Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Farke

Either he needs to wake his ideas up and change the way we play or he needs to go. Norwich supporters will not stand for the current way we play if it is not getting results. This is the English Championship, not some tippy tappy 3rd rate league in Germany. We have the players to play much better than we are but we are getting bogged down with this obsession to keep possession rather than actually playing to our strengths. Won''t be long before the crowd turns and the dressing room is lost.It needs sorting out one way or the other over the International break.Probably time for the Board to bite the bullet and admit that they''ve got it wrong yet again.

Do we ever play 2 wingers?

It always seems that we can lay a lop sided formation with one winger and always change it like for like, and then when it’s not working we go 3-5-2.

Same stuff every week. Same issues every week.

Can''t help but think he''s on a hiding to nothing.

Firstly injuries have robbed him of two of the players most suited to his style of football- Nelson and Pritchard.

Secondly him and Webber have been asked to overhaul the playing style, culture and squad while also being told to cut the wage budget, sell the best players and not expect much in the way of investment.

We all know Jerome doesn''t suit this style of football but we don''t have the money to sign someone else. So in the short term he has to adapt and start playing to the strengths of his team. In the longer term though a project like this needs investment.

But we are a well run club who have fantastic owners who don’t need any help as they are so wealthy that they won’t seek outside investment! 😂😂😂😂

@Baldy

Yes and football hasn''t changed since 2002 so we can just sign the club over to our owners nephew to continue the progress.

Forward Norwich!

Half the team''s out injured. Oliviera and Pritchard in this team and we get the early goal more often, Tettey in and we conceded less chances on the break and whoever plays alongside him can play their natural game more. Maddison/Jerome/Trybull would be fresher etc

Then there''s all the other injured players. We finished 8th last year, drastically reduced our playing budget and with half the team injured we''re upper mid table, manager''s doing fine, not great but fine at such an early stage.

It''s not time to start questioning his position yet I''m afraid. i know some people revel in scenarios like that but it''s far too early for threads like this imo

I don’t blame Farke.

But we can’t afford to sign players, we have to sell our better players, we can’t move on our highest earners but hey, at least we don’t need investment!

I hope he comes good but I hate the way we play at the moment. So dull. Some key players have let him down though, I don''t accept injuries are anything to do with it.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Half the team''s out injured. Oliviera and Pritchard in this team and we get the early goal more often, Tettey in and we conceded less chances on the break and whoever plays alongside him can play their natural game more. Maddison/Jerome/Trybull would be fresher etc

Then there''s all the other injured players. We finished 8th last year, drastically reduced our playing budget and with half the team injured we''re upper mid table, manager''s doing fine, not great but fine at such an early stage.

It''s not time to start questioning his position yet I''m afraid. i know some people revel in scenarios like that but it''s far too early for threads like this imo[/quote]I can hear the sound of a nail being hit firmly on the head.

? Half the side out injured

We should have signed a Dentist instead of Naismith

And.....three wins in a row and we get back into the play offs.

Perspective needed!

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Half the team''s out injured. Oliviera and Pritchard in this team and we get the early goal more often, Tettey in and we conceded less chances on the break and whoever plays alongside him can play their natural game more. Maddison/Jerome/Trybull would be fresher etc

It''s not time to start questioning his position yet I''m afraid. i know some people revel in scenarios like that but it''s far too early for threads like this imo[/quote][Y] Frustrated by the results lately but no need for the knee jerk head chopping. This break is well needed and hopefully he can regroup and re-energise the boys.

It''s not Farke though, is it. It''s the strikers. We have chances every match.  Jerome can''t take his and Murphy misses too many that he should score.  Take your chances and the whole game looks different.  

@LDC

But we don''t create enough chances. Sure we''ve missed some but nobody takes 100% of their chances- you have to give your players more than one or two decent chances a game and the current style of play combined with this current lineup isn''t allowing that to happen.

I''ll give it longer than 5 or 6 games in the space of 2 injury ravaged weeks before I shit my pants. He''s a good manager.

Get rid of Farke and then what? We’ve no money and are heading for a return to years of championship football. No, Farke needs to be given time and as much financial support from the board as possible to see if his ideas can bring success here. Realistically we are now at the point where a return to the premier league will take a miracle. Maybe if the board back him in the winter window the second half of the season, with a fully fit Pritchard and Oliviera we may see significant improvement. Constantly changing the manager didn’t work when we had money so it won’t now.

[quote user="sonyc"]And.....three wins in a row and we get back into the play offs.

Perspective needed![/quote]

Play offs, 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

[quote user="king canary"]@LDC

But we don''t create enough chances. Sure we''ve missed some but nobody takes 100% of their chances- you have to give your players more than one or two decent chances a game and the current style of play combined with this current lineup isn''t allowing that to happen.[/quote]The calculated style we are playing requires strikers to take clear cut chances that present themselves.  We just don''t do that. Murphy missed another one on one today.  He has to learn to be more clinical.

For those mentioning injuries- I do agree and mentioned them myself. However this is where a manager earns his money. Farke has to be adaptable. There is no point persisting with a style of play when it doesn''t suit those you have available to you.

If our only striker is Jerome, if we''re missing Tettey and if we''re not creating chances then we need to change how we''re playing. THat might mean going more direct and it might mean only having 40% possession rather than 70% but it also might involve scoring some goals and winning some games.

I’m still optimistic that we can push on in the second half of the season and just maybe push for 6th place. We will need another cheap gem of a signing up front and Oliviera and Pritchard fully fit though

So just who is this half the team injured? We aren''t including Naismith and Jarvis are we? I''m thinking Nelson, Pritchard and Tettey of those who we would reasonably expect to start. Maddison has been better than most people expected and probably wouldn''t have played alongside Pritchard anyway. I don''t think there is a lot of love between Nelson and Farke so probably not a regular starter either. I do accept we''ve missed Tettey though.

So just the three players that would be starting week in, week out not just for us but the majority of teams in this league. We’ve missed them massively and when they are back I’d expect significant improvement

MISSED Tetley

I missed my first wife for a couple of weeks but would not want her back

Spent too much time on her back