Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Anyone know if anything has happened recently with Grant Holt?

[quote user="king canary"]Can''t seem to see anything...[/quote]

King Canary

Should have gone to SpecSavers

Hasn''t gone down too well with Kings Lynn ,

''''Speaking to the media after Kings Lynn’s 1-0 defeat to Chesham, Linnets chairman Stephen Cleeve said that rather than a deal being done, AFC had put seven days notice in on Holt on Thursday.

A deal is therefore expected at the end next week, which would tie in with the previous timescale set by AFC for announcing new members of the coaching staff.

''''Barrow AFC managing director Andrew Casson had earlier denied any deal had done for the 36-year-old, who spent two years at Holker Street between 2001 and 2003.

Speaking to the press after Kings Lynn’s game with Chesham, Cleeve criticised the Bluebirds for their dealing with regards to Holt.

He said: “I was obviously a little bit surprised, because we thought we’d done a deal for the season for him, but when players are not on contract, of course, these things happen.

“He’s decided he wants to go there. They’ve offered him more money. They’ve offered him a longer-term deal and there’s nothing I can do about it.

“I think Barrow haven’t behaved in the right way. Normally clubs do the right thing. I don’t think Barrow have done the right thing. But I wish Grant well. I don’t want to stand in his way.”

Holt scored 35 goals in 69 league appearances for Barrow in two spells between 2001 and 2003, the first on loan from Carlisle and the second a permanent deal, before joining Rochdale.

He was linked with the Barrow job after Paul Cox’s departure earlier in the season, before Micky Moore was appointed for his ill-fated reign, and is thought to have held talks with club officials.

The Cumbrian subsequently joined Kings Lynn, who put out the following statement following their defeat to Chesham: “It’s just been confirmed by King’s Lynn Town chairman Stephen Cleeve following this afternoon’s 1-0 defeat to Chesham United that Grant Holt has departed the football club to join Barrow as player/coach.

Cleeve said: “We had a phone call from Barrow on Monday to say that Grant’s agent had done a deal with Barrow as a player coach, I’m upset to see Grant leave the football club, I’m shocked more than anything at the moment as I’m yet to speak to him.

“I wanted Grant to stay at the football club, I’m deeply upset, It’s a blow to the town and the football club.”

It’s a shame what happened to Grant Holt’s carreer. The success got to his head. After he left Norwich it went down with his carreer as quck as his success came. He was to impatient after Chris Hughton was appointed manager and didn’t tackle he wasn’t used every game. Big big mistake by Holt. He was a hero in the club, but decided to move and start all over at a new club and from there he went from being mentioned in the England team discussion in the media to being almost forgotten in a very short time. He didn’t tackle the success in Norwich I think and got impatient and looked for more than just Norwich and didn’t realise that this was as high he could reach in football.

Big mistake!? 😂 I''m sure his bank account would disagree while Wigan were paying him more than us to sit on the beach!

Do fans really believe players should be indebted because you pay your £20 a week!? Please!

You work for Tesco and Asda come and offer you double money and you''re gonna stay because little Dorris who comes in every Saturday is going to be devastated you''ve left!?

Get a grip!

Grant Holt did what was best for his family, if he didn''t I''d think less of the man for hanging around just to please a few inbreds who keep quiet for an 8 game unbeaten run but can''t wait to stick the boot in when we lose a couple!

[quote user="he"]It’s a shame what happened to Grant Holt’s carreer. The success got to his head. After he left Norwich it went down with his carreer as quck as his success came. He was to impatient after Chris Hughton was appointed manager and didn’t tackle he wasn’t used every game. Big big mistake by Holt. He was a hero in the club, but decided to move and start all over at a new club and from there he went from being mentioned in the England team discussion in the media to being almost forgotten in a very short time. He didn’t tackle the success in Norwich I think and got impatient and looked for more than just Norwich and didn’t realise that this was as high he could reach in football.[/quote]

Wow! You really are clueless about Holt, he never asked to leave the Club in anyway, he was told by both McNally and Hughton he could leave because Hughton had said he wouldn’t play very often!