and some yoga. Sorted nerve and muscle problems out for me. Some targeted remedial massage will help the muscles relax and gentle yoga is ideal for keeping everything in alignmemt and making sure nerves can recover over a period of time. 

Capt. Pants wrote the following post at 2017-11-04 5:03 PM:

As long as it works I don''t care where he goes. Otherwise I fear another Matt Jarvis...

Pity he didn’t take Jarvis with him!!

Nelson''s continued injury problems does make Webber''s proclamation that we didn''t need a third striker look pretty silly. Jerome is out of form and we have no alternative.

Anyway, hope the Portuguese dentist sorts it out.

Obvious answer to NCFC injuries

Have all their teeth removed and we will move up the league

Be great to see as the players enter the VIP lounges and leave their false teeth in a Goldfish Bowl provided by Mercyetc