Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Tomorrow's Defeat.

As I predicted, our defence issues are sorted out for now, only time we got done was Klose being megged and Gunn was there to stop them. Now for a commanding performance at home next weekend and we go into the Boro game full of beans.

Hmmm all you like, we may have ended up winning that game but the fact we have another similar post a year on where nothing has really changed speaks volumes. We''ve gone backwards with no sign of improvement. And people like you are happy to lap it up and suggest anyone not happy with it has an agenda. Yes we f*cking do... we want to see a successful football club!

Tell me whats wrong with what i said... we could beat Middlesborough and you could mock the OP but the fact is we are going backwards. We are having to suffer this type of football because Delia wants to keep control and barring a miraculous change it looks like our natural position is bottom half of the Championship. I cant believe anyone can be satisfied with this, plus the dire, turgid football we''ve had to watch recently.

Perhaps the OP vocalises this in a overly negative way but give me a reason why we should be going into the weekends game expecting a win.

“Delia” you were doing so well....

But no, a woman in her seventies is making all the key decisions and those employed are mere charlatans happy to get a pay cheque....

🙈👍🙈😂👍🙈

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]give me a reason why we should be going into the weekends game expecting a win.[/quote]
Whoever "expects" their team to win?
"Expecting"  something is half the problem for some people.  They seem to think they have some right to "expect" their team to win, when in reality, the odds in any match in such a competitive league are that the best we should hope for is that the team play well and at their best - then there is a good chance they might come out on top.
The only thing I would "expect" is that the team give their all for the cause.  If they do that there is a good chance they will do well, because they are good players.

Wazza, read my post, then read your girly rant at me. That''s what''s wrong with it.

Oh, and are you Housey''s missus or something? 👰💍💒🔔🙃🙃

LDC - No-one is expecting this team to win, which is kinda the problem... I don''t feel I have the right to expect my team to win, but I do feel I have the right to question and express dissatisfaction at our rapid fall from grace and our owners who have presided over it. Going to football has very quickly become a chore rather than something that you look forward to at the weekend. Perhaps you don''t get the sense of that not going to many games (not a dig, by the way).

Nutty - From the very infrequent spells of browsing on here that I do, it appears you have taken up Morty''s habit of trawling the message board attacking posters without really adding anything meaningful to conversations. Are you so happy with where we are as a club because there''s only 1 group of people I know of that have genuine reason to be happy with what''s going on here...

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]LDC - No-one is expecting this team to win, which is kinda the problem... I don''t feel I have the right to expect my team to win, but I do feel I have the right to question and express dissatisfaction at our rapid fall from grace and our owners who have presided over it. Going to football has very quickly become a chore rather than something that you look forward to at the weekend. Perhaps you don''t get the sense of that not going to many games (not a dig, by the way).[/quote]
I don''t get that sense of going to the football being a chore - maybe because I don''t go to many matches - but I do see when people tell me a match has been terrible when what I have seen watching online and what others who were at a match have said has been the opposite. 
It''s a game of opinions, no doubt, but at face value, this season we have had some very close matches and we have been attacking more this season. We had one bad loss - to Leeds, the rest were close - WBA was a roller coaster that could have gone either way. 
I don''t get this idea of a "rapid fall from grace" either.  To my mind we had a very good squad of players who were expensive and unable to get the balance right between attack and defence so we could not get back into the PL.  So all that has happened has been a rebalancing of the squad to match the league we are in and the finances attached to that - as all clubs do who come down and who don''t get straight back up have to do.
I am excited by the players we have now, I like Farke and his approach and his ability to bring through young players and not fall into the trap that Neil did by sticking with the older players even when they failed to produce. I like the way the board/owners of the club have delegated football decisions to football people rather than have the old fashioned Board/CEO approach. 
So is it a chore really? The matches I have seen this season have been exciting and close.  Or is it simply a worry that we will not improve?  It''s more understandable if it''s a worry about whether we will improve, because no-one really knows what will happen in the next match - it could be an open WBA style of match or it could be a tense Preston kind of match. If away - well away from home we''ve been good value - well in the matches with two battling draws out of three away matches and one very narrow defeat.
For me it''s the unknown that makes it exciting.  You may think you know what the next match will be like - but do you really?  Do you know it''s going to be a dull 0-0 or a high scoring open match?  Do you know for sure we are going to lose it or play badly?  We have a young team - a team with lots of players who haven''t been there very long - and it will develop this season, no doubt.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]LDC - No-one is expecting this team to win, which is kinda the problem... I don''t feel I have the right to expect my team to win, but I do feel I have the right to question and express dissatisfaction at our rapid fall from grace and our owners who have presided over it. Going to football has very quickly become a chore rather than something that you look forward to at the weekend. Perhaps you don''t get the sense of that not going to many games (not a dig, by the way).

