Sign in to follow this  
he

Vrancic

If he is picked for the team one more time I lose all respect for the manager.

He is not challenging, there must be ten/fifteen times he loose the ball or don’t challenge the opposition. I have never seen a weaker midfielder for Norwich. He is not trying to tackle. The last example was the 2-0 goal for Wolves. Vrancic is way out of his depth. Mental he isn’t substituted, should be first out!! His cowarding style of no-show is also influencing the other players. Henis not giving his all and not up for the war. Wake up Farke!!

No.

Howson didn’t lose the ball so easilly.

Hiwson did challenge the opposition more.

Vrancic is a shockingly bad footballer, but more shocking to oick him for the team.

Is Vrancic a player to get Norwich promoted to Premier League? Can you see him him the Premier League next season?

Try follow Vrancic and hus involvments and also his LACK of involvments. Tragic

I dont think having Vrancic and Murphy in the same team works

Both potentially decent players but their combined lightweight contibution is a problem in the same team

Careful, you''ll be accused of scapegoating.

You can bet some people on here will say he was one of our better performers today and that anyone who criticises him doesn''t understand football.

How the hell did some people think he would be Player of the season!

He wouldn’t look out of place at Norwich United.

Allegedly he’s a footballer but that’s an insult to footballers

He should be playing more centrally as a number 8 or deep number 10. He''s not a winger and not is he a holding mid. There''s not room for him and Maddison in the same team. He does have quality though and should be giving Maddison an option to rest.

Agree with Canarymoon, he has ability but is played out of position continually. I don''t want to sound negative but I personally think the whole balance of the team is wrong, which was particularly evident tonight.

The dynamic has to be tweaked for the rest of Q4. Such a busy period with Naysmith, Pritchard, Oliviera back.

You can''t really fault our defence and holding midfield too much, apart from zonal marking. It shouldn''t take too much to get the right blend and start attacking faster and harder.

I''d love to still have Korey Smith, Chris Martin, Bradley Johnson, Gary Hooper and Tom Adeyemi in our squad.

He''s so frustrating it''s unreal. Clearly there''s a footballer in there somewhere but he only comes onto the pitch for 2 passes per game - the rest of the time he''s awful.

He played centrally virtually the whole game tonight with Reed pushed wide right to accommodate him.

I''m sure Indi Bones will come up with a heat map and his successful passing statistics to show he had a good game really and us muppets at the game are just biased against him.

How can anyone agree with Canarymoon, the man who thinks Jerome is a donkey when in truth the donkey is Vrancic!

A few decent passes during the game, but against a quick, strong and physical side like Wolves you need people who are going to match them pound for pound. In a funny way I think Vrancic might actually be better in the Premier League where he''d be afforded a little more space on the ball, but he looks completely overwhelmed by the pace and intensity of the Championship. Clearly technically gifted, but we can''t afford to keep carrying him. Hopefully Yanic will be back in the mix on Saturday - was he rested tonight, or did I miss something?

He''s a good player, a clever player. But he''s one of too many in the midfield who can''t run past people and if you''re going to play him you need to have options for him to feed the ball into - which we lack.

Maybe not someone you''d have in your team when everyone is fit but a handy player to have in the squad.

I really don''t see the point of him in the team. He provides nothing. He has one speed which is ''meander''. He is not strong enough on the ball. His passing is limited at best and also, his set pieces are only good enough about 1 in 10 chances.

I used to say the same thing about Dorrans when he played, but i''d gladly have him back right now!

[quote user="GJP"]He''s a good player, a clever player. But he''s one of too many in the midfield who can''t run past people and if you''re going to play him you need to have options for him to feed the ball into - which we lack.

Maybe not someone you''d have in your team when everyone is fit but a handy player to have in the squad.[/quote]
Exactly how I see it.

Feedthewolf - Yanic wasn''t rested, he was unavailable due to personal reasons, "which we have to respect" according to Farke.

Indeed. From what I hear I don''t think anyone would have a problem with why Yanic wasn''t available.

To me the Comments here are very similar to what use to be said about Andrew Surman... basically good eye for a pass but far too lightweight and not up to it.

Of course, Surman went on to be a huge success at Bournemouth.

May be a case Vrancic will just never be right for the hurly burly of the championship but better suited to the more controlled and measured game of the premiership.

Or maybe we’re not playing him in the right position and the players around him are not giving the right support or offering the types of runs and movements he needs.

To say he can’t play football and is a waste of space seems a bit harsh to me.

He can sometimes pick a pass through the defence but his contribution apart from that is not worthy of a start.

His contribution to Wolves'' second goal was there for all to see. He should have been making it difficult for them to head the ball back into the box, instead he just stood and watched Harrison Reed. His attempts to win the ball always seem very half hearted.

[quote user="By Heck Its Fleck"]His contribution to Wolves'' second goal was there for all to see. He should have been making it difficult for them to head the ball back into the box, instead he just stood and watched Harrison Reed. His attempts to win the ball always seem very half hearted.[/quote]Whatever his contribution to Wolves''s second goal last night, Vrancic''s stats belie the accusation that in general "his attempts to win the ball seem very halfhearted". The reality is that, of our midfielders only Trybull averages more successful tackles per game, with Vrancic rated equal second with Reid. Rather than being ineffectual in this respect, he actually contributes more than any other forward midfield player when it comes to helping out the defence.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]He can sometimes pick a pass through the defence but his contribution apart from that is not worthy of a start.[/quote]

Precisely. Cannot play defensive/central midfield - poor work rate and lightweight. As an attacking midfielder - far too slow. Not Championship standard and would never cut it in the Premiership. Once our other midfielders recover from injury I would imagine he will disappear of the radar.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Only a dedicated happy clapper would defend Vrancic.[/quote]It''s not a question of happy clapping, it''s a matter of being sufficiently interested in facts to look at a player''s stats before launching into a tirade of criticism.

@westcoast

C''mon you''re smarter than that. You can''t just look at a tackle made stat and say it proves he makes more of contribution defensively than others.

It took a while to come. I expected Indy Bones to have his heat map and successful pass rate to disprove what most at the game saw with their own eyes but that''s an impressive try West Coast.