Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Striker options January

@Pete

I believe those domestic loan roles only apply if you are in the Premier League. Sunderland for instance have 4 players on loan from other teams in England.

[quote user="pete"]As for loans we have two domestic loans Gunn and Reed only option for loans come from non domestic clubs.[/quote]
That''s completely wrong.
Domestic loans rule does not apply to FL. You can sign up to 4 from any club as long as 2 of the 4 are under 23. Can have up to 5 loans in match day squad.
52.4.2 No Club may sign more than 4 Players on a Temporary Loan Transfer from another Club (or club) in any Season, of which no more than 2 Players may be over the age of 23. The deadline for determining a Player’s age in this respect shall be as at the 30th June prior to the Season in which the Temporary Loan Transfer is intended to take place. Any Temporary Loan Transfer which subsequently becomes a permanent transfer (which can occur any time during the period of the Temporary Loan Transfer) shall not count against a Club’s quota of such Temporary Loan Transfers for that Season.
52.4.1 A maximum of 5 Players registered on a Temporary Loan Transfer can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League. This maximum shall reduce to 4 Players where a Club names a Player on the team sheet who is registered on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan;

Meant to add, you''re allowed 8 loans in total. It doesn''t matter where they come from as long as no more than 4 are from a single club and no more than 5 in matchday squad.

Sorry too be hard on CJ who I''ve always loved but something has to be done about this weird and unproductive situation asap.

As a striker Cameron Jerome seems to have been designed by a committee. Everything is perfect about him. His height, physic, pace, workload and attitude but unfortunately the meeting was adjourned before the final piece of the jigsaw was discussed .. the fact that a striker needs to strike regularly.

Sure he has come up with a decent haul in recent Championship seasons, and also some notable goals, but no more in this respect than Charlie Boyer, who had SuperTed banging them in even more so, and Efan Ekoku who had Chris Sutton.

Jerome is a number ten in the Emile Heskey style who still has his uses, but we need a realistic striker urgently. Besides, having a number ten is not our style these days, it''s all midfielders.

Break the bank say I.

But there were people at the beginning of the season saying he was guaranteed to get us 15 goals at least this season!

[quote user="Baldyboy"]But there were people at the beginning of the season saying he was guaranteed to get us 15 goals at least this season![/quote]Glad to be proven wrong.

We don''t necessarily have to break the bank-remember the hilarity on here when Ipswich paid £1 million for Martyn Waghorn? We could do with unearthing someone similar.

Yes Baldyboy, which shows that most on here either don''t know much about other players or are bitter and twisted where Ipswich are concerned.

Simply buying a player because he might ''do a kob for us'' is going against what we are currently trying to achieve. Tieing us don to another 3 year contract when we have a few youngsters coming through would be absurd.My own view would be to bring in Hanley or even Raggett and put Klose up front as we did with Sutton.Tim seems to enjoy going forward and takes great delight in scoring.. kicking the corner flag if I remember.

I''d bring Chris Martin back. He is a natural finisher. With the creativity and style of play we play, he would be suited to the ball on the floor. Yet he can also mix it up by holding the ball up. The biggest question is how much he would cost and also whether his attitude is any better than when he was here previously...

Norwich will only sign a striker if they manage to sell one of their current strikers, which is Jerome, Nelson and Watkins.

I can''t see anyone coming in for Jerome this January and as Watkins was only signed in the summer it seems unlikely he will leave - I''m sure no one wants to see Nelson leave.

Having three dedicated strikers on the books is an expensive option for Norwich (strikers command the highest transfer fees and wages), it also risks creating some bad blood behind the scenes. It is the Becchio/Lafferty situation. These were players on big wages, rarely troubling the first team and moaning about lack of football. It is also hard for a striker, who generally touches the ball less than any other outfield player, to suddenly come into a team and make an impact after a prolonged spell on the sideline.

Norwich brought in Watkins to be the third choice, but also provide an option out wide so he wasn''t just kicking around in the reserves. It is worth noting that Watkins played more games as a striker than a wide man for Barnsley, so he is a striker, but just has been in poor form so far this season.

Farke has been a bit unlucky that Jerome and Watkins have both had poor form and Nelson has been injured for a large part of the season so far (although this has probably been dragged out due to mismanagement). Abrahams should have been given some minutes while Nelson was injured and should have played in the league cup - it would have been the perfect opportunity to see how far of he is from first team football.

I am not sure morris is the answer. Not starting regularly in a very successful shrewsbury side but tbf he is playing his part when he does appear - its still a huge step up.

With moyes at wet sham we can only hope he reverts to type and looks to sign his old favourites and comes in for Naismith either on loan or permanently.

Having a main striker who can stay fit for more than 6 weeks at a time would also be helpful, its not just under farke that nelson has struggled, he has had regular use of a sicknote throughout his career.

Very strong rumour at the weekend that Nelson wont be here for the 2nd half of the season, apparently wants out, so now over to the club to either get a deal thats acceptable or face having a player that doesnt want to be with us.

