Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Who do you miss....

Messageboard traffic was down Year-on-Year in July and August (but up every other month) and traffic was significantly up in September (79%) which was also our best month this year. I guess that performance at Millwall helped.

In regards to Morty, he could have a perfectly sensible debate if he wanted to, sadly this was far too rarely, and instead we frequently got 1 word replies (that were usually abusive in some way) such as calling people b3ll3nds etc.I don''t think many would question his passion or support of the club, but at times his forum behaviour was dire.

@LDCSorry Lessingham, you don''t need someone on the board who tries to

dominate the board by being objectionable, abusive and at times

downright deceitful.   Football knowledge (or lack of it) is one thing,

acting the big time charlie and putting down people you don''t "get" is

school playground  stuff and taken to extremes - which it was - becomes

more serious in the form of ebullying.  And regardless of someone''s

personal life, it is what you write on here that matters, not how you

treat people face to face.  Too many people abuse the internet and and

treat it dfferently to real life - but a board like this IS real life as

shown by the community spirit of the pups thread and the very good

friendships that have come about through this and belonging to the same

football club.As far as Morty is concerned, Winky is absolutely

right, he is there on another forum waiting to be hero worshipped again

by people. Funny how no-one goes there very much any more.......
Fully accept your point LDC, and get it that you and him did not get on and at times the board suffered as a consequence, but we are viewing from different perspectives, i did not really experience prsonally some of the comments taht others did, so therefor my view is purely the board is quieter and less interesting with the loss of a regular contributor, not a plea to reinstate any of the ghosts of yesteryear. I would also add, i believe Morty does still participate in Rays Funds and other fund raisers, i''m sure i saw that somewhere.

Just a couple of observations that I think are relevant and worth pointing out. Posters can draw their own conclusions.

As I said earlier the Millwall match thread went 16 pages, with 227 posts and 10,943 views. In comparison the Ipswich and Arsenal match threads COMBINED went to 11 pages 153 posts 7,634 views.

And secondly the poster who hounded Morty all over this board followed up with a failed attempt to hound me, tried to discredit Rays Funds and has now disappeared.

@Nutty

A few thoughts on why that might be....

1- For me personally, I''m only on this forum during a game if I''m listening on Radio Norfolk. If it is on TV or I''m at the game I''m not posting on here apart from maybe at half time.

2- There is obviously much more to discuss in defeat than in victory- nobody is going to go 5 or 6 pages debating if Maddison was ''very good'' or ''excellent.'' There is only so many ways of saying ''I thought everyone played really well'' especially as it can feel churlish to over analyse and pick holes in good performances.

3- People bloody love a moan.

I like coming on here and not being certain that any thread that has gone more than 3 or 4 pages was going to be some combo of Morty/LDC/others bitching at each other about entirely unrelated points or who started being mean to who.

I don''t get why anyone is a bit surprised that its a bit quiet on here in Oct, its always a bit quieter when the team are doing well and there''s nothing to moan about. As Pete said after we lost to Millwall it was very busy and we''re still doing well compared to the other 2/3 ncfc forums I read
We''ve had lots of new people join, we''ve had lots of posters who haven''t been around for years come back, I think its been a nice place to be this summer, long may it continue.
Nutty -  Re posters disappearing, sometimes there''s a very good reason why people  go missing, maybe other stuff takes priority.
Have a great weekend everyone[:)]

Diane- I''m sure there''s a very good reason for a lot of things. I just made a couple of observations with no further comment ☺

Wow! This thread is still here. I hadn''t expected that...[:O]I take a gander at Norwich Talk every so often and a while ago, if my memory is correct, asked how he felt about this message-board, Morty said he rarely looked at it now. A perfectly fair attitude. And some posters who have returned here, or started posting more frequently, have cited a less antagonistic atmosphere as being the reason.On the face of it we would then seem to have a situation that suits all parties, to the advantage of both message-boards.

As far as Morty is concerned, Winky is absolutely right, he is there on another forum waiting to be hero worshipped again by people. Funny how no-one goes there very much any more.......

Still enjoy playing the victim don’t you LDC ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]As far as Morty is concerned, Winky is absolutely right, he is there on another forum waiting to be hero worshipped again by people. Funny how no-one goes there very much any more.......

Still enjoy playing the victim don’t you LDC ?[/quote]You can think what you like, but as usual, I''m just saying how things are, nothing more, nothing less. 

Maybe if i had lost a very close and dear relative in the last couple of months just maybe not posting on here would be a very,very justifiable excuse.As for the much missed Morty by a limited number on here you can find him in The Nelson where he spends his time bitching about the Pink Un or on a site elsewhere but failing that Faecbook and Twatter. Why the need to rock the boat on here and drive away posters who have returned and not been seen in ages ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Maybe if i had lost a very close and dear relative in the last couple of months just maybe not posting on here would be a very,very justifiable excuse.As for the much missed Morty by a limited number on here you can find him in The Nelson where he spends his time bitching about the Pink Un or on a site elsewhere but failing that Faecbook and Twatter. Why the need to rock the boat on here and drive away posters who have returned and not been seen in ages ?[/quote]
Why the need? I agree Til. Why the need to make remarks about posters who no longer post on Rays Funds?

FWIW my opinion is that M derailed most threads and contributed massively to an antagonistic and cliquey board. Debate on here has in my view improved greatly on here since then. I don''t quite understand why some folk seem to have an obsession with has-been attention seeking keyboard cowards. And as to traffic on certain matches well I am sure most people are actually paying attention to the game live rather than posting which is the way it should be.

There''s so much double standard and two faced posting going on here. We all have posters we either like or don''t like but in all the years I''ve posted I''ve never once had the urge to email or ring Pete to report anyone. I am consistent in my standards and don''t pal up with different cliques depending how the mood takes me. 
As for that other message board. When that was started I was virtually a lone voice on here sticking up for this board. So many flocked over with Morty saying how good it was. I received plenty of "advice" on how this forum was going to die and that I should move Rays Funds over there. You all probably remember what I said, and to be fair when I said it to Morty he understood, respected it and always supported our cause.
Perhaps we should quote some of the posts from back then anonymously and play "guess the poster" [;)]

I''m still about, not that I have to justify my posts or lack of posts to anyone.

Glad you missed me though NN.

I have reasons for my absence, but as you have reminded me many time in past, this is forum is about ncfc so let''s keep it on topic.

As you were!

[quote user="Greavsy"]I''m still about, not that I have to justify my posts or lack of posts to anyone.

Glad you missed me though NN.

I have reasons for my absence, but as you have reminded me many time in past, this is forum is about ncfc so let''s keep it on topic.

As you were![/quote]
Glad to see you''re about Greavsy. If the coded postings were about you then I''m sorry for your bad news.
I knew you were around anyway because I saw you stirring on the binners thread the other day. Remember?[;)]

No stirring here, bit more important things going on that tittle tattle, so I''ll leave you and the others to it, as they wish.

Speaking from personal experience, it’s easy to get too worked up when things go wrong as I have in the past!

The answer for me was to actually get in The Nelson, post match, and meet these guys on here face to face, it’s certainly helped me with Nutty, Lapps, Tilly et al counselling me in the error of my ways!

Seriously though, it’s good to discuss things face to face and highly recommend a session in The Nelson, although sadly I won’t be able to make it tomorrow due to no trains from GY!

I will be in there after Barnsley on Nov 18th, a day I make the City selections for the PUPS and would love to see more new faces there too!