Nutty - From the very infrequent spells of browsing on here that I do, it appears you have taken up Morty''s habit of trawling the message board attacking posters without really adding anything meaningful to conversations. Are you so happy with where we are as a club because there''s only 1 group of people I know of that have genuine reason to be happy with what''s going on here...[/quote]
That''s great Wazza. Perhaps you didn''t notice that you trawled the message board to attack my post.
Have you ever heard the saying "pot calling the kettle black"? Well that exactly fits your comments, not just the hypocrisy of your post to me but also your point to Lakey about attending games. I reckon Lakey''s been to more games this season than you did in the whole of last season. And have you even been to any this season? Perhaps you don''t get the sense of Lakey''s POV because you so rarely go?

You''re not very good at this are you - perhaps you missed the bit where I said it wasn''t a dig at LDC. My point was that from me going to games it personally feels like it has become a chore rather that something you look forward to and that if LDC doesn''t feel that way it''s probably from reduced exposure to the shyte from the last few years. No digs at anything there - just a statement of what turns out to be fact...

"I don''t get that sense of going to the football being a chore - maybe because I don''t go to many matches", oh there you go... LDC actually saying that himself.

But continue to make (now proven incorrect) comments on posters rather than actually adding something meaningful... you only continue to prove my previous point.

This is getting tedious. Please read the posts and then respond to what was written Wazza.
I didn''t say it was a dig. I said it was hypocritical. Reason being is that point of view would apply more to you than Lakey as he goes to more games than you.
What is wrong with that statement?

I don''t get what''s hypocritical - you trawled back a year to make a glib comment on a year old post, I commented on what was perhaps the 5th highest up post at the time, making what I felt was a relevant contribution to what was being said. Namely that a year on, while we may have won the game in question, we''re now in the position where you expect to lose rather than win and that we should be right to hold Delia to account for this.

I take the point about you not saying it was a dig but I ask you also to read the post and respond to what was written...

Based on the regularity of my attendance, I find the regular process of turning up and watching what inevitably ends up being rubbish a chore. Based on my presumed regularity of LDC''s attendance, he doesn''t have that. LDC then confirmed this. Yet you persist with your incorrect opinion being presented as fact that LDC goes to more games than me. Which, to answer your question, is what is wrong with that statement.

I really wish I''d imagined the last 3 league games, I''ve never been so bored at the football than at the first 80 minutes at Preston. I really wish I could have had more of a positive perspective before the Leeds game - after all, this was a team we''d spent a long time at least on a par with but i went there wondering how many we would get beaten by, the answer being 3 without much resistance and while i didnt go to the derby it struck me after watching it on telly that it''s a measure of how far we''ve dropped that we consider ourselves happy that we didn''t lose to the team bottom of the table. That good enough for you?

Wazza, in a previous rant you regaled us all that you didn''t go any more. You told us thrown in your ST, had been to a few games last season on mates tickets, and didn''t miss it. Suddenly you do go again. And apparently went last season too. Like with Housey''s post I remember it. I didn''t trawl looking for his post! I won''t trawl looking for yours. However long would that take? 
I couldn''t care less whether you go or not. I couldn''t care less whether yer man Housey is right or not. I posted because he was well wrong last year and didn''t even come by to say that he had hoped to be wrong. Or was pleased he''d been wrong. He didn''t come by and say anything. Until this year''s post.
You then made it your business to rant and eff & jeff at me for pointing that out. Perhaps you forgot already...
[quote user="BarclayWazza"]Hmmm all you like, we may have ended up winning that game but the fact we have another similar post a year on where nothing has really changed speaks volumes. We''ve gone backwards with no sign of improvement. And people like you are happy to lap it up and suggest anyone not happy with it has an agenda. Yes we f*cking do... we want to see a successful football club![/quote]

Eff and Jeff me, you do like trawling through posts don''t ya! I don''t really get what your problem is here - yes I got rid of my season ticket and on several occasions I''ve taken advantage of spare tickets. Where I then quickly remember why I got rid of my season ticket.

And Eff and Jeff me, if you think that was a rant at you which led to you suggesting I was the feminine part of a homosexual couple then my boy you are a bit precious.

If you didn''t get so het up about stuff you''d have managed to get the whole rant on one post Wazza.

Homosexual? Is Housey a girl too? 🙃

Nice guy or not is not a call it''s my place to make.

Ordinary is probably my call. And a bit dim.

You can easily check it out hairy because happily I can''t post on here pretending to be someone I''m not.

I wonder when you''ll step out from behind your mask....

Just a friendly suggestion. It takes such a lot of effort to build a persona and it would be such a shame for it to fall apart with a few revealing comments said in a heated exchange.

I just come on here to enjoy the banter and pick up on the football gossip. Too many other things in my life to make it anything more than that.......