Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Bolton match thread

Ricardo''s got one over me City 2nd because I didn''t see the 59 cup run.

Now some numpty wants a refund because the away fans are being shortchanged.....

Anybody would think supporting Norwich is the worst thing in the world.

Write Webber and Farke off at your peril...

Whether a club apologist, fence sitter or club critic......That result today was so very disappointing to say the least......

A fortnight to sort it out before we go again.......and something needs severely sorting.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Write them off if you like. I can''t write them off after that. But we must score more when we''re on top.

Nice to see so many old friends are fit and well. We''ve missed you x[/quote][Y] [:D]

All very frustrating. Not much to add. But we need Tettey, Pritchard and Oliveira back asap.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Ricardo''s got one over me City 2nd because I didn''t see the 59 cup run.

Now some numpty wants a refund because the away fans are being shortchanged.....

Write Webber and Farke off at your peril...[/quote]No disaster will ever put me off Nigel and I know you feel the same but sometimes the total inevitability of it gets you down.I''m sure I will have recovered in time for BarnsleyOTBC.[Y]

The result was disappointing for fans. Label them what you like. But the most disappointing thing about it was that we didn''t score when we were on top.

All the writing off of the club is hot air. We can be disappointed in results without writing off the whole club.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]All very frustrating. Not much to add. But we need Tettey, Pritchard and Oliveira back asap.[/quote]

The crap thing is that we’ll get them back fit, then probaly go on a run but just miss out on the play offs due to this current inconsistency. Then wave goodbye to Pritch and Olive who have had 3 months in the shop window.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The result was disappointing for fans. Label them what you like. But the most disappointing thing about it was that we didn''t score when we were on top.

All the writing off of the club is hot air. We can be disappointed in results without writing off the whole club.[/quote]

But these results and performances are becoming endemic.

We’re well I got the season and we can’t score and can’t defend properly. Issues most predicted back in the summer. The club as a whole are under performing.

See where we are when we entertain Millwall on the 1st of January 2018 and where we are in the league.......and in the January transfer window, which will decide who goes, who stays - and who comes in.......

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="Pyro Pete"]All very frustrating. Not much to add. But we need Tettey, Pritchard and Oliveira back asap.[/quote]

The crap thing is that we’ll get them back fit, then probaly go on a run but just miss out on the play offs due to this current inconsistency. Then wave goodbye to Pritch and Olive who have had 3 months in the shop window.[/quote]

Yes, this is a vital season, sadly it will shape us financially for the foreseeable future.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2017-11-04 9:12 PM:

Ricardo''s got one over me City 2nd because I didn''t see the 59 cup run.

Write Webber and Farke off at your peril...

I’m not writing any one off Nutty, fully behind them. But my fear is that as the debt increases, they won’t be fully behind us!

Mark Rivers on narrfolk at this moment in time states himself that we should never be a selling club to just tick along. And he is right, but to survive, we will have too. Unfortunately, like Ricardo, I’ve seen it all before, way before Delia and co.

Let’s concentrate on getting a fully fit squad and a decent option up front in January. I’m confident that the 2nd half of the season will be much better and we may see a late push for the play offs.

Not too much wrong with the performance. Missed some guilt edge chances. Thought Jerome struggled to hold the ball up let alone anything else.

I bow to you and Ricardos extra years City 2nd.

All I''ll say is that in the 6 decades I''ve been going we''ve always bounced back after apparently you two wrote us off previously.

Perhaps it was like you say 7 decades ago☺

I remember when I was a teenager and enduring us losing 0-2 at home to nine man Middlesboro, losing to Brighton at home in the League Cup as two examples and going home furious, feeling upset for days and moaning about everyone from Watling to Allison.

Nowadays, in the late autumn of this year and life, so to speak, it is just another poor performance and something to analyse. Too old a cat to be pished on by kittens.

I guess there are many out there who, in the Spring of life, sees things just as I did fifty years ago.

I don''t blame them. It will be so important to them and only natural to look for something or one to hit out at.

Everyone has to be cut a bit of slack now and again whichever way they feel right now.

Optimism will emerge before the next game and expectations will once again be of victory and a great performance.

Everyone including Farke talks about the missed chances and that is right but only to a point. If you''re only creating 2/3 chances each match then it is vital you have clinical players, which we don''t.

The bigger concern for me is that we just aren''t creating enough chances with this tippy tappy style of play. The slow patient build up remains irrespective of the score and there is never any urgency. It''s so frustrating to watch and it is clearly not working as it doesn''t seem to fit with the players available.

Farke needs to use this break to try and find a philosophy that plays to our strengths and gets the ball moving a lot quicker. Otherwise, it''s going to be a long painful winter.

Wise words from who must be City 2nd & Rickyyys grandad

No worse than cousins I hope Double N. Us older ones have seen it all and do wonder what the fuss is sometimes.

Tomorrow will still be a good day.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Wise words from who must be City 2nd & Rickyyys grandad ☺[/quote]

At least you''ll never see an application for re-election to the Football League like some of us have.[Y]That and no memory of Charlie Billington.[;)]You don''t know how lucky you are[:D]

Charlie Billington is still remembered fondly at Still On The Ball 😁

Just be thankful for those that followed. Bet you thought hed be the last...

Our chance taker is laid up in a Portuguese hospital.

Cam Jerome is a nice guy but lets be honest he''s not good enough....

i still think gambling a young striker is better than playing a way out of form striker

some game time even a half for one of the youngsters to prove if he can make the step up would be for me a positive at least you are trying all options

Very poor and boring to watch. The philosophy is not right for the Division or the below average squad of players we have assembled. It’s pass or move - players incapable of both.

Webber - don’t believe the hype.

Certainly the last who could toe punt over the bar from his own half

Bill Lewis was a bit of a mule as well apparently.

Saw him playing on Earlham Park for Southrepps in the Norwich and District League in the late 50''s.

In other news Montrose went on to win 3-1

To be fair, it was at Cowdenbeath, even a tricorn hat has more points.