We missed out on Omar Bogle in summer, would have been ideal 3rd choice. I’d be tempted to give josh a go through the middle off the bench, the way he took his goal vs Arsenal was exemplary and he’s got a bit of height on him as well to hold his own aerially. I’d definitely be looking to bring Morris back though, we need him as an option off the bench at the moment. Problem is that when oliveira gets back, there’ll be no room for him again unless we ship Jerome off.

We have to cut our cloth accordingly at this level. I reckon oliveira will be off either in jan or certainly summer and we will be looking to the lower leagues or Scotland for the next Omar Bogle out there. Someone mentioned Rose as an option, probably not a bad shout. We don’t need anyone who does anything fancy, just a jerome type but one who can score.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]We missed out on Omar Bogle in summer, would have been ideal 3rd choice. I’d be tempted to give josh a go through the middle off the bench, the way he took his goal vs Arsenal was exemplary and he’s got a bit of height on him as well to hold his own aerially. I’d definitely be looking to bring Morris back though, we need him as an option off the bench at the moment. Problem is that when oliveira gets back, there’ll be no room for him again unless we ship Jerome off.

We have to cut our cloth accordingly at this level. I reckon oliveira will be off either in jan or certainly summer and we will be looking to the lower leagues or Scotland for the next Omar Bogle out there. Someone mentioned Rose as an option, probably not a bad shout. We don’t need anyone who does anything fancy, just a jerome type but one who can score.[/quote]Wiki says he''s 5 foot 8 inches tall, is that a bit of height?I don''t want to tempt fate but Neil Adams said on the Scrimmage he was going to Holland to look at some players, maybe were going for a Dutch striker?

I certainly think we need to be (and will be) looking abroad for players instead of taking a punt on overpriced journeymen or lower-league maybe''s; This summer has shown that we can get players of a much higher standard for less money by looking abroad - in fact, if you look at the players Webber and co. have brought in so far, the two who are really yet to justify their wages are Watkins, who although he hasn''t done anything egregiously wrong equally really hasn''t done anything of note whatsoever; and Husband, who''s showing signs of improvement albeit too slowly. All the foreign imports have contributed far more - Vrancic has his off days but he''s also shown spells of genius when the system and opposition suit his style of play. I imagine the scouting team are on the lookout for someone and I suspect if a decent player can be bought for a reasonable price - under 500k - then the board might be persuaded to part with the money; I can also see us getting a young PL hotshot along the lines of Nketiah in; but we certainly won''t be dropping millions on second-rate Premiership squad fillers.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I certainly think we need to be (and will be) looking abroad for players instead of taking a punt on overpriced journeymen or lower-league maybe''s; This summer has shown that we can get players of a much higher standard for less money by looking abroad - in fact, if you look at the players Webber and co. have brought in so far, the two who are really yet to justify their wages are Watkins, who although he hasn''t done anything egregiously wrong equally really hasn''t done anything of note whatsoever; and Husband, who''s showing signs of improvement albeit too slowly. All the foreign imports have contributed far more - Vrancic has his off days but he''s also shown spells of genius when the system and opposition suit his style of play. I imagine the scouting team are on the lookout for someone and I suspect if a decent player can be bought for a reasonable price - under 500k - then the board might be persuaded to part with the money; I can also see us getting a young PL hotshot along the lines of Nketiah in; but we certainly won''t be dropping millions on second-rate Premiership squad fillers.[/quote]That''s a bit harsh.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Very strong rumour at the weekend that Nelson wont be here for the 2nd half of the season, apparently wants out, so now over to the club to either get a deal thats acceptable or face having a player that doesnt want to be with us.[/quote]

Got a source for this Lessingham?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Woodman, yes, same source that told me other bits and pieces, some turn out to be 100% some not so.[/quote]You have got to admit if a Prem club comes in for Nelson in the window he will be off.  (or possibly a top end Champs)Rather changes the dynamic of this thread though, we would have both money and a vacancy??

But how much of that money would be available for reinvestment? Say we sell Nelson in January for £8m- do we then go out and spent £8m on replacements or do we have to bank half of it and try and replace him with the rest?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@Woodman, yes, same source that told me other bits and pieces, some turn out to be 100% some not so.[/quote]

Which were the 100% ones and which weren''t so true? Not doubting you, just need a bit more meat on the bones...

@ WoodmanWhich were the 100% ones and which weren''t so true? Not doubting you, just need a bit more meat on the bones...Bradley Johnson, Grabban, Hanley &  Hucks were all 100% probably been similar that never happened.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Very strong rumour at the weekend that Nelson wont be here for the 2nd half of the season, apparently wants out, so now over to the club to either get a deal thats acceptable or face having a player that doesnt want to be with us.[/quote]No big surprise, he was messed around by Farke earlier in the season by not getting games even though he''s our best striker by a Country mile.