Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Bolton match thread

If we are quite far from play offs by January what would our transfer strategy be? Start selling and buying for next year? Go all out in one final attempt and spend money on a few strikers etc to go up before the money is gone?

I’m sitting here watching the scores as the goals go in just knowing that the City goal figure will not change - how depressing

“The plan is to get promoted back to the Premier League, but not at all

costs,” added Mr Stone. “The reason for bringing change into the

structure of the club was to put us on a better footing to achieve

promotion first time around"
FAIL

The first half stats are damning. 71% possession but Bolton have have more than twice as many shots than us, three on target to our one, two corners to our one and two goals to our none. Just what is the point of possession if you do nothing with it. How have we got ourselves in a position where the one striker who scores goals is so often injured and the other two couldn''t score if they played all night?

What''s important now is to keep ourselves in mid table to avoid getting sucked into trouble.

[quote user="worsethandeath"]If we are quite far from play offs by January what would our transfer strategy be? Start selling and buying for next year? Go all out in one final attempt and spend money on a few strikers etc to go up before the money is gone?[/quote]

You cant seriously believe with our board''s zero ambition that the latter is ever going to happen? Delia and co want us to be Champ mid table club, at this rate we may not even succeed in acheiving that this season. While other clubs who are apparently smaller than us splash come £££''s and give it a go, we just faff about hence our awful last few transfer windows. We''l become what we were before pre-Lambert, a selling club. Tough times ahead sad to say.

As we did earlier this season, we look toothless upfront and have a lack of ideas. I think a lot of it stems from the fact we just don''t move the ball quick enough to catch teams out.

[quote user="king canary"]If we lose this game we''ll have played all three of the current bottom 3 and the record isn''t pretty

Played 3

Won 0

Drawn 1

Lost 2

Scored 1

Conceded 5[/quote]

And we didn’t even score that goal 😂😂😂

We look utterly toothless and incapable of putting the opposition under any sustained pressure. I’m unconvinced that this style of football would ever be successful in the championship

Admirable to want to play football but tippy tap is the wrong game for this league.

Hardly something we are not aware of.

The irony of Jerome getting the ball out wide and there''s no-one in the box to cross to. Oh dear...

I''ve watched many, many Parkinson team performances. He plays 442 and really gets the back 8 drilled. You can even watch the patterns. Not necessarily great to watch but he sticks to his principles. If he had some money and quality in his teams, he would make a decent Champs manager

worsethandeath wrote the following post at 2017-11-04 8:12 PM:

If we are quite far from play offs by January what would our transfer strategy be? Start selling and buying for next year? Go all out in one final attempt and spend money on a few strikers etc to go up before the money is gone?

Where have you been? We are 2.7 million in debt!

What money do you want them to spend. The owners have clearly stated via Mr Balls that they are not looking for investment!!

Well we were told prior to the season starting that Farke likes possession football so there we go

Am I alone in thinking this Manager or Coach is not the answer, home games are so, so boring to watch and now the wheels have come off big time. Carry on and the natives will become very restless.

Perhaps there will come one of those Webber/Farke meetings after this before the international break?

[quote user="City 2nd"]We are 2.7 million in debt!

What money do you want them to spend. [/quote]In footballing terms, including in the Champioship, £2.7m is loose change and we''ve wated 10 times that over the last couple of years on poor players and poor managers.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 2017-11-04 8:23 PM:

F off Lincoln, getting glee out of us losing is truly the work of a complete dick

Can’t disagree with you there HHS, but you have to say, he isn’t that wrong. We are awful defending, we cannot score, we are 2.7m in debt, going nowhere. Hard to keep the faith somewhat!

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Am I alone in thinking this Manager or Coach is not the answer, home games are so, so boring to watch and now the wheels have come off big time. Carry on and the natives will become very restless.[/quote]Judging by this thread they aleady are

Managed to unblock Ifollow. Must be watching catch up as it doesn''t look any better.

Huddersfield proved you can pass your way out of the league but they did it a lot better and with more pace than we are doing.

I do feel sorry for Madison. The real bit of quality we have and he gets dumped every time he gets it.

I believe you have to take each game as it comes but I am a bit worried that we don''t look like changing or adapting to the circumstances. And we do need to be chasing this not settling for this result.

Reed off. Vrancic on.

A consolation goal would be at least be something.

Ipswich 3-0 up

But at least not all bad news Balls-Up will not be on Strictly Come Dancing tonight