Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Bolton match thread

Baldyboy wrote the following post at 2017-11-04 7:39 PM:

People still moaning about Jerome, but what’s the alternative to him at the moment? It certainly isn’t Watkins from what I saw on Tuesday!

The lack of strikers has to be addressed i

The club, indeed only last week, Farke stated that was not “a priority!”

2.7m in debt I would say he is right.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]People still moaning about Jerome, but what’s the alternative to him at the moment? It certainly isn’t Watkins from what I saw on Tuesday!

The lack of strikers has to be addressed in January by Webber![/quote]

Moaning about him? Im just stating the facts of his awful display so far today, shall i champion his woeful finishing then? Im fully aware we have little or no alternative but it is what it is.

I really don’t think all these changes help us to get any cohesive play, 5 changes Tuesday and then 5 today, Farke needs to stick with a team for a run of games after the break!

Anybody who seriously thinks we will reach the play offs needs to wake up, we won’t!

Fuck me. Won one game all season, bottom of the table, we''re 2-0 down by halftime.

Maybe that unbeaten run was just a mirage.

Oh dear oh dear!

Predictable sent the word. Mr Farke just like Mr Neil before him relying on old hands not up to the job!

Absolutely disastrous.

[quote user="sonyc"]As ever Ricardo, you always seem to be right![/quote]No pleasure in that but it was so obvious, I''m just surprised that others who have been going for a long time can''t see whats coming.

This isn''t a top six team however much we hope it to be. The goal average after a third of the season pretty much confirms that.There''s blindness and there''s wilful blindness.

2 crosses in the box and we’ve fucked up both of them. All we do is go sideways at the back and then hoof it up and lose it.

Also Jerome seems to have forgotten how to play football.

Bottom of the table Bolton, all Norwich possession, Jerome missing sitters. And then Bolton score.

If Jerome is shot in confidence (1 in 12) he should be dropped and someone else given a chance.

Bookies stats over the last 50 years will show that if you are winning at half time (by one goal) you dont go on to lose a game. If you are 2 up then I guess the odds would be greater. It''s very sad but realistic. We are odds-on losing this game so we need a real outsider''s chance of winning this one. If we had a goalscorer in the team then maybe you might do it?

This is like the Hughton day’s in the Premier League. The minute you went 1 down, you knew that was it. At least that was in the Prem though.

This tippy tappy football is ineffective, looks very nice but is starving the forwards of chances. That said Jerome really should have scored at 0-0.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]8 games undefeated... now what 8 games without a win?[/quote]

More than likely at this rate, sadly.

We have made a swift return to our "pre run" form of mediocrity (at best)All in all that''s probably our real form and unless there is another, and prolonged, improvement in performances, goals and results we''ll still be in the Champs next season.And that will be without Maddison, Pinto, Gunn, Oliveira, and Pritchard, to name but 5.

Paying the price for not doing something in the striker department.

Fed up now. Four defeats in a row.  Dreadful.

I HATE the sideways football and Gunny not kicking it up field until he puts himself under serious pressure from dilly-dallying with his CB’s. Not attack, no movement or cutting edge. I guess we didn’t turn the corner. Premier league is light years away.