Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

shackell is poor

We rate him because he has put in some good, solid performances, is a good defender and is still very young! He came into the team at a difficult time last season and proved that he has an enormous amount of potential! On what evidence do you label him as poor? If Shackell is poor, what would your description of Fleming be?

[quote]why does every1 rate him , his poor !! doherty and davenport[/quote]

bromsgrove

shackell is a young man learning his trade, he has this season had the misfortune to be beside fleming who has at times drifted out of position therefore giving shackell too much to do - shackell ideally needs an experienced defender beside him, i suppose looking at the team now, this might have to be doherty in the long term, davenport i guess isn''t that much more experienced and isn''t going to be around for long

what concerns me however, is the impact of him being dropped by worthington - it will be interesting to see if he comes back into the equation and when he does who partners him

i can only state my opinion, but shackell seems to have a lot going for him, and without taking anything away from fleming, has youth on his side, and is our future, so IMO has to be a mainstay of the side, along with a reliable partner who can encourage and also when necessary tell him where he is going wrong

[quote]why does every1 rate him , his poor !! doherty and davenport[/quote]

2 words for ya:

Man Utd........

I don''t agree with that, Bromsgrove - Shax is a good player. He''s been dragged down by Fleming; it''s almost as if Worthington dropped Shackell in order to soften the blow for his chum Flem! I think that Shax would have been just as OK alongside Davenport as Doc was.