Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Who do you miss....

That would be 91 and a fair few that would be wrong then Smiffy. Unless of course you can find a better one...

Tilly, the posts that people made and their mission statements when they went to pastures new show how a few of us were really voices in the wilderness as so many pledged allegiance with Canary Boy and his board "that would be the death of the pink un" ☺

Some might say Nutty that Canary Boy scored an own goal in those early days which could just be why he he not gained the posters he hoped for. [;)]

“ Look at us, we saved the pinkun forum “ . I can’t work out why when most clubs have more than one forum, some of you could never accept that another supporter might just want to start another on for NCFC. There should, and could be room for both but for some reason some of you can’t handle it and get all precious about how there should just be this one. I use both and don’t have a problem with them other than one or two or here that seem to think that they are the moderators instead of sdp

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“ Look at us, we saved the pinkun forum “ . I can’t work out why when most clubs have more than one forum, some of you could never accept that another supporter might just want to start another on for NCFC. There should, and could be room for both but for some reason some of you can’t handle it and get all precious about how there should just be this one. I use both and don’t have a problem with them other than one or two or here that seem to think that they are the moderators instead of sdp[/quote]I don''t think I have ever seen any poster here say any of those things.

Thing is purple, it’s everyones choice to use whichever forums they choose, if you want to go on the other one that’s fine, but why spend time slagging it off ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Thing is purple, it’s everyones choice to use whichever forums they choose, if you want to go on the other one that’s fine, but why spend time slagging it off ?[/quote]Good grief i cannot believe you have the nerve to post that bearing in mind some of your comments about the Pink Un '' elsewhere ''.

I think your missing the point Frank. I''m talking of the claims that were made at the time by all the posters who jumped ship. Most of them have now returned. Morty wasn''t always the black sheep on here and certainly not then. It''s all recorded in the archives.

I know it never needed saving, it’s just in the small minds of a few that felt they were saving this forum from the other one because they couldn’t bear the thought of a bit of competition.

As for your comment Til, yes I have made comments about stuff on here, but my opinion is based on a few control freaks ( you’re one of them ) and those that enjoy coming on here when we lose. Do you enjoy that ?

Ron Manager was a good poster. His knowledge of Kodi etc and all things Internet was invaluable imo and he always had a good sense of humour. Shame he stopped posting.

I miss Morty AND Waveney.
I like the other forum. I also like this one. This one has far more posters which means there''s more conversation and debate, but equally there''s more idiots / trolls / Ipswich fans that choose to post on here.

What do you call a control freak as you put it ? Maybe you could point out where i have attempted to control this messageboard as i do not even bother to post on over half the threads on here and you can research that if you like. There is only one poster on here i find annoying and no prizes for guessing who that is.Your admission to making comments about stuff on here and of course you forget to mention that they were not complimentary over on the other forum makes my last post spot on.

My comments were based on this place going into meltdown when we lose.

Perhaps as someone else has said, sdp should tell the whole story about Morty getting banned....

shame this messageboard doesn''t attract the younger Norwich supporters too . Must have an average age of 50/60 I''d guess. I read this obviously because it''s about Norwich City but anyone who thinks its a top forum is deluded .

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I know it never needed saving, it’s just in the small minds of a few that felt they were saving this forum from the other one because they couldn’t bear the thought of a bit of competition.

As for your comment Til, yes I have made comments about stuff on here, but my opinion is based on a few control freaks ( you’re one of them ) and those that enjoy coming on here when we lose. Do you enjoy that ?[/quote]No. Still don''t remember seeing any comments like that. There has been a fair bit of understandable schadenfreude here over the failure of that site to fufil the sometimes rather gleeful and derisive predictions of posters there about how it would take over from a rapidly declining pink ''un.There was even a thread asking which of the very few worthwhile pink ''un stalwarts who hadn''t already switched would posters welcome. A becoming modesty forbids me from mentioning the most popular choice. But in that at least Norwich Talk contributors showed admirable judgment...

You''re deluded Midland and the evidence is freely available on this forum. This is a totally diverse community that is bonded by our love I our football club.

Trouble is you''re too far up your own backside to see it or understand it.

Winky, I''ve seen you mention this before. What did happen to Ron? All I remember was that he changed his name to barfly to deceive other posters but it didn''t work. Oh and then there was that sensitive personal stuff he shared about another poster....

I fail to see what the age of posters has to do with posting Midland?

Are you trying to say that once your over 50 your football knowledge becomes irrelevant?

Experience is what counts in most walks in life as it defines a personality better in my opinion

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]My comments were based on this place going into meltdown when we lose.

Perhaps as someone else has said, sdp should tell the whole story about Morty getting banned....[/quote]I asked you to expand on your control freak comment not about this messageboard  going into meltdown when we lose. If you want to read meltdowns trying TWTD every other week or so. Is there much debate on the other forum on a matchday as opposed to a meltdown when we lose or do posters such as they are just decide not to bother posting at all ?I really am struggling to think why you posted that last sentence in the context of what i am discussing with you at the moment.

A mix up of the ages who post on here would help the board. Of course anyone over 50 has interesting things to say but it does feel like your at your local Conservative club .

Basically there aren''t enough members and that''s plainly obvious.Match thread at half time yesterday was at 5 replies, check any other decent forum and you''ll see 20 pages plus most games .

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]That’s not all you struggle with is it ? 😉[/quote]What would that be then ?

Midlands doesn''t know the ages. He has no clue. He''s just making random comments. Midlands knows about Leicester though yes siree he does. He knows all their fans ages and probably what they have for breakfast too. Midlands doesn''t know what Norwich achieve as a community club. But he knows what the Leicester owner does in their community. Midlands is at a loss on here too because he can no longer chase Morty round the board.

Oh and Tumbleweed explained about the match threads back on page four. Apparently everyone who isnt at the game is too engrossed in whatever media they are following it to have time to post. Except when we''re doing badly.....

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Match thread at half time yesterday was at 5 replies, check any other decent forum and you''ll see 20 pages plus most games .[/quote]Nine different threads on here surrounding yesterday''s game against Derby.

To be fair this forum is a lot quieter than a lot of other similarly sized clubs main forum but that isnt necessarily a bad thing!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That would be 91 and a fair few that would be wrong then Smiffy. Unless of course you can find a better one... [/quote]Like everything else on here that''s just a matter of opinion. I agree it''s pretty good but it''s like pronouncing that '' xyz '' is TV''s best comedy programme.All in the eye of the beholder .......

See I think this is the best Smiffy. But I''m always open to be proved wrong. For evidence I will present this community. I''d be interested in anything you believe is comparable.