Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Who do you miss....

This forum is soooo quiet compared to the end of August. You could scarcely believe we are doing so well. We''ve just beaten the binners in their own backyard sealing our fifth successive away win. Nine games unbeaten and this forum has become quieter after each one. There''s a few token threads about famous fans, past players, songs and tickets. And of course the Rays Funds threads. But very little about performances and nothing about the board. 
Personally I miss those two boots characters and Highland. (You couldn''t make it up).
By their posts you shall know them....

Love a quiet forum - be happy not to see any of them again, as we''d probably win the league!

Of course I was just having a bit of fun but there could be a semi-serious side to all of this. Assuming the value of this forum to Archant is from advertising such a drop in traffic could see it become an endangered species. When we were losing the advertisers were in clover. The Millwall match thread went 16 pages with 227 posts and 10,943 views. The match thread on Sunday, a local derby which we won in the binners back yard, limped to 5 pages, 67 posts and 3,347 views. This is more than a 67% drop in traffic.
I don''t really miss most of the miserable beggars but maybe we should get Morty back? it would be in your interests Archant....
[;)]

He''s probably in a padded cell at the Norvic Clinic talking to himself and answering himself liked he used to on this forum,

Good riddance to the put down merchant

[quote user="daly"]He''s probably in a padded cell at the Norvic Clinic talking to himself and answering himself liked he used to on this forum,

Good riddance to the put down merchant[/quote]
Perhaps all the miserable beggars are there too. Should we sent flowers....
[W]

I miss those PUPs who have not taken part this season at all and those that only post for the first few weeks and then fall off the radar for some reason.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]This forum is soooo quiet compared to the end of August. You could scarcely believe we are doing so well. We''ve just beaten the binners in their own backyard sealing our fifth successive away win. Nine games unbeaten and this forum has become quieter after each one. There''s a few token threads about famous fans, past players, songs and tickets. And of course the Rays Funds threads. But very little about performances and nothing about the board. 
Personally I miss those two boots characters and Highland. (You couldn''t make it up).
By their posts you shall know them....
[/quote]

Listen, the Board have not gone away. They are still there waiting to repeat the same mistakes they have made in the past.

If Farke turns out to be the next big thing in football management (coaching) then are the members of the Board going to back him with their own cash, or better still, make way for a sheikh or two so that NCFC can break through the glass ceiling that exists in the EPL?

The answer is no, of course not. The SS will stand in the way of further progress because they want to own the dolls'' house in perpetuity. So in those circumstances the boy Farke will look elsewhere to achieve his ambitions just like Messrs. Saunders, Bond, Walker & Lambert did before him.

I miss those PUPs who have not taken part this season at all and those that only post for the first few weeks and then fall off the radar for some reason.

I include myself in this Till i have just been so busy its that international break to blame !! i lose interest watch international footie !!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]BREAKING: Liverpool manager has resigned! He''s taking his family home to Germany.

The Klopps go back this weekend!

Sorry I''ll get my coat...[/quote]His brother Klippetei is set to join him this w/eMost of our ''out of the closet'' binners are no longer with us,Bar King Binno who had a go in August .. otherwise....Derby Canary, Time to go Delia but it is the wisdom of this chap that is really missing (posted u a couple of months back)"You won''t win a Grand Prix if you are driving a Reliant Robin."

I think this forum needs a Morty, before i get shot down by all the sensitive souls on here, he had a good knowledge of football and a great passion for our club, and i thought he was very good (but did from time to time overstep the mark) at putting an objective view point across and therefor testing beliefs or comments made by posters, i do agree he could be quite cutting when doing so which doid let him down. But the forum is less interesting without him IMO.And for the record i have never met him, so not a "mate" talking, though i did meet his girlfriend once and if she is anything to go by, then he cant be the ogre so many are afraid of.

I find it hard to believe that Morty had time for a girlfriend, what with his constant prowling around this message board picking fights with whoever he could find.

As you''ve never met him Lessingham, are you sure it wasn''t Morty in a dress trying to make out that he had a girlfriend?

@Trevor Hockey''s BeardCouldn''t swear TH, but certainly totally different in every way to the picture that would be in most peoples mind of the mythical man.@ApplesIt was more of a comment for discussion than a suggestion, as i think such a suggestion would have the bloodhounds out in the principality of Lessingham seeking retribution.

Take refuge in the Star Inn and barricade the doors!Personally I miss Newton with his endless "we got no cash" ramblings and Grefstad with his miraculous Norwegian TV coverage and running stats.Apples

If people are so keen to exchange views with Morty I suggest they have a look on Norwich Talk and have a one to one counselling session with him there. He would enjoy the attention 👍

Sorry Lessingham, you don''t need someone on the board who tries to dominate the board by being objectionable, abusive and at times downright deceitful.   Football knowledge (or lack of it) is one thing, acting the big time charlie and putting down people you don''t "get" is school playground  stuff and taken to extremes - which it was - becomes more serious in the form of ebullying.  And regardless of someone''s personal life, it is what you write on here that matters, not how you treat people face to face.  Too many people abuse the internet and and treat it dfferently to real life - but a board like this IS real life as shown by the community spirit of the pups thread and the very good friendships that have come about through this and belonging to the same football club.As far as Morty is concerned, Winky is absolutely right, he is there on another forum waiting to be hero worshipped again by people. Funny how no-one goes there very much any more.......