Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Cobh friendly

Anyone know of any coverage of this tonight, txt updates even? Says nothing on home page, so I''m thinking not.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]Chris Goreham will be giving Twitter updates[/quote]Takes me back to those glorious days when we used to ''watch'' games on Teletext.

I assume the club might tweet updates

Got to laugh somewhat haven''t you?Technology wise we''re the most advanced we''ve ever been in terms of being able to provide video coverage for events, yet despite this we''ve still got plenty of fans stuck checking Twitter, BBC sport etc for updates rather than actually being able to see the match!We can pay people 50k a week to play football, but can''t get a live stream of the matches they''re playing in...

If it was economical someone would stream it.

I would also imagine Cobh would rather it wasn''t streamed as the whole point of the game is that people pay money to watch it, rather than sitting at home feeling entitled to watch it for free.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]If it was economical someone would stream it.

I would also imagine Cobh would rather it wasn''t streamed as the whole point of the game is that people pay money to watch it, rather than sitting at home feeling entitled to watch it for free.[/quote]Oh come on BYG, that''s a nonsensical suggestion for the vast majority of fans and you know it.How many of our fans are able to just pop over to Ireland in the middle of the week to watch a 7:30pm kick-off ffs?The truth is that there''s likely to be very few City fans attend the match, whereas with a live stream potentially thousands could watch it, what''s more this means a greater level of coverage for Cobh, which I''m sure would be far more valuable to them than a handful of our fans being able to travel to the game.

Only if the club charged for the stream. Which usually results in someone re-streaming it for free.

Cobh want local fans to go to the game, they don''t really care about Norwich fans (although will be very grateful to the hardy 100+ who make it out there), as they want to promote the team to the local community.

Just because you are a fan of a club doesn''t mean you have to be allowed to see every game, free of charge. It is ultimately still about attending games, rather than just sitting at home and virtually supporting a team.

If I remember correctly, a few of our games in Germany were shown via YouTube last year, it''s certainly not that tricky to do these days.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Just because you are a fan of a club doesn''t mean you have to be allowed to see every game, free of charge. It is ultimately still about attending games, rather than just sitting at home and virtually supporting a team.[/quote]Don''t try to take the moral high ground with me on this Bethnal, the vast majority of our fans will NOT be attending the Cobh game (and for perfectly good reason), and to suggest that our fans are just being lazy ''virtual fans'' who CBA to attend the games is simply not on.[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If I remember correctly, a few of our

games in Germany were shown via YouTube last year, it''s certainly not

that tricky to do these days.[/quote]Exactly this, but when I point out the lack of coverage, I get BYG ranting on about sitting at home and expecting everything for free...just WTF???

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If I remember correctly, a few of our games in Germany were shown via YouTube last year, it''s certainly not that tricky to do these days.[/quote]
And if I remember correctly at least one of those was from a static camera positioned about half a mile away at one end of the pitch (ok, I exaggerate slightly) and it was virtually impossible to identify who the players were and what they were doing. Am I mis-remembering that? I would also assume that a fairly fast and stable Internet connection would be needed and I am not sure whether that is available at St Colman''s Park.

Yes, it''s Bethnal who is the one ranting here, definitely.

Also you''ve got to have a lot of free time to want to watch a preseason game on YouTube.

[quote user="king canary"]

Also you''ve got to have a lot of free time to want to watch a preseason game on YouTube.[/quote]Really?Are you asserting that most people aren''t available from 7:00pm onwards, because that appears to be contrary to the vast majority of people I''ve known, outside of those working shifts or night work of course...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Got to laugh somewhat haven''t you?Technology wise we''re the most advanced we''ve ever been in terms of being able to provide video coverage for events, yet despite this we''ve still got plenty of fans stuck checking Twitter, BBC sport etc for updates rather than actually being able to see the match!We can pay people 50k a week to play football, but can''t get a live stream of the matches they''re playing in...[/quote]I think the live stream requires the match to be ''filmed''That it isn''t has nothing to do with technology more a matter of moneyI''m not sure how you imagine this ''filming could be paid for, or how those doing it could recoup their moneyIs it really that awful that a ''meaningless'' friendly is not shown live ?

I''m taking a guess that most people have better things to do with their time than stream a meaningless game between us and some Irish amatures.

Also as others have stated where is the benefit for Cobh in streaming this game? They will be hoping to make some cash on ticket sales which a stream would affect.

[quote user="Captain Haddock"]Is it really that awful that a ''meaningless'' friendly is not shown live ?[/quote]Awful? Of course not, but I find it incredible that other posters now seemingly want to criticise fans for actually wanting to watch the team play - be it a ''meaningless friendly'' or not.Watching us live vs Paulton Rovers was also somewhat meaningless (it really was like playing a pub side), yet I bet the majority of fans who didn''t travel to the game actually watched us play them on TV.Personally I''d like to get an early view of how we''re approaching the game, get a look at our new signings, get an impression on the new management team etc, but apparently I have too much free time and should be doing something more productive instead...Impossible to win at times on this forum.

I''m not talking about you specifically Indy but for it to be remotely worth while to film, run a stream and foot the cost you''d either need to be able to charge or have a significant number of people watching. My comment is more to the fact that I don''t think a huge number of fans would be particularly arsed about watching it. I''d imagine that games that were streamed last year either cost too much to do or didn''t attract enough viewers for them to bother this year.

Also you don''t do you credibility any favours when you compare a friendly to an FA Cup tie which was broadcast on national TV as the two aren''t remotely comparable.

Didn''t Mustard tv show a few friendlies last season, or maybe the year before?

Cobh have nothing to lose by streaming this game, Coleman park has a capacity of 6000 max, I''d be very surprised if it isn''t a sell out, the game is being mentioned in radio spots bulletins, confirming that Wes will play,. .... This alone should ensure a full house as Wes is legend here. Also Cobh is only half an hour from Irelands 2 nd city, Cork, currently running away with the Irish prem league, interest in footy is massive in this area.

Believe it or not , they are also making. a song and dance about Jerome and Naismith playing.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Cobh have nothing to lose by streaming this game, Coleman park has a capacity of 6000 max, I''d be very surprised if it isn''t a sell out, the game is being mentioned in radio spots bulletins, confirming that Wes will play,. .... This alone should ensure a full house as Wes is legend here. Also Cobh is only half an hour from Irelands 2 nd city, Cork, currently running away with the Irish prem league, interest in footy is massive in this area.

Believe it or not , they are also making. a song and dance about Jerome and Naismith playing.[/quote]Can we expect a ''Ricardo'' style match report from you?

[quote user="ec-p"]Didn''t Mustard tv show a few friendlies last season, or maybe the year before?[/quote]

Yes, but it was an absolute shambles with the live stream going down when the game kicked off. Don''t think they got invited back...

City (4-3-3): Matthews; Wildschut, Zimmermann, Klose, Toffolo; Maddison, Tettey, Vrancic; Hoolahan, Oliveira, Josh Murphy.

Unused subs:
Jones (GK), Pinto, Lewis, Godfrey, Pritchard, Watkins, Naismith, Morris, Jerome.

I can see a few more going in tonight(though not in the Miss Rosalind style of "I can see")

I see that despite Delia giving Martin a new contract she did not pick him even for the subs bench. [:D]