Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Harrison Reed joining on loan

Going through the Huddersfield route to success - not Roeder''s!

5 loans in (Kachunga, Mooy, Ward, Palmer & Brown). If our loans end up like the success up there then no one can complain!

Crafty Canary wrote the following post at 05/07/2017 10:33 PM:

Another loan and talk of one or more full backs coming in on loan. I ope we are not going down the Roeder route to success.

Source?

Stuart Webber''s wheeling and dealing in the loan market spoke for itself at Huddersfield last season so hopefully it will be the same with us.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]I am not sure about incomers being specific like-for-like replacements for players at the club now who might be leaving/having less game time. If anything he sounds like a new Holt.[/quote]I know you''re a numbers man Purple so I feel it''s my duty to point out we''ve had more than one Holt.You do mean Gary, don''t you?

[/quote]I do! I also wonder if this could end up as a permanent move, even if we don''t get promoted this year.

Won''t be permanent if Norwich don''t get promoted. Reed recently signed a new contract and Southampton will want a few million for him, something Norwich probably won''t be spending if they are still in the Championship.

If the club are promoted probably a chance of a permanent move, but would be pricey. Depends on what is happening at Southampton at the time really and who they sign.

Can someone remind me what the rules are on how many loanees are allowed in the squad/team please?

i think we have to be careful selling players and replacing them with loans

the only reason is that loans cost money with little return unless they can get us up

i do not know what fees or wages we are paying from Gunn / Read but if they do not get us up in this season they leave at end of the year we have nothing just memories

If we go up then of course the Loans will be a roaring success and we will replace them or ever maybe lucky sign one or two of them with the money we will get

But if we do not that means Remi Matthews will be No1 without experience or game time this season

In rough figures we have approx 6 million coming in we need to sign OUR players with that if not it will be spent and when the loans leave we will be left we gaps all over squad without the money to sign the players

i understand this summer maybe different but i feel a real Art of a Club our size is buying cheap selling for profit something we need to do a lot more of to help our income

Always thought this kid was a tidy player when I have seen him (which is limited amounts in mainly cup/sub appearances I think).

Hopefully he''s good (and tough) enough for a full Championship season, certainly a good age and coming from one of the best academy set ups around.

I am happy with a small number of good quality loans that improve the starting XI; getting the balance right is key; certainly dont want to be swamped with them.

Mr Webber is doing a great job revitalising our club.

Stale players being replaced by young enthusiastic ones. Who cares if they are loanees. No long term expensive contracts. I am glad more fans can see what is happening, I am fed up with the moaners, I hope they stay away.

Knowing nothing about him and having just convinced myself that he wasn''t that chap in Raiders of the Lost Ark I took the trouble of visiting a Southampton fan''s site.

The first comment was very encouraging:-

"Very early days for the lad, but boy does he look a great prospect.

He chases and harries in midfield and provides a real energy to the team. Could be some player for us."

The snag is this was posted eighteen months ago so the question has to be asked: What has happened since?

In truth most of the comments about him were highly encouraging despite the fact that he has never been an out and out regular in the Saints starting line-up.

One ominous post suggested that, "Hopefully this is a sweetener for the signing of Josh Murphy."

This was later altered to Jacob by a later poster.

My opinion is that they got Redmond (cheaply) so they CANNOT have a Murphy.

I''ve had a hard spot for Southampton F.C. ever since they poached Ron Davies from us and, although we got Andy Townsend later on, enough is enough.

The long market will have some really good players in ky that we as a championship club should be looking to tap in to and Reed is one of those.

As Premier League clubs spend more and more the quality of the squads and their U23 teams will also strengthen.

I am probably one of the more positive posters on here but even I am struggling to see the positives in our signings so far

I may be wrong but am usually spot on

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]The snag is this was posted eighteen months ago so the question has to be asked: What has happened since?[/quote]The appointment of Puel was the key factor in this I believe, as Koeman was very keen to develop Reed and give him gametime where possible to help his development - something that was very much supported by their own version of Webber et al, but Puel didn''t see it this way. These are the sorts of factors which combined with their poor end to the season and lack of faith from the fans led to his dismissal.He''s still very highly rated by Southampton, who probably see this as the ideal opportunity to make up for lost ground, get him gametime in a good, competitive league and hope that he shows his true potential on the pitch in the process.I firmly believe that if Koeman had still been there, we''d have seen far more of Reed this past season and probably would have struggled to get the loan tbh.

A market we need to tap whilst we still have enough financial clout and recent PL experience to shop amongst the best.

"As Premier League clubs spend more and more the quality of the squads and their U23 teams will also strengthen."

Quite, one Saints fan posted a list of the expensive players who had kept Reed on the sidelines and it was headed by Vincent Wanyama amongst other star names.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Quite, one Saints fan posted a list of the expensive players who had kept Reed on the sidelines and it was headed by Vincent Wanyama amongst other star names.[/quote]And last season he was stuck behind Romeu, Clasie and Højbjerg - not exactly bad players to be fair [:)]

I don''t really know of the lad but he comes with a good write-up, and from a good club. I do have a few niggles about replacing players with loans but with the right mix it can work well.

pritchard was stuck on the bench behind some good midfielders - hoping Harrison can add a similar touch of class and bite

[quote user="Canary Top Hat"]I am probably one of the more positive posters on here but even I am struggling to see the positives in our signings so far

I may be wrong but am usually spot on[/quote]Your poster preview

Im looking forward to the who''s sponsoring his match day pants announcement

[quote user="Wishbone"]“I had a conversation with the Head Coach and I could tell his philosophy suited me down to the ground,” Reed told Norwich City TV.

"The last couple of seasons I’ve played as a deep-lying midfielder. I like to get on the ball and keep things ticking over, as well as being aggressive to win it back when we’re out of possession.

So far, i''m finding there is much more of a plan and synchronicity with Webber and Farke. It seems more thought out than signing 54 attacking midfielders, like AN did. Obviously defenders are a priority now. I''m hoping we''ll bring in at least a couple on permanent deals...[/quote]I wouldn''t rule out either Crowe oe Efete being one of the four central defenders 9in the squad).At the moment the club has to be building a squad that is up to a decent promotion challenge this season, and the one after if needs beThat has to be what is the uppermost thoughts of Webber, Farke etc

i wonder if we had to pay a loan fee for Reed and Gunn ??

i understand that we might only pay a % of wages as parent club will pay

i would have thought southampton and Man city are rich enough without demanding a loan fee from us !!

Can''t imagine that there wouldn''t be loan fees involved. They have value and football is business

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Crowe has gone to Ireland on loan![/quote]and for how long  ?

Great news. I am struggling to understand the negativity of some posters here who are terrified by newness and by the unproven. These players have the drive to prove themselves and a player like Reed has bags of talent.

A quick Italian translation for you doubters:

Juventus= The youth. Bring it on.

I think this chap looks useful so hopefully s good addition but I wish people would lay off Tettey. Ok he wasn''t at his best for some of last season but he remains a top notch holding midfielder and I think in a better coached side will prove himself a Italian player for us again.

I don''t know why so many of our fans are so quick to ditch good and loyal servants of the club in the blinking an eye when a new signing comes along. I suspect in some of our tougher games we will play Reed alongside Tettey in the middle.