Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Angus Gunn

Just suppose we got promoted, I wonder what our chances would be of keeping him here?

Of course without promotion I know there is no chance, but if we reached the PL would he really want to go back and not even make the bench!

Wouldn''t be up to Angus unfortunately - but up to Man City if they want to sell.

Can see him being on loan at Norwich again next season, regardless of which division they are in. But a permanent transfer seems a dim prospect in my eyes. Angus is not only home grown for Man City but ''Club Grown'' - so worth a huge amount to them.

There was a rumour circulating a month or two ago, that someone high up had said we have him on loan for two years.
Not 100% sure where I read it, or who said it, but I''d be delighted if it were already sorted and agreed.
I think if we had him for two years we would have a pretty decent chance of keeping him, particularly if we went up - He''s only under contract there until 2020 and if he has aspirations of playing international football then he will need to be playing regularly somewhere, and that''s not likely to be Man City as they''re all about the here and now, not the developing for the future.
We have the sentimental pull for Angus - I know money talks these days, but his Dad was our keeper for the best part of 10 years, and is rightly an absolute legend round these parts - Angus grew up in Norfolk, he''s a City fan through and through - there''s a great video (with some NSFW language) doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment .
I could genuinely see him staying around for a long time if we can get promotion in next year or two.

Would love to keep him. He''s the best keeper we''ve had since pre-injury Ruddy.

Ederson could conceivably be the Man City #1 for the next 10-12 years. Surely he''s better off playing for us than warming the bench. Could be too pricey, mind..

Whatever it takes would be worth it. Not since the days of Keelan have I seen a City keeper pluck the ball out of the air with such confidence and style.He has been a revelation, as far as I am concerned. Great catching skills and superb positioning.If he does not go on to play for England or Scotland I will eat my hat.ps the twttery thing above is hilarious because it has two jug eared farmhands being well wound up

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]That was hilarious kio!

I bet Gunn was terrified...[/quote]You never know if one of thses young binners maybe carrying a sawn off pitchfork or somethingAngus is certainly committed to the club and there is no doubting his allegiance to NCFC.I''m sure he took great delight in shoving it back in the binners face either, given how the grief Bryan Gunn was given there.

If I was him I would have been walking around St George''s mentioning that I qualify for Scotland at every opportunity.

Bit like Tammy Abraham talking up how he could play for Nigeria.

If he had any sense he would try his hardest to stay with us.

Jordan Pickford starred for the England team last night but if he had not played in a poor Sunderland team, and had been a number two at one of the ''top'' clubs, nobody would have seen him and he would not have had the chance that he has.

(Pickford has also been very lucky to get his chances due to injuries to Mannone and Butland).

Too many youngsters show promise and go to big clubs and their careers suffer as they do not play.

The whole game is about playing, not being squad members or substitutes. (The adult grassroots game could do well to remember that as well, perhaps we wouldn''t lose as many players as we do if they played!).

He certainly needs to be number one somewhere to continue his rise - this stint with the England first team will only raise his stock. I''ve no doubt a Premier League club will come in guaranteeing him first team football - then you''ve got the issue of whether Man City would be willing to let him go if they see him as their long-term number one. I would imagine if he isn''t deemed good enough to be Man City''s no1 next season, it''ll be another loan.

I''ve no doubt he''s on decent wages at Man City, and his time there has built towards his rise, but I do wonder if we could have done more to keep him here to begin with.

[quote user="Rhubarb"]Whatever it takes would be worth it. Not since the days of Keelan have I seen a City keeper pluck the ball out of the air with such confidence and style.He has been a revelation, as far as I am concerned. Great catching skills and superb positioning.If he does not go on to play for England or Scotland I will eat my hat.ps the twttery thing above is hilarious because it has two jug eared farmhands being well wound up[/quote]He is good at picking the ball out of his net as well. Majestic.

Congratulations to Angus, delighted for him. BUT, doesnt this just highlight everything that is wrong with international football?

I know Joe Lewis also got a call up, but England material after 19 career appearances? And lets face it, this is because he is a Manchester City player, so him playing for us is ''overlooked''. If he had been our player (ie made the first team after staying in our youth system) he wouldnt be being called up.

This is once again the idea that if a player at a big club has a few good games he is fast-tracked into the England side.

Im pleased for him, but I dont agree with half of the embryos lining up for England being involved. Think the mentality is wrong/misguided. I understand the idea, I simply think its a crap one. It wont lead to success for the national side

[quote user="worsethandeath"][quote user="Rhubarb"]Whatever it takes would be worth it. Not since the days of Keelan have I seen a City keeper pluck the ball out of the air with such confidence and style.He has been a revelation, as far as I am concerned. Great catching skills and superb positioning.If he does not go on to play for England or Scotland I will eat my hat.ps the twttery thing above is hilarious because it has two jug eared farmhands being well wound up[/quote]He is good at picking the ball out of his net as well. Majestic. [/quote]shouldn''t you be out knicking charity boxes or mucking out the pigs, bin boy ?

@Great Mass Debater

He is being called up as he''s already with the u21''s. If Butland got injured a week or two ago I think they''d have called up Fraser Forster.

I don''t think we will keep him in the long run as regardless of his connections to Norwich he is clearly a top talent. Surely any Premier league club needing a keeper would seriously consider him and he must have some ambition and want to make himself an England regular. If Man City don''t want him he will go to a Premier league team. We have him while Man City wait on how they can use him and while his prices rises. I''m not sure about loans between premier league teams. Can he be loaned to a Premier League club?

Probably puts the nail in the coffin of us keeping him long term but still hopeful we may get another season out of him.

Conversely, Remi Mathews is putting in some outstanding displays at Plymouth and they''re all raving about him. Saved a penalty yesterday. Maybe he''ll be the one to replace Angus.

So pleased that Gunn has been chosen to represent his country if he plays any part of the game on Tuesday and delighted that Matthews appears to be stepping up to the plate at Plymouth.The long line of good keepers at Norwich looks to continue.

Well done Angus Gunn. The best of luck to him. We should be glad to have him and enjoy him while he''s here. Arguably the best signing of the lot over the summer window.

Angus is big for us but commonplace for Man. City.

Farming of young talent in this way is a newish phenomena in the game that even NCFC have latched onto to a certain extent.

Both Manchester City and Chelsea have youngsters loaned out who, for each respective club, would be amongst the favourites to succeed in the Championship if they were to make up an eleven.

We have a few as well and if Maddison is anything to go by we have a bright future even without the immediate obvious.