Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Bolton match thread

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Did anybody really think that this season was going to be anything different to this? Inconsistency is what Norwich do best. Still early days for the new regime and the strong team picked for the Arsenal game plus injuries we could really do without have magnified our deficiencies.

The general opinion on this board seems to be that when we are on a good run we are great and when we are on a bad one we are awful, when the truth is probably in the middle. Webber said ''judge us after four transfer windows'' and that really is the most sensible thing to do.[/quote]

We’ll have no quality players left in four transfer windows. Can’t attract quality with no ambition or funds either. We’ve really squandered the years of Prem income. We should easily be a Bournemouth, Brighton or Palace. It’s annoying how mismanaged this club is.[/quote]

Been saying this for years. We’ve had some great opportunities to really kick on but haven’t taken them.

Now we have lost our competitive advantage in this league. We are mediocre at best. So frustrating!

Remember when we were told it would come good because we were dominating possession?

Every game we have dominated possession we have struggled.

2-1!

If only they''d taken some of their earlier chances.

Well at least one goal! Last minute of added. Didn''t think we could manage even one

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Finally!!!![/quote]It''s the hope that kills you Nigel.When you''ve totted up over 65 years of it you''ll know what I mean.[:D]

Rotherham Aston Villa Bolton

When do we play the next bottom of the league side

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Finally!!!![/quote]On The Ball City, Never Mind The Danger, Steady On, Nows Your Chance, Hurrah We''ve Scored A Goal.Not sure whether to laugh or cry

[quote user="daly"]Rotherham Aston Villa Bolton

When do we play the next bottom of the league side[/quote]As far as I know you can''t play yourselves [;)]

Possession football isn''t exciting. It is when you win but when you aren''t winning it is dull and frustrating.

However, seeing that the changes were apart from Watkins like for like when we are two down, I don''t envisage much change.

If DF comes out and says he has the backing of the club and is sticking to his guns then good on him and I can accept that. But they do have to accept that there will be criticism and unrest waiting for the beautiful butterfly to emerge from the dull chrysalis.

Write them off if you like. I can''t write them off after that. But we must score more when we''re on top.

Nice to see so many old friends are fit and well. We''ve missed you x

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We have had periods on top but haven''t scored in any of them. There''s the difference...[/quote]

No Nigel that is not the difference at all, we have players who don’t concentrate and we play too slowly!

I would not be disappointed if Jerome took a month off to rekindle some self-belief and we give a youngster a run-out, if Nelson is not fit.  Hopefully Pritchard will come back strong and I would like to see us use two wingers.  We have sacrificed playing two wide players so that we can have two defensive midfielders (which hasn''t worked recently) but either one of those needs to be more of an attacking force when we have the ball or we need to play Maddison OR Hoolahan (not both).  At home we could play both and forsake one of the defensive midfielders.  Lots of work ahead for Herr Farke.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2017-11-04 8:59 PM:

Write them off if you like. I can''t write them off after that. But we must score more when we''re on top.

Nice to see so many old friends are fit and well. We''ve missed you x

Oh so predictable. As Ricardo says, when you’ve clocked up the years some of us have, there is a right to moan. Let’s face it Nutty, it ain’t brilliant, and hasnt been brilliant news at the club all week.

However I don’t agree with Norfolk’s caller now that “Farke hasn’t got a clue”!

Good enough to survive but my instinct tells me we won''t be seeing the Premiership for quite some while.A shame because I don''t know how many seasons I''ve got left in me.

I want to see Abrahams or Fonkeu = just a couple of games. If they have an eye for goal which surely they must then give Jerome a rest