Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

Davenport

Just back from the game - fantastic result , should have been 3 or 4 and I''ve plenty of other thoughts to add later on that but for now...

Just how good was Calum Davenport ? I can''t remember the last time I saw such an assured display from a City defender.Worthy better try and get him til the end of the season cos with him in our back line , we''re not going to let too many through...

Yeh Davenport was great, so was doherty(makin the pass 4 hucks goal), the whole back 4 played wel! the whole midfield played wel, the 3 front boys played wel! worthington played wel!

Great all round team performance, with real passion and pride 4 the club!!!!!

Great result, sounds like a great performance and credit to NW for making positive changes - I hope these players get a chance to play again. It would be criminal if WLY paul is left out as he adds much needed creativity. Surely the board must be looking at where the £3 million can be found to sign Davenport (if he wants to move of course). Make him this season''s Huckerby/Ashton.

[quote]Just back from the game - fantastic result , should have been 3 or 4 and I''ve plenty of other thoughts to add later on that but for now... Just how good was Calum Davenport ? I can''t remember the las...[/quote]

He is a revelation.

Three more like him in defence & we''ll be qualifying for europe the year after next Especially if we get the right price for Ashton which would enable us to finance quality the standard of Davenport.

Davenport was superb today. He could have the same impact on the team that Hucks did when he first arrived at a similar stage of the season.

I am glad that he played today how he played when he came on in the Watford game.  At Watford he was quick, strong, won virtually every challange, had two feet, and used the ball very well.  He looked a class above the dross that was on the pitch in the first half.  Its a shame it has taken Worthington a season and a half to replace Mackay with a decent replacement although it does beg the question what do we do when the loan period finishes as if I was Tottenham I wouldnt be in a rush to let him go.

I think Tottenham have only paid just over £1.2 million for Davenport as yet. The rest depends on clauses and number of appearances etc. It would be great to bring him in but i''m not sure we would spend the money or if he would come here!